“Business bonanza”

Goat Mountain Get-A-Way
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blairmore
Goat Mountain Get-A-Way
Calgary, Canada
“Business bonanza”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Went with my work team. We rented a few cabins. They were all great. Also rented the Sasquatch for a team BBQ . It was perfect for a small group.

Everything was clean, new and well looked after. I would highly recommend the cabins.

But I would ask for cabins away from the road. Less noise

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShinDao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have stayed here three times in the past several years and have yet to be disappointed. The owners go out of their way to make you feel at home.
This B&B is my summer go-to when I want to just get away, but within easy access of the Crowsnest corridor.
There are several cabins to choose from, but I've always stayed at the Wolf Cabin. It's perfect for one small family (I stayed there for almost a week one summer, and my parents came and went now & then), an individual or couple or a pair (my cousin and I have stayed there).
It feels rustic, but has a kitchen with everything you need. There is a TV, DVD player, movies (and it's not far to a rental place if you want something else), an outdoor BBQ, porch with chairs, and best of all -- privacy.
The cabin itself is heated by an indoor gas fireplace, which is very cozy. There is electric heat as well, plenty of quilts.
The bathroom has a heat lamp, which is really well appreciated in the cool mountain air of the morning or evening. Towels and minor toiletries and a hair dryer are provided, as are blankets, comfy couches, TV, Wi-Fi, and a fully stocked kitchen with a dining nook (if you choose to eat inside).
The cabins have a punch number lock on them - no key needed.
I will say this: If you're looking for perfection and 5-star treatment, go away. This is Alberta rustic and you'll have to put up with some dust from the road. It's closer to the highway, so the echoing of vehicles from the mountains might disturb some, but it doesn't bother me a whit, as it's quiet at night.
There is plenty of moving air with the windows open for a fresh breeze. The mountains are right outside your window - across the road. You can't get much closer than that.
The only 'beef' I've ever had with this place is that the outdoor BBQs are older and therefore somewhat dirty, but that's easily worked around with tin foil and/or a good wire brush scrub.
I love this place. I come back time & again because it's not pretentious, I feel at home, and it's quiet.
Give it a try!

Room Tip: Travelling alone or just as a couple, the Wolf cabin is perfect, as well as farther back from the hi...