“Simple food, quick service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Arches Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Simple food, quick service”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I had the chowder to start with which was ok, but not fresh. My main was steak which was perfectly cooked but slightly tough. The value for money was good. The service was great. For a mid week business meal at £25 what more do you need. I would go back if in the area.

Visited June 2014

ireland
“USUAL”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

the usual foods that you get in irish restaurants.
staff are friendly although the chefs made me uneasy as there was foreigners in casual clothing wandering around the back and peeping out.
bit closed in with everyone

• Visited January 2014
Galway Ireland
“Not a nice experience,”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Myself my Husband and our 7 year old daughter said we would go to the Arches Hotel for Sunday Dinner, As it is close by to where we live and we have eaten there a good few times, I know the staff are always so slow, but we said it was handy. We got there at 4.30, We got the menu and ordered food at 4.35pm, I ordered the Pasta Carbonara, My Daughter ordered the Burger and Chips and my Husband ordered the Roast Beef Dinner. There were a lot of people in the place already so I knew it would take some time to get to us, we received the meal at 5.15. We were starving, What I got was pasta it was pasta with tomato sauce, (which I hate) no meat, just thrown together, it was so cold and horrible, I could not eat it, My Daughter got the Burger and chips, the Burger bun was like it was frozen for months it was so hard, My husband received his roast Beef dinner, it was also cold, It was the worst experience, I tried to call the staff to say something, but they seemed too busy to care, I will definitely not be back and neither will my family...

• Visited May 2014
northern ireland
“Lovely break”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband, baby and I are just back from a few nights in Galway. We stayed here on Saturday night and had a lovely time. The room was just what we needed and had great blackout blinds which led to a good nights sleep overall. Room has everything you need. We stayed on a living social offer and it was great value. Dinner was really lovely. For starters we got soup which was gorgeous then my husband got the roast which was yummy and I had the chicken curry, it was delish. Some of the chicken was a bit hard and dry but the rest was lovely, the rice was nice and fluffy and I got a huge portion of chips with it too as it was half and half. We also got a complimentary glass of wine each. Staff couldn't do enough to help us. Our baby had an accident on the bed and it was no problem for them to come and change the sheets and covers. We were not rushed out at all which was great with the baby. The breakfast was a buffet style and tea, coffee and toast were brought out to you. I ordered poached eggs, they were a tad under cooked but I ate what I could. Sausages and bacon were lovely. One of the servers, a tall young fella, was very polite and helpful and a great asset to the business. We will certainly be back again, had a wonderful time.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I visit this hotel every time I'm at my mums in Galway , I really love the place, I think the food is nice I usually have steak, sir fry or even the breakfast Buffett in the morning which is excellent value for money. I think the staff are so lovely and go overboard to help you here , I have never ever had any complaints with there service. I do think the restaurant is in need of re decoration it's looking very tiered and really needs a uplift. It's always busy , you get a lot of the locals popping in for dinner right throughout the day and evening. The ice cream they serve it cheap and watery and for 450 euros it's terrible . However I would return here again and again because I feel comfortable here , it's very friendly and I like the food, not he best by any means I have tasted but nice

• Visited April 2014