Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adriana
Santiago, Chile

The best place and the best people

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 weeks ago
Wonderful place to enjoy with family or friends. YONI IS THE BEST WAITRESS. You have to try this place and share this fantastic place and service. The landscape is beautiful and you can enjoy a terrific weather during all day. This will be your favorite place to relaxing.
Suite Imperial
Jacuzzi
    £63
1.6 miles from The Brown, Guatape
View more hotels in Guatape
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2024

The experience was absolutely wonderful!! The view was incredible, food was absolutely delicious but what really made the experience was the amazing waitress Maria Gomez! She was absolutely wonderful super attentive, polite and even took beautiful pictures for us!! I will definitely recommend this beautiful place!!

Reviewed 5 June 2024

This is a far cry from a five star hotel but we had a reasonably pleasant stay nonetheless. The marketing portrays the positives to the absolute max, but what you see in the pictures is all that you get. Other than the beautiful pool/restaurant with the amazing view, there isn't much else here. I had high expectations thanks to the glitzy marketing, but I could not help feeling aggrieved after I arrived. Pros: The staff are all extremely friendly and accomodating. The views are incredible. The food in the restaurant is excellent, although there was no typical local cuisine on offer. The bar is well stocked with top shelf products. The pool/hot tubs are an excellent place to while away the day with a good book. The decor is beautiful and the reception area is impressive. Cons: We booked a double room that is marketed on the website as 33sqm/355sqft that includes a living/sitting area. The only way you can get to this figure is to include the large balcony which makes up about 30% of the floor space. I ended up with bruises all over my shins because I kept running into the beds as I skirted around the room. The sitting/living area described on the website also had to mean the balcony because the only space for a chair in the room was if it was shoved under the desk. The closet was small (single) with no space to store large luggage and much of the desk/countertop was taken up by their copious "mini bar" that consisted of full-sized bottles (definitely not child friendly). If you have more than a couple of small bags, you will end up storing your things outside on the balcony. The bathroom was actually a wet room as the shower does not drain fast enough to prevent water from spilling out onto the floor. They are obviously aware of this because there is a secondary drain in the middle of the bathroom floor. Be prepared for the entire floor to be completely drenched by the time you get out of the shower (Tip: Don't bother using the bathmat because it just makes things worse). There is only one small hook in the bathroom to hang things up (including your towel), so you have to put things on the small table under the sink to keep them dry. But be warned! The water pressure is too high for the small vessel sink and if you unwittingly turn on the water as normal, you will get another shower and any things on the table under the sink will get soaked. The bathroom is not really big enough to comfortably change clothes in and impossible if the floor is wet. The resort offers a children's menu but this is not really an appropriate place for kids. In addition to the mini-bar mentioned above, they also have three small shelves openly displaying candy, nuts and even condoms(!) in the room. The pool is adjacent to the restaurant (all open air) and it really caters to couples in search of quiet relaxation with good drinks and food close to hand. We only saw one family with children there, but there were a lot of dirty looks from the couples in the hot tubs and pool when the excited kids came out to explore. Other than the pool, there is nothing for kids to do here. The water level in the lake was very low, so the natural swimming area was completely dry. We saw three sad jetskis sitting at the dock, but the price to rent them is even higher than in Europe or the USA. The gym is very nice, but again, not for kids, and you are supposed to check in and out. There is someone at the desk to point out the rules you should read before using the gym. We did not see any other amenities. We wanted to book a boat tour around the lake, but the concierge only offers the hotel's own boats, which are far more expensive than the services offered in the local town. It seems like only about 50% of the hotel grounds are currently accessible and there were a lot of construction workers walking around. In fact, we could hear them from about 7:30 in the morning talking in front of our door. The sound proofing in this hotel is not the best, either. Our neighbors kept us awake into the early hours of the morning the first night of our stay. We wandered around the grounds and found what looked like a beautiful garden (down a normal looking path just behind the hotel room buildings), but were promptly chased out by someone telling us the gardens were closed. There is an elevator in the main building that takes you up to the gym. However, if you push the wrong button, you end up on the top floor that is under construction and looks like something out of a horror movie if you end up there after dark, like we did. Talk about an accident waiting to happen.... Again, if you have children running around the resort, this is really dangerous. We were so keen to get out of there, we hit the first button (nothing is labeled) in the elevator and then ended up quite literally in the middle of the kitchen. This elevator should either be taken out of service or restricted access should be installed to prevent people accessing places they shouldn't. The hotel is at the end of a gravel road. While this adds to the allure of the place, be aware that it is not a comfortable journey, especially in a tuk-tuk. Just be prepared for a lot of jarring and noise. There is nowhere in the lobby to comfortably wait. The only seating available is logs with no backs. Luckily, the hotel was not full, so we were able to wait the two hours for our taxi to arrive in the restaurant, but if the hotel is busy (and hence the restaurant), I don't know where they expect people to wait once they have checked out. Finally, the hotel has beautiful fire pits sunken into the infinity pool overlooking the lake. We wanted to enjoy a quick pre-dinner drink in one of them (they were all empty at the time), but just as we were about to sit down, we were told that we needed to reserve (for 3 hours) and that the minimum spend was COP 600,000 (approx. US $160). What?!?! First, all three fire pits were empty. Second, how can two people drink their way through that much alcohol and actually make it back out of the fire pit? Given that this was our first night at the hotel, it left a bad taste in my mouth for the remainder of our stay. I expected much more from a Marriott property that touts itself as a luxury resort. I would probably recommend the hotel for a brief stay but I would certainly make people aware of what to really expect. The Brown really should amend their marketing to better manage expectations. It is always better to exceed expectations than to dramatically underperform.

Date of stay: May 2024
Reviewed 5 June 2024

Yani was amazing, super friendly. Best service. Always made sure I was good. Made sure my drinks were always coming. Food was perfect, music was perfect. Whole experience here has been amazing. Will be coming back often, whole hotel is amazing

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2024

Yoni was very amazing i checked in my room and decided to explore around the property I came across this beautiful pool area and asked if I was allowed to use to jacuzzi and pool he was very welcoming and offered me clean towels. I left some clothing behind he kept it for me when I came back a few hours later

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2024

This is one of the best restaurant *Pismo* I been in my hold life, great service Maria Gomez thank you for all your help with the buffet, food was delicious the view is amazing the no words to describer, come and visit this beautiful place the hotel and the staff will make you feel welcome!

Date of stay: May 2024