We are 2 friends on a girls getaway weekend for 2 nights - but we could have easily stayed for longer (if it wasn't for husbands, kids and jobs calling us back!). We booked a 1 bedroom chalet and had Unit 12. This gave us a king bed in the bedroom and a single bed in the living room which was all we needed and allowed us to have a bit of space each. The single bed wasnt the greatest but the king was good. It cost $155 for the room booked direct through their website. They do have 2 bedroom units if you prefer 2 double beds. The room also had 2 lazy boys, a heat pump, a flat screen TV, a small hob and fridge (but no microwave) and it was all we needed for making breakfast and lunches and a quick dinner one night. The bathroom looked new and had a very good shower.
We used the spa, saunas, indoor pool and steam room both days and booked a massage on day 2...it was really good and we wish we had time to do it again the next day but we had to head away. We had the 3 course vegetarian dinner one night and it was hot, tasty and fresh. I would do this again.
It is up a hill (parking wasnt too bad considering the uphill location), the views are amazing overlooking Kaiteri and ocean. The atmosphere at Kimi Ora is about being healthy, natural and relaxing and we even fitted in a walk each day.
We found the staff to be very helpful from answering our first enquiries, sorting our reservation and booking for massages through to check out.
It is not a 5 star glitzy resort, but rather a special natural place to spend some time relaxing.
We will certainly do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Kimi Ora Eco Resort. Kimi Ora means "Seek health" in Maori - and it is here you will find it! Nestled amongst 12 hectares of tranquil hillside bush, Kimi Ora Eco Resort overlooks the golden sands of Kaiteriteri beach and is right on the doorstep of the popular Abel Tasman National Park and Mountain Bike Park. Here you will find the perfect location and facilities for any type of holiday experience you wish to find. Whether it is a relaxing weekend getaway, honeymoon, a special treat for your employees or some adventure packed days with kayaking, mountain biking and canyoning. Everything is possible! Just ask our friendly staff what packages are currently available to suit your needs. We offer 22 chalets, all with sea views, fully equipped kitchenette, ensuite and much more. We also offer an indoor/outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor spa, sauna, steam room, Day Spa - offering extensive spa treatments, table tennis, bike hire and bush walks, including a night time Glow Worm walk. The team at Kimi Ora Eco Resort hope to welcome you soon to our beautiful resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Kimi Ora Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimi Ora Health Hotel Nelson
- Kimi Ora Eco Resort New Zealand/Kaiteriteri