“Total Relaxation”

La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Total Relaxation”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Breath- taking , the first words that come to mind when you drive up the long hill and first behold what awaits you. The moment I stepped out of my taxi I knew I had made a wonderful decision. What this place embodies is warmth, the amazing views in almost any direction you look makes this feel like a true paradise. With 4 volcanoes all around and Fuego constantly smoking , made for the most beautiful photos.
I will highlight everything I loved and then my downsides:
View- like no other , miles of pure lush greenery.
- * must wake up early at least 6 am to really appreciate the true beauty of this place , all volcanoes are usually in full view with not a cloud in sight.
- I'm not a golfer, but the golf course looked marvelous, a few times during my visit people flew in on a helicopter ( there's a helipad) to play a few rounds of golf then fly back out.
Food- Amazing from the first day the chef came up and said don't hesitate to ask for something , and he was true to his word . Anything I asked he delivered , and it was totally delicious. Just may be the best quesadilla and ceviche I've ever had.
Bar ( needed its own line) - since I spent most evening here, actually all except one pouring night . The bartender knew how to make great drinks, when we weren't downing a cold Gallo, the margarita filled in nicely and the Guatemalan rum Zacapa was just as tasty.
Staff- knew our name from the first day, extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. Raul, Mynor , Chef Amicar , Julio and christian have to get special mention, since they made my visit complete.
- Excellent wifi throughout property.

A few of my downsides:
- The hotel is located to far from action and the town of Antigua , and this is only an issue since their service to the town is $80 roundtrip ( OUCH) . it took about 25 mins to Antigua but I most certainly wouldn't pay $80 daily so at times you feel forced to remain at Hotel , which actually wouldn't be an issue if there were several and a wide variety of activities or tours planned from there.
- Also, this is my first time in history travelling and a bathroom not having a washcloth, this may not be an issue for others but my shower isn't complete without one. ( I will say after inquiry they found one and provided it but I had that same one for the entire stay which made me think its a rare commodity).
-Again this have to do with the distance- I think maybe Friday and Saturday nights should have at least a little music with some dancing if going into Antigua isn't as accessible and pricey.
- Concierge staff spoke limited English , sometimes got lost in translation.
- swim- up bar and the Snack bar was closed the entire time I was there, real bummer.
- More traditional Guatemalan meals should be on menu, I travel to a foreign place to indulge in their culture. ( but as stated earlier the chef was extremely flexible and more than accommodating so my off the menu meals were excellent).

I think I've touch my major points, this hotel was suitable for my purpose, after months of pure exhaustion, I just wanted to rest and have a quiet birthday. I got just that, staff who treats you like royalty and total peace of mind. Simply Paradise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest:
Greetings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residence!

We received your comments regarding your recent stay in our property and we really want to thank you for your time in let us know your nice experience in our resort and the aspects we need to solve.

We are improving more changes concerning service, remodelations and will be a pleasure for us to having you in a near future.

Thank you again for your letter and please feel free to contact us if you have any request.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fl.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 4 days at this lovely resort. We stayed in Suite 130 which has a picturesque view of the golf course, mountains and an active volcano. We particularly enjoyed breakfasts on the veranda. The only drawback was that our hot-tub stayed warm rather than hot. We are anxious to return to this incredible facility!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay in our Resort. We really appreciate your feedback for another travelers around the world.

Concerning the hot water in room #130 we already fixed up. My sincere apology for the inconvenient.

We hope to see you in a near future.
Regards!!!

San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at La Reunion for a week at one of the Suites they have, and I found it outstanding!!! and accommodating!!! the stuff always went out of their way to accomplish what I asked for, when I needed something, the view to the volcan de Fuego and all the landscapes was amazingly beautiful. For sure I´ll comeback again. the best place!!!

Room Tip: All of them suites are amazing!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Mr. Marvin L:

Grettings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residences !
We really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay in our property.

Actually we are improving special packages for Eco Adventure attractions perfect for Kids and Family activities like rappel, pintball, mini golf and much more.

