“Excellent”

Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I purchased a half day Falconry Experience for my husband's Birthday, as he has a keen interest in Birds of Prey. I went along as a Spectator with my camera to record the day. We had a fantastic morning and were very impressed by enthusiasm and knowledge of Keith and especially Ian who was our host for the day. All the birds were obviously well cared for and in an excellent condition.

My husband thoroughly enjoyed handling the various Owls and Hawks and Ian was careful to include the Spectators in the experience giving them plenty of opportunities to take some wonderful photographs of their partners and friends whilst they were taking part.

Ian's commentary throughout the morning was both informative and amusing.

Highly recommended to anyone who has an interest in this type of activity.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank rallyinguk

Andover, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Truly Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I'm not sure it's possible to explain just how good the experience is but I guess the title gives it away. It's by far the most fun I've had for years. The birds are beautiful, the instructors are friendly and you get plenty of hands-on time and information about the birds. The atmosphere is very relaxed (which probably explains why the birds are so happy to interact and you get the chance to see their personalities shine), the setting is lovely and I would recommend it for anyone (don't forget your camera) - it's something I would like to repeat again myself!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sampson33
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family bought me a full day experience for my birthday last November but I only booked the experience recently. What can I say? From the moment we stepped out of our car at 9.30 until the moment we left at 4pm it was absolutely brilliant. My wife accompanied me as a spectator to take those all important photos and she was treated just us much as a participant as myself - fully involved and close up to those magnificent birds. We didn't get to meet the lovely Karen but on the phone she was so pleasant and helpful you just knew it was going to be a great day. We were looked after by Karen's husband Keith and his colleague Ian. Both were engaging and knowledgeable and the time just flew (sorry!). It was a real hands on event. I didn't feel like a paying customer. I felt as though I was part of their world. Keith & Ian were keen to make sure that everyone got the most out of their time there. In the morning there were six of us flying the birds, each accompanied by a partner. This was a very nice size group and apparently this is the maximum. After a quick talk amongst magnificent eagles, falcons, kestrels and owls it was on with the gloves and time to start flying. We started off with the Asian wood owl before moving on to a barn owl. Each one being trained to fly to the glove and take the offered food. Then we were off through the woods with Pee Wee the Harris Hawk. His agility through the trees was a sight to behold & will long be remembered. After a very nice lunch at the nearby Shoe Inn (accompanied by Enzo, a Lanner Peregrine cross) it was on to the bigger birds in the afternoon. For the afternoon it was just myself and my wife as the group from the morning were only doing a half day. The afternoon passed in a blur of brilliant birds - a golden eagle, a ferruginous hawk and my particular favourite, Magda the Scottish Peregrine falcon. This did not feel like a "visitor experience". It felt like a proper hands on full day of falconry. I cannot recommend the this experience highly enough. Thank you to Karen, Keith and Ian for making it an absolutely superb day - one of the best.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JohnnyM1111
Watford, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Had a really lovely day at Forest Falconry. It was fasinating to get up close to the birds and see them in action. The owner and staff have a passion for their work and clearly care a great deal about the birds and their welfare. I was given the day as a gift and my partner spent time trying to find a well managed place and he chose well. The day started with an introduction to the birds and then we were able to help fly/feed various birds - owls, hawk, harrier and eagle. Nice lunch also provided at the local pub. It was a relaxed day and Keith and Ian had plenty of stories to tell.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Amanda1357
Salisbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I bought the experience for a Christmas present for my husband who loves birds of prey etc, I was less enthusiastic about the day when I arrived, however I was totally amazed at the knowledge and passion that the falconer s displayed. We were greeted and immediately felt at ease in our small group, we met, held and learnt so much about the birds and the falconer s were friendly and approachable. Even though on paper the days experience looks quite expensive it really was worth every penny and we definitely will do the whole day again. Highly recommend this fantastic experience.

Visited May 2013