“So Good we are going Back.”
Review of Claregalway Hotel

Claregalway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Claregalway
Reviewed 4 July 2010

What a fantastic hotel experience from beging to end. The hotel was impeciably clean. The room was just fantastic, A family room which was huge, which could possibly sleep 5 comfortably and still enough space for our children to move aroung as they do!!!. The staff were so..... helpful and friendly it was refreshing and nothing was a problem. We ate in the bar the first night of our very good value two night break and the food was fab and the girl serving our table ( Aishling F) should be very pround and is an assett to any establishment she was friendly helpful and interative with adults and children alike and yet not intrusive ( a treasure) Michelle ( manager on duty) was equally outstanding, as were all they staff we encountered but cannt remember their names (sorry) . The pool area and facilites were lovely, very clean and staff equally friendly and helpful. Only disadvantage in my opinion is you really do need a car to enjoy the wonderful sights of Galway, having said that Salthill is approx a 15 minute drive. Going back in August and taking some extended family really looking forward to it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Claregalway Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2010

I spent the whole morning and lunch time in the hotel's cafe bar. Not only the food was poor quality. After lunch I had a cup of coffee and then took a sip of water from the bottle I had in my bag. Because of that, the restaurant's manager sitting by the bar asked me aloud to leave the bar (despite of the other guests around) being very rude.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
obcg, Owner at Claregalway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Dear Lili47,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor we at the Claregalway hotel love to hear feedback from all our guests. We have reviewed CCTV footage from your visit as we were quite aware of your presence in the hotel that day.

I would suggest that what you have described is a mallious and untrue reflection of your experience with the hotel.

I would like to point out you were actually not asked to leave the hotel only to remove the plastic bottle of mineral water, which your drank out of on a number of occasions, from the table, which you kindly did.

We asked you if you would like to purchase a coffee which you did after a few moments. There were no customers in the area when the Manager spoke to you. I notice from our records that you also used the hotels WiFi service during your visit which is complimentary service to all our paying patrons.

We take great pride in our customer service and the product we offer. It is our policy, which is clearly on display that food and beverage products must purchased on the premises to be consumed in the bar areas.
As all reviewers will see that your experience goes against our service history and we take great pride in all our customer relations.

If we have offended you in any way we do apologise as this was not our intention.

Le gach dea ghui,

Paul

Reviewed 4 June 2010

stayed here with myhustand and 11 year old -have stayed before when we attended a wedding in December with many family members, and as we have family all over Ireland, decided to use this as a place to stay whilst visiting. Room was huge, very clean and didnt hear anything at all during our stay so prrof of how far away our neighbours where. The meals were fantastic, probably one of the best dining expereinces we have had, and as we have travelled far this is truly a compliment. The staff could not do enough for you, everyone was so polite and welcoming, you must wanted to book your next holiday there. Eachmoring we had a swim, which had many other facilities, so it was more than enoujgh for our 11 year old. There was entertainment in the bar in theevening and the hotel was not too far out for us to go into town one evening and not feel overcharged from our taxi fair. If anyone is looking for a good all round hotel, that provides fantiastic food, service, accomodation etc then lkook no further, this is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at -would we visit again - hell yes hopefully at least once a year - dont change the recipe Claregalway you are on a winner!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Stayed in hotel for a family wedding. Had never been there before and both my husband and I were extremely impressed. Wedding was fabulous in every way. Would highly recomend hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I used to stay at this hotel when traveling with work, I liked it so much I used to plan my travel so that I could stay there every week.
The staff are amazing, after about 3 visits they knew me by first name and knew what exactly my preference's were.
I remember arriving 1 day and The receptionist knew that I used to order the fish, she had the menu ready for me and got it sent up to my room asap.
It was like a home from home, the rooms were always clean and very spacious.
Great location, just 5 min drive from Galway city.
Food was great and the service in all areas of the hotel was excellent.
I do not travel for work now but will definitely stay in this hotel at any chance I get

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I stayed at the claregalway hotel fri nite the 26th of March.. On arrival receptionist was so helpful. Easy quick check in recommened the bar for a bite to eat . Room was spacious, modern and very comfy. I was at a wedding bar staff in bar were very pleasant also in the reception room very keen to serve , great prices compared to other hotel. Breakfast the next day was delicious . Over all I would rate the hotel 6/5 for doing everyting they could for their guest . The hotel is beautiful furnished to the highest standards would reccomend it to anyone with a speical occcasion or just a get away... Will definately go back again.. Thanks so much for everything....

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Having just spent two nights at the Claregalway Hotel I cannot praise the hotel or the staff enough. On arrival we we asked to change our room due to the smell of the previous occupants cigarette smoke. (Not the hotels fault, they cannot police this!) The room was changed immediately to a corner room. Comfortable, clean, warm. We ate in the evening and had breakfast both mornings. Excellent!! Best poached eggs ever. Fantastic steak too. All staff but particularly the reception staff were helpful and polite. Even on checking out we had a problem with our credit card. Regina even offered us use of the phone to try and sort out this problem. What other hotel in this day and age does that out of courteousy.
Free wi fi in the rooms a bonus too and a nice spa area. Couldnt ask for any more!!
We will certainly stay again as we have family in the area and would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claregalway
The Arches Hotel, Claregalway
#20 of 46 in Galway
Nox Hotel
Nox Hotel
#9 of 46 in Galway

Been to Claregalway Hotel? Share your experiences!