“Cold”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2013

8:30am in winter is cold in Glenbrook. The sign outside Mash said "Fire is lit!" so we went in. Inside was the most pathetic little blaze not much more than the size of a football that didn't even warm my hands when I stood directly in front of it.
The old building the cafe is in has some ambiance but hard cold furniture poor lighting and heating lets it down.
As we were there at breakfast the food was simple and adequate. Coffee and tea were not great though. Wait staff are friendly but appear inexperienced and flustered.
Mash was not the warm experience I was looking for.

1  Thank 2painfull

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I recently visited Mash after many months away. I was disappointed to say the least. I stood waiting to be acknowledged for about 6 minutes, then was told to sit at number 15 - no table had any numbers on them. I then waited for 12 minutes with the waitress rushing to and fro completely ignoring me. I had to call out to request a menu, I ordered coffee which arrived after I had finished my delicious mushrooms and spinach on toast. I used to go to Mash all the time, but they have now lost me and I won't return. I would not recommend it...The wait staff changes all the time and they are run off their feet.

2  Thank jr9april
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Glenbrook Village is lovely little town with a few lovely little shops (a great shoe shop, called Foot of the Mountains) and lots of little cafes and restaurants. Mash is one of the more popular ones and I have eaten there 3 times now. Each time I have gone with someone that wanted to try it out and each time I have been less than totally satisfied. It is always busy and you have to wait usually quite a while before your meal is served. Food is quite pricey and try hard. Meals always sound lovely from the menu but your meal is always a bit disappointing.

2  Thank AussieSyd_Jen2012
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Sitting outside drinking sauvignon blanc with a beautiful meal. It is a nice place to dine. It can be more pricey compared to the other cafes in Glenbrook but if you want to spend a bit extra for something a bit more fine dining then a normal cafe meal then the mash is the place to go!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Thursday night, we sat outside as there was a large party inside. Service was excellent, friendly and efficient without being intrusive. Food was perfect. Scallops and avocado salsa for entree followed by twice cooked pork belly. Food was a bit pricey but could not be faulted. I was visiting from Brisbane but my friend was from Penrith and this restaurant was unknown to her. Definately worth a return visit.