“Good value for money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landford
norfolk
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed a couple of nights as we were attending a wedding. For what we wanted it was excellent The rooms are generous in size, clean ,well appointed and equipped with everything one could need. including iron and ironing board. The bed was the most comfortable that I have slept in away from home.The bathroom was a good size with plenty of hot water .
The hotel is right on the A 36 so easy to find ,the downside is the potential for traffic noise though I must admit that this was not a problem for us.
The hotel does not have any public rooms apart from a smallish breakfast area, there is no lounge or bar area .The Owner was helpful and friendly and offered us some good advice about locations where we could meet up with friends before the afternoon wedding. He had also offered the use of the breakfast area had that been more convienient.
Breakfast is not included in the price of the room but at £7.50 offered excellent value and variety of choice of cooked breakfast as well as juices cerials and yoghurt and excellent fresh coffee. I have to be wheat free ,glutin free toast was provided for me which was super.
I would certainly stay here again provided that we did not want the use of a lounge or bar on site. As mentioned by other reviewers there is an Indian resturant on the same site and no end of good pubs and resturants located within a few minutes drive. There is ample free parking on site.
For a quick stopover I could not think of a better place.

Room Tip: Upstairs and towards the back of the property. We were upstairs midway along the corridor and it wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mooredup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cardiff
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Nice clean & well presented hotel with very helpful & polite staff. However the pictures of the hotel could be misleading as it portraits the hotel as situated in a rural setting but actually that's just a field next to the hotel. The hotel is located on the main A36 so is easy to find & is just a couple minutes drive from the New Forest. Value for money could of been better if the price of the breakfast was included but overall a pleastant stay. If though you're looking for something a little bit more lively then try Downton as this place is pretty remote.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I was staying away on business and found the New Forest Lodge via Bookings.com. My expectations were'nt high - just a reasonably priced twin room, single occupancy near to my client. What a surprise when I arrived. The Lodge was pristine, the welcome impeccable, and I was escorted to my room, bag carried for me and everything explained. The room was delightful. Immaculate and very comfortable and with free WiFi. There was even an ironing board and iron tucked away in a cupboard. Lovely hot strong shower and a (moveable) desk so that I wasn't working with my nose to the wall. Even though the Lodge is on the A36, there was very little traffic noise and I got a great night's sleep.

I would recommend the Lodge to anyone. In fact, I've booked to go back next month on another business trip and am planning to take hubbie down for a weekend break to try the very delightful looking Indian restaurant next door and (I am reliably told by my client) the glorious New Forest countryside and a lovely pub on a green just down the road. Can't wait.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Cornwall
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed one night attending family reunion locally.Superb location close to New Forest attractions. Clean, modern with polite friendly staff.Has an excellent indian restaurant next door and a pub 100 yards up the road.What more could one want. Only criticism is that sound carries from corridors and upper floors which might upset the light sleeper. Breakfast value for money. Would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank crib46
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Best place we have stayed so far in England! Spotlessly clean, wonderfully comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for the friendly, helpful staff. Ideally located, the New Forest and the ponies start only 5 minutes down the road. We wanted to stay longer but alas no vacancies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the fields.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul T
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The staff were were very accommodating. Books and games for children, room was very big with a lovely view.
The breakfast staff - two ladies, were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.
No take away food allowed in room, which was a shame, as have two small children, who go to bed very early.
Wonderful stay

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank karen k
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights with our 3 year old son. The ensuite room was very comfortable, clean and spacious, but (as somebody else commented) it was very hot for mid-summer, having a thick duvet on the bed. We preferred not to have the windows open as we're not used to a lot of traffic noise at night, although it did quiten down after midnight until around 6am. There was also an electric fan provided, so we used that and it did make it a bit cooler.
I can't get over how many people said the breakfast was very good! Ours most certainly was not - the sausages and bacon appeared microwaved and were very bland and tasteless and the eggs were poached and not drained at all well, resulting in a very watery breakfast. They also charged us more than half price for our 3 year old, for just a small box of cereal and one slice of toast, so I wasn't impressed. Needless to say, we didn't have the breakfast again.
We were central for both the new forest and southampton (we went to IOW on the ferry) so the location was ideal for us.
All in all, a pleasant stay, but do yourselves a favour and get some croissants and orange juice in for a DIY breakfast like we did.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CirenGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landford
Forest Lodge Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Woodlands
Holiday Inn Express Southampton West

Been to New Forest Lodge? Share your experiences!