“A rising star...”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
usa
“A rising star...”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Being americans we of course arrived early so business was slow. Being Spain the waitress did not speak much English and we did not speak much Spanish. The combination of timing and circumstance resulted in a wonderful experience. We were treated royally by the waitress and the manager who also stopped to talk a few times. And a very special treat, the brilliant young chef Gonzalo Barbosa, who spoke english as well as other languages, stopped by to talk to us about the menu. What a delight! Its a shame he is hidden in that kitchen! His recommendations were fabulous and he was quite charming. The food was fresh and prepared in the local style. The restaurant served the most wonderful ham as we were waiting for our food. The house pate was the best I have ever had. I believe they rotate this but yum! The moreruelo con jonas de pan tostado y pinones carresqueros (If I could translate I would), was just fantastic. My father in-law praised the lamb as the best he had ever tasted. The cheese cake was delightful. This was a lovely find in the small town of Alarcon and we will always cherish the memories. The staff made us feel very welcome and the service was absolutely superb. I hope we get a chance to go back.

1 Thank cdmUsa