“If you want a little bit more then cafe dining...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mash - CLOSED

Mash
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“If you want a little bit more then cafe dining...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Sitting outside drinking sauvignon blanc with a beautiful meal. It is a nice place to dine. It can be more pricey compared to the other cafes in Glenbrook but if you want to spend a bit extra for something a bit more fine dining then a normal cafe meal then the mash is the place to go!

Visited April 2012

Brisbane, Australia
“Pricey but great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Thursday night, we sat outside as there was a large party inside. Service was excellent, friendly and efficient without being intrusive. Food was perfect. Scallops and avocado salsa for entree followed by twice cooked pork belly. Food was a bit pricey but could not be faulted. I was visiting from Brisbane but my friend was from Penrith and this restaurant was unknown to her. Definately worth a return visit.

• Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Over priced for what you get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Although the food is good, you'll be paying a high price. At the sort of prices you pay here you'd expect the little extras - if you're not having entree's why not remove the cutlery? If your not having breads why not remove the side plates? If I used them they would have been removed, so why not if I'm not? They are in the way. It's an average restaurant charging a premium price - would I go again? Probably not.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Razar88
Sydney
“Ended up leaving before ordering”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I go to Mash often and it's usually pretty good but today was awful. I visited with my baby and some friends but we asked to move tables before ordering as we were outside in the sun which was just too hot for the baby. The waitress huffed and puffed about being too busy for this, said shed check and come back to us. After waiting 10 mins and watching her walk past us to ask other tables if they were enjoying their meals, I went to her and asked what was happening. She said there wasn't a table to move to, I could see at least 4 empty tables around. i asked if she was planning on coming to tell us because she just left us stood there in the sun with the baby and she just seemed completely unconcerned about helping us. We left and went to cafe cee up the road. Disappointed because I go to mash regularly and really enjoy it. I Don't feel too excited at the prospect of going back.

1 Thank J0diel0u
Sydney
“Beautiful food! I loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

Food was really special, lovely location and good atmosphere although it wasn't very intimate as the table are close together and conversations could be heard- proximity of other tables was quite imposing . Service a little slow but adequate. Food outstanding and more than made up for negatives...