My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights with our 3 year old son. The ensuite room was very comfortable, clean and spacious, but (as somebody else commented) it was very hot for mid-summer, having a thick duvet on the bed. We preferred not to have the windows open as we're not used to a lot of traffic noise at night, although it did quiten down after midnight until around 6am. There was also an electric fan provided, so we used that and it did make it a bit cooler.
I can't get over how many people said the breakfast was very good! Ours most certainly was not - the sausages and bacon appeared microwaved and were very bland and tasteless and the eggs were poached and not drained at all well, resulting in a very watery breakfast. They also charged us more than half price for our 3 year old, for just a small box of cereal and one slice of toast, so I wasn't impressed. Needless to say, we didn't have the breakfast again.
We were central for both the new forest and southampton (we went to IOW on the ferry) so the location was ideal for us.
All in all, a pleasant stay, but do yourselves a favour and get some croissants and orange juice in for a DIY breakfast like we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our independent, 4-star guest accommodation is located just one mile from the edge of the New Forest within the National Park, and within easy reach of Southampton and Salisbury. Ideal for business or pleasure we have 14 fully equipped, modern bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your New Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Forest Hotel Landford
- New Forest Lodge Landford, Wiltshire