“Decent Motel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Blairmore B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Decent Motel”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a decent hotel much cleaner and better then most in the area. I see its stated in the other review but there was no smell of smoke when I stayed here. The room price was great value. The place is a bit dated but not terribly old. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. Good friendly staff. I also got a chance to eat the lunch buffet which was solid. Overall decent price for a decent place.

Room Tip: Choose non-smoking
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Claresholm
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed at the Highwood overnight, clean room, comfortable bed, helpful nice people, no smell of smoke when I was there, less than 1km from the hospital which was the reason I was in Blairmore,. The motel is old, room fittings dated but hey this is not the Hyatt and I didn't pay for the Hyatt, perfectly adequate for my needs. A few minor repairs needed which I spoke to the staff about,
Had the lunch buffet, tasty, for all the complainers of this facility build a bridge and get over it will ya.
No swimming pool or fitness centre I could see but I marked them excellent anyway.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank macmenemy
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This place was so gross. The check-in desk was behind an iron, locking gate. Really smelled of smoke everywhere. Needed to be completely refurbished! We wouldn't stay there! Even though we had to pay, we left.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! It was expensive and gross. We stayed in a beautiful Ramada Inn in Canmore fo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wyattasinearp1

Travellers are raving about these Blairmore hotels

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

One of the few pet friendly hotels in the pass (with a fee)
We walked in to check in waited forever for someone to come help us...rang the bell a few time and tried to find someone...when we were finally helped the looked at us kinda shocked and asked if we requested a dog,,,yes yes we did was always make sure to ask when we book a hotel..then they tell me he can only stay if he doesnt shed...uhhh what dog doesnt shed...well okay maybe there are 2 breads that dont....I meam our dog doesnt shed much because he is a wired hair terriier but there is still the chance...oh well...

Hotels smells a little musty and old...but if you dont mind the smell of Indian food you dont notice as the smell of curry masks almost every smell in the hotel...they put us in a smoking room which I didnt like as I requested non smoking...oh well as I say everything smelt like curry....

Bed was clean, room was clean, had ac which was nice...the resturant was not open sunday morning which was disapointing as there is not much open to eat on sunday mornings so it would be nice if at least the hotel was open so guests had some where to eat...no one at check out desk either on sunday morning...

it did its job, was a little pricy for what it was but it was clean and it was somewhere to stay for the night

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kirsty M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairmore
The Kanata by BCMInns Blairmore
Paddock Inn
Paddock Inn
#1 of 2 in Coleman
Country Encounters Accommodations

Been to Highwood Motel? Share your experiences!