Cloonacauneen Castle
Claregalway Hotel(Claregalway)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$132
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway(Claregalway)(Great Value!)
US$79
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$152
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
Orbitz.com
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$113
The Coach House Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$122
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$134
Travelocity
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$144
Hotels.com
US$307
Hotels.com
All reviewswedding venuecivil ceremonylast weekendtop classmarieguestsmary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'm just so disappointed as I really looked forward to time at a real castle , my sister and I will never ever return to this so called hotel managed by the rudest lady I've ever encountered , having travelled all over the world I've never felt the need to review but really I must warn future guests do not expect cleanliness customer care or appreciation of your business as this is the dirtiest coldest and the manageress so obnoxious that we vow never to return. , can I say to the manager please improve or your business will not survive especially with many beautiful hotels nearby

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Francesca112233
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Attended the summer BBQ in June and was so impressed that we booked our sons christening here also.Super place, gorgeous food and we were so well looked after by staff.
We will definitely be back and would recommended to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
Cloonacauneen C, Owner at Cloonacauneen Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review. The BBQ relaunch was a huge success and it was lovely to meet you both. We are really looking forward to welcoming the rest of your family to the castle for your sons christening next month.
In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me further.
Kind Regards,
Clodagh

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner came to the castle 1 evening with no reservation we were greeted at the door very warmly and shown to a table for 2. Moments afterwards a waitress came to our table with a jug of water and 2 menus. She explains everything on the menu was available cooked to order and in any way we would like it. The menu had a great variety and we both chose dishes we knew we would be happy with, we ordered 2 starters to main courses and a bottle of wine which all came very promptly to us. It was a wonderful experience and i would definitely recommend the castle to anyone thinking of going staff were very friendly and prices were very adequate. We will definitely be returning in the near future and look forward to possibly booking a wedding

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi there,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear your positive experience with us and have passed on your review to the staff and chef.
I look forward to hearing from you in reference to your wedding with us next year.
Kind Regards,
Marie

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having stayed in this hotel one year ago I really looked forward to my return trip , my god how disappointed and annoyed I'm feeling on what was a truly horrible experience , the. Owner an elderly blond lady was so rude and obnoxious to my family that I vow to never return , we ordered lunch on Sunday afternoon and had no choice but return our meals which were undercooked , this could have been rectified but the manner in which we were treated has left me feeling very angry and upset , I had complained the bathroom was dirty with no hot water or clean towels but instead of the problem being sorted the owner went into defensive mode and practically called me dirty and untidy , it was with fear I complained about our food and true to form I was given the silent treatment as a young girl dealt with our food complaint , the hotel was not busy which may have caused the blond lady's anger but surely it's not asking too much to treat customers with kindness and care , the castle itself really needs a major facelift as whilst it's an old building that does not excuse the filth and dirt which appeared in all areas , apparently this blond lady and her husband have taken management of the hotel but if this is what greets paying customers then they really ned to change their attitude towards their customers , my family and I will never ever return as lots of well run hotels/restaurants in this area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 19,755
Cloonacauneen C, Owner at Cloonacauneen Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hi there,
We are extremely disappointed to read this review but also a bit confused. We took the castle back in March after a very unsuccessful tenant, who ended up defaulting on over 30 points of the lease, which resulted in the lease being terminated. Since we took over we no longer offer accommodation to guests unless they are part of a wedding or function that is booked into the castle. Therefore we are confused as to where you actually stayed as we have no record of your booking, we have only four rooms in the castle therefore its easy to keep track of the bookings we have. Having said that we would be horrified to hear that you found the place recently dirty and untidy, when we took back the castle the place was very unkept and in disrepair, we have worked tirelessly over the past few months to bring it back up to the very high standard that the castle was in prior to the lease. It took us three months to get the place looking well again and we had a very successful relaunch BBQ party on the 20th June, you can find pictures of the event and the castle on our Facebook page.
I am the owner of Cloonacauneen Castle and am very upset to hear that you found me rude and obnoxious, again Im afraid I have no record of your lunch booking or of the complaint of undercooked food, which we take very seriously. Also staff members would never deal with complaints themselves, all complaints are referred to myself.
You have referred to us as a hotel a few times in your review, we are however not a hotel, we have a total of four bedroom in the castle so this would defiantly not constitute a hotel. It’s funny though as the previous tenant used to refer to the castle as a hotel all the time also.
If you would like to contact me personally so that I can clear up this strange matter as I would hate you to have reviewed the wrong premises or if in fact if this is your thought on Cloonacauneen Castle I would love to invite you for lunch on Sunday where you can experience firsthand the high standard of food we have to offer and also how well kept and clean the castle is in truth. My email is marie@clooncastle.com. I hope to hear from you.
Many Thanks,
Marie

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had my son's christening here a while back and was terribly disappointed with what is meant to be a very special day. Being familiar with the interior I had booked a specific area knowing that there would be lots of space for the kids, however upon arrival to my dismay I found that we were being forced into another (very tight squeeze) dining area. I stipulated that I had been very specific when booking regarding the dining area but it fell on deaf ears. I then went to order wine to find that my wine of choice was out of stock and had to make do with something that was not my preference for the special day that was in it. The food was ok but the continuous "fawlty towers" service experience was just unbelievable. There was never anyone available to deal with a request from the table, once the food was served it was as if their job was done. There was no responsibility taken by either the staff or the owner, the owner I found to be particularly rude and snooty. There is no way on earth that I would be dragged back to this venue for any occasion. Best advice would be to stay well away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family