We stayed at Kimi Ora in February 2006 and had a wonderful time. It was the perfect place to pamper ourselves and luxuriate after kayaking and camping up and down the Abel Tasman coast. The grounds were gorgeous, the staff very friendly and the view from the rooms are stunning. My wife got a massage and said it was excellent, also given in a room with the incredible views seen in our picture. As a massage therapist herself that is a quite a compliment.
A couple disappointments were that they did not have room for us at dinner which we were really looking forward to, but dinner at a restaurant down by the beach was fine. The facilities in the building where the hottub is has seen better days, still nice but a little tired. With the gorgeous views they should just bring the hottub out by the pool instead of in the dingy "fitness center". Also, on our first night there was a party a sort of campground just below the resort that was uproariously loud. Kimi Ora has no control over that, but for the price we paid it would have been nice to get full night sleeps every night without the howls of drunken campers waking us in the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Kimi Ora Eco Resort. Kimi Ora means "Seek health" in Maori - and it is here you will find it! Nestled amongst 12 hectares of tranquil hillside bush, Kimi Ora Eco Resort overlooks the golden sands of Kaiteriteri beach and is right on the doorstep of the popular Abel Tasman National Park and Mountain Bike Park. Here you will find the perfect location and facilities for any type of holiday experience you wish to find. Whether it is a relaxing weekend getaway, honeymoon, a special treat for your employees or some adventure packed days with kayaking, mountain biking and canyoning. Everything is possible! Just ask our friendly staff what packages are currently available to suit your needs. We offer 22 chalets, all with sea views, fully equipped kitchenette, ensuite and much more. We also offer an indoor/outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor spa, sauna, steam room, Day Spa - offering extensive spa treatments, table tennis, bike hire and bush walks, including a night time Glow Worm walk. The team at Kimi Ora Eco Resort hope to welcome you soon to our beautiful resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kimi Ora Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimi Ora Health Hotel Nelson
- Kimi Ora Eco Resort New Zealand/Kaiteriteri