One of the well known and older resort hotels of Goa , it still lives upto its good reputation.About 45 minutes drive from the airport , very close to Panjim , Dona Paula & Miramar.
The design and layout of Cidade is very attractive and the colourful facade/interiors make it more so.The paintings on the walls are unique.
A warm welcome by the front desk , served a welcome drink and invited to join the cake mixing ceremony.That was a lot of fun.
The resort has some good restaurants esp Alfama.The decor is of a Portugese square,very attractive.The menu is Goan - Portugese fusion.Had a wonderful dinner(grilled king prawns,crab cakes,goan sea food broth,apple pie).
Good breakfast spread at Cafe Azul.
Rooms are well sized,with a comfortable bed.Bathroom is functional.(A bath tub would have been a treat).The sea view rooms with a sitout are wonderful.
The swimming pool is clean with many sunbeds scattered around. The beach is clean , secluded and almost private.
Excellent staff - very helpful and friendly(special thanks to Aaron,Nilesh,Sudesh,Nasir).
Dont miss listening to the pianist Tony playing at the bar.He has some great tunes esp old Bollywood numbers.
The in-house boat house has lots of activities including boat rides , kayaking , water scooters , para sailing,cruises etc.Its tad more expensive than those in the north beaches but worth it because one doesnt have to travel elsewhere for water activities.
The hotel provides complimentary airport pickup and drop by an ac bus .This was prompt and timely.
Cons : Breakfast at Laranja can get to be crowded because of large group of conferencers.
Stray dogs on the beach.
OVERALL : A great stay.Will surely return.
+Calangute,Baga & Anjuna beaches(further north) are a must see(45-60 mins drive from Cidade).
+Dont miss going to Old Goa(St Xavier cathedral/Mangeshi temple)
+Carry adequate medicines as there are no medical shops close by.
+The southern part of Goa is more peaceful and staider as compared to the north.Cleaner beaches too. Most of the top end hotels are in southern part.
+The party scene and popular beach shack eateries(Brittos/Souza Lobo) are located up north
+Buy Cashew nuts and Port wine to take back home.Excellent quality.
+Do try Feni - the local Cashew/Palm drink.Very strong but worth a try.
+Do the Mandovi river cruise.
+DONT hurry in Goa.The pace is slow.Remember you are on a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready to experience one of Goa's best kept secrets? Just 10 minutes from the capital city of Panjim, Cidade de Goa is spread across 40 acres and nestled along the tranquil Vainguinim beach, close to Dona Paula. Within it you'll discover a world of welcoming hospitality. The impeccably furnished rooms are equipped with every possible amenity and great sea views. Our Master Chefs will delight you with multiple cuisines in Cidade's array of restaurants. The fun shines brighter here with a range of water sports, beach games, indoor activities and kids' facilities. Clube Saúde has its own state of the art gymnasium and offers an array of Swedish body massages and holistic ayurvedic treatments. Come, experience the best that Goa has to offer at Cidade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cidade de Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cidade De Goa Beach Hotel Vainguinim
- Cidade De Goa Beach Resort
- Cidade Goa Beach Resort
- Hotel Cidade De Goa Beach
- Cidade De Goa Dona Paula