“Amazing Hotel - Great service and tasteful and modern refurbishment!”

The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wilton
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night stay as I was taking my other half to the theatre in Salisbury for a birthday treat.

The hotel exceeded our expectations; the hotel had been refurbished to a high modern standard whilst maintaining the character of the original building. We stayed in Room 1 and loved the decor. The room was very cosy and both the room and en suite bathroom were spotless.

A great selection of tea and coffee facilities with high end products including Tea Pig tea bags and a cafetiere.

We had lunch and breakfast during our stay and both were great. The breakfast was of a high quality and the service was efficient, attentive and friendly.

For the price, it was a bargain. Definitely a luxury hotel but not at luxury prices. A must in a beautiful location! Thank you for making my other half's birthday!

• Stayed: May 2014
Idodavids, Owner at The Pembroke Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2015

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here and that your partner had a great birthday. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is a step above the opposition both in style and service and yet cost so little, I have never had such a great deal anywhere as we enjoyed here. Recently refurbed to a high standard the rooms are simply beautiful and ours had the benefit of air conditioning aswell. The welcome was warm and there is a genuinely friendly atmosphere. On top of all this the food is of a great standard too. Located almost opposite Wilton House and with easy access to Saliabury we are already discussing when we can go back. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Idodavids, Owner at The Pembroke Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

I hope we will see you again, I really do appreciate it when our guests take th time to write a review, thank you.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend for one night recently and really cannot praise the Pembroke Arms highly enough.

Our room, and indeed the whole hotel, was beautifully and lavishly decorated (I think it had recently been refurbished). Our room, while compact, was gorgeous, and gave the impression of staying in a chi-chi boutique hotel rather than a village hotel. It was immaculately clean.

We had dinner included in our package and enjoyed a hearty three course meal in the downstairs bar/restaurant. The staff were friendly and attentive, and not in a 'have to be, because I'm paid to' way. The only complaint we would have is that the portions were so generous that we felt ready to burst afterwards!

We spied a lovely drawing room, complete with fire and decorated to match the Georgian buildings, that felt like something out of a Jane Austen novel.

My boyfriend describes the breakfast as the best he has ever had in a hotel.

Quite simply, this was a rare gem, all the more so because the price tag didn't reflect the calibre of the hotel. A lovely choice for a romantic getaway. Enjoy,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here......... and were not left feeling hungry. I hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Looked for a three night break to celebrate my husbands 65th birthday, and chose this hotel to be close to Salisbury but not in the centre. We weren't disappointed. The hotel is quite quaint with a mix of old/traditional and modern. Ie oldie worldie type furniture with opulent curtains and other fittings together with FREE WiFi iPod docking station and flat screen TV in room. Not just any tea & coffee making facilities, but a small tea pot and herb and ordinary tea bags and ground coffee and a small cafetiere! The bed was very large and very comfortable. The bathroom was large and had everything you need. We had dinner in the dining room on two of the evenings, one a special birthday meal which was really good (my husband asked for blue cheese melted onto his rare steak, which they did without any fuss. They also looked up a recipe for a "whiskey sour" for him as they didn't know how to make one). They told us in the hotel that we would be better going into Salisbury on the 'park & ride' instead of taking in the car.....brilliant idea, brilliant service. There are also other places of interest close by and within easy reach for a day out. All in all we had a wonderful stay, being good value, and would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so pleased that we have help you to have a great birthday treat. Maybe we will see you for the next birthday?!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The good things are the fantastic, blissful bed in nightingale room.Lovely tasteful decorations in nightingale room too. These include highly attractive drawings of nightingales at varied places about the room. These are really nice. A picture of Florence Nightingale is also prominent. We liked that as we are nurses, both of us. Room smallish yet lovely. Clean too.
Breakfast was just about ok. Continental setup, fruit, dairy yogurts, cereal; etc.
Toast needs to be requested, at which you get two to two and a half slices in a toast rack. Three small triangles of butter to go with your toast. Not adequate really. Usually the proprietor will offer more toast. A choice of varied cooked breakfasts is just about adequate. This brings me to a point that I am puzzled about really. Booking via booking.com, they asked any dietary requirements?
We replied with yes, one vegetarian one vegan.
No sign of any of it being taken into account by the proprietor here, it is as though they ignored that. We were able to get by, but really all I could eat was beans with mushrooms, which simply I didnt fancy. There was enough cereal for me I have to say. Again, the two tiny heart shaped marmite sachets were inadequate. In the room itself, on day one we found 2 packets of small biscuits, with 2 biscuits in each.We ate all four biscuits but in subsequent days we got just one pack of two biscuits, not two, which appeared less than generous.
As soon as I switched bedside lamp on, bulb blew. After I reported it the boss said he will look at it. Nothing was done. We had to move a smaller lamp from a table and replace the non functioning lamp. The one that I replaced it with, simply does not match the one at thew other side of the bed. But needs must as it were.
Place is NOT in Salisbury but a good 3 miles away in Wilton. Do not be misled by booking.com telling you it is in Salisbury.

Room Tip: nightingale room is gorgeous
2  Thank travellling1964
Idodavids, Owner at The Pembroke Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Ludicrous.
Not spending time replying to this time consuming nonsense. Get a life

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A return visit and it was good to see that the new operator has continued with the excellent standards.
I tasted an impressive range of local ales in good condition at a fair price, followed by an enjoyable meal served by helpful staff.
The DBB offer is great value. Long may it all last!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is in a beautiful building in a wonderful part of England. It offers exceptional value with slightly quirky charming rooms with a huge bed and lovely bed linen, towels etc. The hotel is warm in very sense with hosts who really show that they want to get it right. Breakfast was lovely and other meals we had were unpretentious but very well cooked and very fairly priced. We have stayed at hotels charging much more and had far less sense of comfort and quality. This is an example of what very hotel should be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton
Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
#7 of 16 in Salisbury
King's Head Inn
King's Head Inn
#4 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to The Pembroke Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!