“Great value, good views, nice rooms”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Solola
Hotel Mansion del Lago
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Solola
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This hotel was excellent value esp as a solo traveller. I booked a single room - I was given a good sized room on the top floor with a double bed & lake views for just 75Q a night. I have heard that rooms on the lower floors aren't so good so be sure to request the top floor. The room was clean with lots of storage space. The bathroom was basic but again, clean & fully functional. There was a communal balcony with rocking chairs & tables with a lovely lake view. The staff were friendly & location excellent. Just minutes from the Pana dock. I would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank TaraZahara
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mansion del Lago

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Hello!! We have been here for a week now. I highly recommended this place to everyone of all walks and places. We have a two year old with us and have felt comfortable our whole stay. We are from the outer banks of North Carolina. Great staff and very clean. It can be a little loud sometimes at night but not to big of a problem. Will visit again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kelton w
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Only 30 feet from the San Pedro dock.
Just walk straight up from the dock... hotel is on the left side... up the stairs.
About $10 a night. Great value.
A great place to stay at if you like to be in the busy central part of San Pedro.
Close to everything.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor for really wonderful views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank OccupyHappiness
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here for 2 weeks while we studied Spanish at San Pedro Spanish School (also highly recommended) All the staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem. Don't stay here for the advertised jacuzzi or gym. Neither have been used for some months. Rooms have great huge balconies to relax on and take in the vibe of the place. The central location gives you great access to restaurants & a great pub across the road. You have to expect a little noise that goes with this, but the noise of the Tuk-tuks trying to ascend the hill is quite loud at times.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Coolaba
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Pros: location near the dock and in the center of town, views from the patio, wifi access
Cons: rooms are antiquated, bathrooms somewhat dirty

I actually liked this property. I enjoyed waking up in the morning and looking out across the lake. My first stay I paid 80Q (about $8US) and the room sucked. This was a room in the middle of the second floor. It was small. The second time I asked to stay on the top floor and paid more (100Q). The third time I went back I got the top floor nice room with a view for 75Q. I was backpacking solo at the time.

There is nothing really special about this place but is an outstanding value in my eyes. Sure there are other places in San Pedro that are cheaper and possibly nicer but I found this place to be a great place to explore San Pedro and be my base for exploring the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank wanderingtheworld200
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The guide book recommended it, but I would not. The location's great and their website makes the place look nice, but really it's moldy, the bathroom had plumbing issues, and if the hot tub on the roof is hot, so is Greenland.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason G
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We didnt actually end up staying here, but when we were in San Pedro we were looking for a better place to stay than the place we were at (Hotel San Francisco) and this looked great...from the outside. Externally it looks like a lovely big hotel and it is situated right next to the dock. We asked if we could have a look at one of the rooms. Now considering that we were asking to view a room so that we could book to stay there, you would assume that what they showed us was one of their best rooms, which makes me feel sorry for people who ended up staying in one of their not-so-great rooms.

We went into the room and instantly were hit by the awful smell of mould and damp, the result of a huge damp patch on the wall (about 1mx2m). the furniture was antiquated and shoddy and yes, they had a TV, but it was one from the 1980's I'm sure!

Worse than that, they wanted 200Q total for the room (a triple), which given the cheapness of San Pedro is a complete rip-off.
For somewhere better to stay in San Pedro la Laguna, i recommend Jarachik (see my other reviews).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank doublechoc-chip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solola
La Casa del Mundo Hotel
#2 of 3 in Santiago Atitlan
Porta Hotel Del Lago
Porta Hotel Del Lago
#4 of 29 in Panajachel

Been to Hotel Mansion del Lago? Share your experiences!