“Eat in the restaurant”

La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Had lunch here which was amazing, great food and service in the most amazing setting. Not seen the rooms but would definitely come back and stay here. The golf course also looking beautiful. Not too far from Antigua so plenty to do.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 January 2013

This is just the best place I´ve ever been to, the Golf Course is just fantastic, along with the landscape, it´s a breath taker view to the volcanoes. The rooms are more than anyone expects, and the best part of all!!! the service, the smiles, the people, who don´t let any detail aside. I´m amazed, and I for sure will come back when there is a chance to it. Congratulation to all the staff for their great and professional work. special mention to the Executive Chef (Amilcar) and the Guest Experience Hostess (Cindy), the host (Ernesto)

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view to the Golf Course and the Volcanoes
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marvin L
Reviewed 26 December 2012

La Reunion is an amazing place. To think there this came out of the ground in a few short years. The owners and developers should be proud of every inch of the site. I especially enjoyed the service, the structure, the interiors, the Bose ipod adapter in the suite, the private pool, the complimentary wifi (strong signals throughout) and the food. The views in particular are amazing. At night, the staff set us up with binoculars and a telescope to see the full moon pass from behind the volcano into view.

The one thing I could complain about is bumpy ride caused by probably a mile of cobblestone streets leading into the resort. The bright side is that you can consider it a complimentary massage. =)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Howard Y
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We had another fantastic stay at La Reunion. This weekend we were celebrating a family birthday and the fantastic team organised a wonderful breakfast overlooking the 17th hole with a beautiful view of the smoking volcano - a real treat. The team at La Reunion were attentive (as always) and the service was impeccable. We love the luxurious rooms and the private pools are always a hit with the kids. The golf course is magnificent and we cant wait to come again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have played at courses all around the world. This by far is the most beautiful and unique golf course I have played. Nestled at the foot of a volcano, it helps if you are half billy goat. Its higher altitude provides a cooler temperature. I used to wonder what heaven looked like...I wonder no more.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have to go back for a vacation ASAP! I had the benefit of visiting La Reunion this past weekend for a 3 day business meeting. The meeting went very well, and I must say, due in large part to their GM Margarito Barreras and his staff. We had a group of 25 adults, and used all of the facilities. Everyone spoke of the beautiful golf course, amazing accommodations and attention to detail of the hotel staff! While many of our group were staying in the large villas, I especially enjoyed one of the spacious suites near the hotel looking over the first hole, Rm 138 - a private pool with breath taking sunrises! Although I had to work over the weekend, La Reunion provided alternative events for us to enjoy - challenging and beautiful golf, and trips to historical Antigua. Given the size of our group, we were also amazed at their ability to make each group meal a dining experience. Their executive chef and team really know how to work with very large groups. Their attentive staff served us all very quickly, so we could enjoy the meal as a big "family". And if you are lucky enough to hold your corporate function there, ask them to plan a breakfast near the 13th hole with the back drop of the volcano, Fuego. Spectacular! Although I felt like I was on vacation during our work weekend, I am going back to just simply enjoy La Reunion for my own family! Thank you Margarito for a great job!!

Room Tip: I would recommend a suite in the 135-139 group on first hold of golf course.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I stayed this past weekend at La Reunion and had an unbelievable experience. We stayed in one of the suites (Room 135) and the room was incredibly. It had a tub inside and a heated pool and another hot tub outside. It overlooks the golf course and more importantly, has a view of the volcano right from your bed (with the curtains open) and from the pool and hot tub outside. Each visitor gets a golf cart to go to and from the room.

The service was top notch. They come to fix your room twice a day when you're not there and they are on call to attend to any of your needs.

The restaurant was great. We had breakfast there and dinner one of the nights we did not go into the city and the food was great.

I very highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janesk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alotenango
Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo
Hotel Meson del Valle
Hotel Meson del Valle
#26 of 75 in Antigua
El Convento Boutique Hotel

Been to La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!