“Good and bad points but pleasant overall.”
Review of Claregalway Hotel

Claregalway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
Dublin, Ireland
“Good and bad points but pleasant overall.”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed with quite a large group in the Claregalway Hotel.
The bar area was nice with a good atmosphere and the reception was bright and airy (the fairy lights at night are a lovely touch!).
Rooms were spacious and clean although without exception (and I was in about 5 rooms), the carpets were dirty and stained. Bathrooms are a little on the small side but have plenty of counter space which is great.
We had a number of activities planned which took place in the hotel and we would have no complaints. Finger food on the Friday night, dinner on the Saturday and our cocktail making class were all excellent. We had Stephen looking after us pretty much all weekend and he was amazing. Cound not do enough for us and we would have only the highest praise for him.
Breakfast was a little disappointing but edible.
The only real negative comment was that it had rained overnight on Saturday and on Sunday morning the tiled steps at the front of the hotel were wet and very very slippy. My friend fell and hurt herself quite badly (and was wearing trainers) and before the staff member on duty administered first aid to my friend she asked were all the bills paid. So my friend sat in the lobby with her arm bruised and bleeding and the biggest priority was to make sure you got paid. I also had to ask the staff member to fill in an accident report and put a caution sign outside.

Room Tip: Even if you smoke, do not go for a smoking room, they are disgusting! Just go outside to smoke. 2 sm...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
obcg, General Manager at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your constructive feedback, we are delighted for the most part you enjoyed your stay. We are currently investigating into the reason why your friend slipped and I have asked my mangers to download video footage of said incident. I do apologise that your overall well being was not the prime focus of our manger but I will take measures to ensure that they are trained in how to deal with such incidents.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment on trip advisor, we appreciate all feedback in our strive for continuous improvement.
Hopefully we will see you all back here again soon.

Kind Regards;
Paul Gill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed 8 February 2012

stayed just one night (passing tro to Donegal) excellent and friendly staff and good food and great value.Terrific heat in Hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear IrmaClifford,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on our continuous improvement and delighted that you had an "excellent" and "great value" stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Paul
ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I went on a painting holiday to The Claregalway Hotel and couldn't believe how well we were treated .The staff were exceptional Food was great we just had a fantastic week and I will be going back and would recommend this hotel to any one going to Galway .Michael Hanrahan was also fantastic .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I have been asked by a group of people who recently attended a 5 night art break in the Claregalway hotel with Michael Hanrahan. We found the experience terrific. The hotel gave us a great deal and the classes were great. The rooms and meals were brilliant and in particular the staff went out of their way to look after our every need. Well worth visiting.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Hello Simone C,

I constructed the Pigsback.com Mega Deal for the Claregalway which you recently used.

We work with the Claregalway Hotel because it is a qualty hotel with very high standards.

We do assume responsibility for the incorrect price of €209 which was featured on your voucher and I apologise for any inconvenience experienced as a result of this.

Conor Devine
cdevine@pigsback.com

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Tipperary
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Words like SUPERIOR, VIP WERE USED WHEN I PURCHASED 2 VOUCHERS FOR THE VALUE OF 209 EURO'S EACH. I PURCHASED THESE AT CHRISTMAS FOR MY FAMILY MEMBERS FOR A GIFT, SO WE COULD USE THEM TO CELEBRATE OUR SISTERS BIRTHDAY. When i went to reserve our dinner time, i was told that there had been a misprint on these vouchers and the actual value was only 140 euro's each......... this misprint was not made by me, and i purchased these voucher's because of the so called saving's of 130euro per voucher.... we did not recieve even a complimentary glass of wine because of this misprint..?????????..... has anyone reading this been in the same situation, it is very misleading and ruined or family celebration. Previously to all this i did phone with the value redemption code and did tell reception the value of the voucher then..... Can someone please make sense of this. Another matter... my sister stayed the previous night and had told reception we would be early arrivals due to the fact that there had been another mishap with our spa treatments booking( while i was trying to prebook my treatments i was told the girl was on holidays and i would have to book else were for all that kind of stuff... those were the actual words) leona phoned me on thursday the actual girl who did our treatment was a lovely professional girl who did her job well, she had to book us in for 12 0 clock onwards for our appointments so we would have to arrive earlier, my sister was told early arrival absouately fine... 2 of us got into our room at 1.45 the other 2 of us got into or room at 3.35...........So from there i thought things would get better... they did not. Very wrong the whole voucher sutuation and i hope no one else will get caught out like we did. Superior.... VIP are words i certainly would not choose for my experience in The Clare galway Hotel.

My sister paid 80 euro,s for 2 guests bed and breakfast for 1 night, she got a room with a balcony. We used our vouchers and got ordinary twin room... Superior room.... absouately not.

Room Tip: Make sure you double check what you asked for and what you recieved.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank simone C
Bailieborough, Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 15 January 2012

we got this deal from grabone.ie. we had a 1 night stay for €65, this included dinner and breakfast for 2. also we had use of pool gym etc. would highly recommend hotel,staff lovely and food really nice there was a good choice on menu. Would visit agian.

Room Tip: pick room away from bar as band very loud
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
#21 of 46 in Galway
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway

Been to Claregalway Hotel? Share your experiences!