Parkhouse Motel
US$56
Travelodge
US$112
  • Breakfast included
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$98
White Hart(Andover)
US$63
Gray Manor Hotel(Cholderton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsstayed herefull englishelectric showerplace to stayan ideal baselarge car parkenglish breakfastroom was spotlessfour nightsfamily roombeds were very comfortableon arrivaltea and coffeeperfect stayreception arealovely weekenddouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We arrived at the motel (clue is in the title) at 19.30 after a 2 ½ hour journey. We received a warm however, we were disappointed to find that the hotel did not serve food or drink over the weekend and that breakfast wasn’t served until 8.00 am. This was not stated on their website which boasted a restaurant and fully stocked bar. The hotel helpfully organised a taxi to the “nearest” pub which was 1.5 miles away – for which we were charged £8.00 by the taxi company which seemed a bit steep, not knowing the area we decided to book the same cab back; they were ½ hour late and ripped us off again! Meal in the pub was good but quite expensive. On the positive side the room was clean and quiet and there was loads of parking available (we had a 7.5 tonne race truck – hence the need for a taxi to the pub, as we were racing at Thruxton Circuit). The hotel location was perfect but with no local facilities makes it unsuitable for a future visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wadleyman
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We checked in for an overnight stay and received a warm welcome from Sue. Our room was located separately from the main hotel but it was clean, had fresh clean linen and was perfectly adequate. Despite the Motel being located on a junction and near a main road, noise was minimal and this didn't disturb our sleep. Sue was once again on hand for breakfast which consists of cereal, toast and a Full English. Tea/coffee and juice are also provided so this offered good value. I'm sure we will be back again when we visit family in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank MouseKent
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was looking for a nice clean place to stay, with good food and great hospitality back in 2010. I found this lovely motel and have been coming here since. I work in all of the South West, Wales and Chanel Islands, and stay in different hotels every week, therfore have a good experience of staying in hotels. This is my home from home and I am always keen to return. I have special food requirements due to my faith and was accomodated without hesitation. With every visit they have food ready, even with a choice. I can highly recomend this lovely little place with their friendly and warm atmosphere.

Room Tip: The outside rooms are great, withgreat parking fascilities close to your door.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
9  Thank Jacob T
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at Parkhouse motel, I've stayed at a lot of places in the south of the UK and often seen the trip advisor logo but this place has been the first that has left me compelled to write a review. The place is run by the same family for 30years now, when I arrived i was greeted by Susan, it's the first time in a long while I've been greeted with the phrase "hello young man" which I though was a nice compliment, after checking me in she gave me a tour and explained when I could get food and a drink, once I was settled in I went in their restaurant for dinner, i was greeted by one of the manageress's sons who served me my dinner, I would say if I could criticise anything was that I had to undo the top knotch on my belt afterwards, this hotel is a little gem, I can see why the car park was practically full, the rooms were spacious and the shower was lovely, can't fault this hotel, I only wish I was working down there more often, thank's for a wonderful stay.

Oh and free wifi!

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank MTurner59
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayed there for two nights recent, never again.

Room was cold and I got all sorts of comments about problems with heating this time of year.
It took ages to get to sleep in the hard bed, even after a tiring days work.
On second morning I was five mins late for breakfast and was told it finish at 8.30 and was offered a coffee.
The photograph shown is misleading as the bedrooms are in a separate block off a car park/courtyard.
I paid with cash and was then followed to car park to exchange a note which had corner missing,
pity they were not as fussy about the room and the price of 57.50 for a dump of a place.

Room Tip: find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business