“breakfast review”

The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I dont stay in this hotel as I am local to the area but regularly go for their breakfast which is undoubtedly the best for miles around.
For just 5 euro, you can get an all you can eat breakfast that is very tasty, hot, freshly made and delicious, with loads of rounds of toast & brown bread available with a nice pot of tea.
Furthermore the staff are more than friendly & helpful and make you feel so at home. A special word of thanks to Tina and Mandy who serve everyone with a smile.
My colleagues and I from work go there once a week and I also bring visitors there whenever they stay over with me. You could not prepare such a delicious breakfast for that money.
Pat Duignam.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pat D

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The manager was very friendly and really impressed me over the evening I stayed. The food was brilliant and the room was very clean and comfortable. The only issue would be the TV which as someone else commented on was small. As a business traveler I would like to see a trouser press in the room but I'm now getting picky.I would have no hessitation in recomending this hotel. I look forward to staying there on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ColinHutch
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed in The Arches Hotel, Claregalway with other members of our family. We all agreed that it ticked all the boxes. The staff were fantastic, so friendly, they couldn't do enough for us. We were having a drink and they offered us a snack. Breakfast was excellent. This hotel is spotless and we would have no hesitation in staying again or recommending it. One tip as it is on a busy road suggest you try for a room to the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ahane
Reviewed 16 August 2011

we booked in for 3 nights, then booked a 4th night and were still sad to leave. the hotel and room were really nice, the staff were very friendly and helpfull, good craic in the bar and the food was savage!! a good location close to galway city and free parking with security cameras.. we had a great stay and will definatly come back to the arches!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

we really enjoyed our stay! not a ting to fault about this hotel... we booked our stay for 3 nights but ended up booking an extra night because we loved it!
the food was lovely and great value.
the staff were friendly and 1 of the barstaff Tina kindly offered us a lift to galway city. We would defintly go back again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Friendly manager grreted us on arrival..we didnt pay until after our stay and after our breakfast...no room noise,loads of parking..
downsides,small tv and no iron.
good value and nice food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed here with 4 old college friends to celebrate a milestone birthday. The hotel sent us a lovely, complimentry cake and couldn't have been more helpful. When we enquired how to go about getting into Galway city, one of the staff went away and organised a taxi for us and arranged for a morning call to make sure we didn't miss an organised trip the following morning, all without having to be asked. EVeryone from the bar staff through to the cleaning staff were helpful and cheerful and we had a great time. The rooms were spotless and lovely and bright and it turned out to be a great base for experiencing Galway. The food was very good and breakfast was served til 12 which made a big difference to us, lol. All in all, a lovely place that I'd be happy to recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the busy N17 so if road noise bothers you ask for a room to the rear of the hotel ov...