“Good for muslim families”

De Palma Hotel Ampang
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ampang
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Booked this hotel as I had to attend to a friend's wedding. Just a short walk away from Ampang mall, which have pretty much everything in one mall. U have a supermarket, retail stores and ample of food finds. Though it is slightly away from the main city, we managed by taking the taxi to and fro to town.
We got the muslim theme room. Prayer mats and quran were laid along with dates and raisins. Muslim prayers and chants were played along the hallway and prayer calls could be heard 5 times daily.
For the non muslims, there are normal rooms to stay too. Rooms were super spacious and bathrooms were clean.
Setback was there is only one iron for the whole hotel and bathroom does not provide toiletries.so bring ur own to avoid disappointments. Towel smells of expired clorox , it was really bad. Thank god it was a night stay.
Chexking out was a bit slow, we had to deposit 100rm upon checking in and they were hesitant to return backour cash.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Musliha

Reviewed 7 June 2013

first of all i checked in early which was a good thing after a long trip, I went to the room the smell of stale smoke was horrible and the bed sheets on one bed very dirty, as i was tired i needed sleep and had to relax so complaining wasnt in my mind at this point.

Then i asked for the wifi password only to be told no wifi only in the lobby pretty shocking when they have a business floor and meeting rooms wifi a daily need for most business travellers these days.........

had to print a document took front office nearly one hour to get in to me most times not very helpful any requests met with a dull face disappointing.

the food was average and the breakfast terrible inedible potatoes like they had been fried 3 times from the day before hot food all cold and not appetising, as soon as you get the menu the staff hover over you till you decide makes you feel very uncomfortable.

the local fayre didnt do much for either small portions and the beef rendang i was still chewing in the morning.

overall disatisfied stay wont be back here the hotel needs to step up its game to live up to the rewards it shows off on its flyers

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chefmartin81
Reviewed 23 May 2013

The best syariah compliant hotel that centered in Kuala Lumpur that i had experienced how wonderful their greets with doa for their guests when i want to check in! as a repeater guest that comes for business trip, its a nice place to get in at DePalma as it is syariah hotel that complete you with the islamic accommodations. in my opinion,as the room was good and nice and had given a very nice view of Kuala Lumpur too. is that fair enough with their reasonable price compare to any other hotels that priced expensive, but have an average quality of service!! Their receptionist are friendly and easy going whenever i need help for my room. for my family holiday time,they are satisfied wit the services. their services are getting better trust me!

Room Tip: economical prices for a repeater guest just like me that feels like home!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank azwan568
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stay in this hotel for one night because I have a meeting to attend. It was not very bad but It could have been better, why ? Firstly when I checked in the front desk could not find my name even though I have made the reservation one week in advance.After thourough recheck they finally managed to find my name somewhere in the system.Secondly eventhough the room is quite spacious the carpet really needs replacement.Lasttly the buffet lunch is not worth the money as it lacks choices.On the positive side the room on the 11 floor is recommended as you could view panoramic view of KL city and it is quiet.The hotel is strategically located to a few interesting places worth visiting- just trip advisor it.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Me and my friend have to check in de palma for 3 night as we came here for training which our company select de palma cos it is near our training centre. On first day of check in looking for a nice room to rest as we travel early in the morning and check in in the evening and to our disapointment was given twin bed instead of queen size even we request month ahead. My friend room table chair is broken and toilet shower glass cannot be closed and maintenance came over to take out but did not come back again. So my friend take shower without the glass and all the water gushed out. For my room everthing is ok except the shower which i only took late night and the drainage is stuck which have caused the whole washroom flooded which i did complain on the next day. When i come back the next day the housekeeping clean my room and even clean my genting world card which is slot in the power switch. I know power saving in hotel but i was charging laptop which i need to use for my assignment at least dont take away my genting card which i have to call to the reception and to enquire and they told me will try to find. Was it not hotel policy do not remove anything which belong to the guest? LOST OF WORDS!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank K3nJi
Reviewed 7 January 2013

pleaselah frontliner people. .receptionist is not smiling and not giving proper explanation on the room they have..same goes to the people at the coffee hz..the lady preparig the omelette..r u havg ur pms???

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank eixah
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I went to De Palma just to use the public toilet but even the public toilet was terrible! Tissue on the floor, black dust on toilet seat and the water bidet was running non-stop. There are 4 toilets and 3 of them are dirty! Not good for the first impression. At the end, I just wash my hands because of holding the toilet door as I felt curious about the place. I found that supermarket nearby is better than the De Palma's. I'm not sure whether I want to try staying in the hotel. I feel doubtful with the cleanliness about the other area as well.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank faratrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ampang
No photo provided
#185 of 347 in Kuala Lumpur
Villa Samadhi
Villa Samadhi
#3 of 347 in Kuala Lumpur

Been to De Palma Hotel Ampang? Share your experiences!