Will be a pleasure for us to see you again in a near future.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 9 April 2014

La Reunion is one of the best life experiences ever. Surrounded by 3 volcanoes, it offers one of the best golf courses in the world. Every time I visit La Reunion, I enjoy the view, the food and, above all, the great service. I feel at home spending time with family. The General Manager takes care of every detail, and usually the chef visits every table to know if the food was ok. The accommodation is outstanding. With views to the volcano and to the golf course. In addition, the experience to play the golf course is unforgettable. In summary, to stay at La Reunion is a unique real dream.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Evelyn O, Gerente at La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Mr. J0shua:

Greetings from La Reunión Golf Resort & Residences !!!

We really appreciate your comments regarding your experience in our resort last month.

We are improving new activities for families and couples, more variety in our dishes, a renewed menu and special room packages making the reservation thru our web page.

Thanks again for your time and nice letter.

Hope to see you again in a near future.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I spent a weekend at La Reunion celebrating an anniversary; both of us agree we should have spent our honeymoon here in the first place! The suites with private jacuzzi and swimming pool are very nicely furnished, with all the comforts you could ask for. The views (of the golf course, the beautiful countryside and two volcanoes in the background) from the private balcony were magnificent! The sound of trickling water from the fountain in the balcony was very soothing. The Sunday buffet breakfast was among the very best we've ever had! The people were extremely nice, went out of their way to make us feel at home; having everyone (even at the restaurant) know our names was a nice touch. We are definitely coming back, perhaps even with the whole family, as there seemed to be fun things to do for everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for the suites with private jacuzzi and swimming pool and a direct view of Agua volcano!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Regina F
Dear Mrs. Regina:

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay in our resort.

We really appreciate your letter and each comment noted concerning the service, the views and the food & beverage experience.

In fact, we have plenty activities also available for families and children. Our Kids Club and the Eco Adventure program offer to the visitors the opportunity to practice cycling, rappel, horsing and others.

Will be a pleasure for us to having you and your family in a near future.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband's family has a home at La Reunion and we all gathered there for the Christmas holidays this year. The natural setting was even more beautiful than I'd imagined -- dramatic and awe-inspiring. The house was about a 5 minute drive along picturesque cobblestone streets from the clubhouse and guest residences, but we toured three of the guest rooms out of curiosity. They're beautifully appointed, nice amenities (indoor/outdoor showers!), tasteful decor (several sizes and layouts), lovely stonework, stunning views and private pools. We enjoyed the club itself often during our stay. Friendly staff, courteous service. There is a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (also with breathtaking views... on a clear day you can see all the way to the edge of the ocean) as well as a handsome lounge. After spending time in the gym (weight room, squash court etc, nice locker-rooms, sauna, jacuzzi, massage, pool, tennis.... ), it was beautiful to go relax on the big veranda and enjoy one of their many fresh juices served in a lovely tall glass. As far as golf, I'm no expert but the course itself was amazing -- in nice condition and apparently quite challenging. The pros were personable and very helpful for both first-timers and more experienced players (our group had lessons several times on the beautiful driving range at the foot of the Fuego volcano). My husband played all 18 holes and I went along for 9 holes one day to drive the cart and gawk at the scenery. The caddies were very good -- professional and friendly. Overall, an earlier reviewer called La Reunion "a treasure" and I have to agree. We came away thoroughly relaxed (how rare is that on a big family holiday?), and looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deewigi
Dear Ms.Deewigi:

Greetings from La Reunión Golf Resort 6 Residences

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel and we want to thank you for your preference-

Will be a real pleasure to having you here in a near future with your husband & Family.

Antlers, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Spent one week and never got tired of the beautiful magnificence of the area. Nestled on the lower slope of the Fuego Volcano (which erupted several times during our stay) with a phenomenal 18 hole course. My wife and I never played the course (she doesnt play) but we drove the course several times taking pictures and taking in the awe inspiring scenery.

I give the food at the resort an A plus. The chef on location serves up great meals that will please your pallet. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was great. I give a 4 not 5 because we had wifi outages and after reporting our AC quit working I had to seek out the breaker box myself to learn the breaker had thrown after the problem wasnt handled after 12 hours. The staff is friendly and courteous.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alotenango
Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo
#6 of 82 in Antigua
Meson Panza Verde
Meson Panza Verde
#8 of 82 in Antigua

Been to La Reunion Golf Resort & Residences? Share your experiences!