“Second visit and it was lush”
Review of The Bulls Head

The Bulls Head
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Earlswood
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the idyllic rural setting of Earlswood, Solihull, the Bull's Head is a historic country pub that offers the finest locally sourced food and award winning cask ales from Daniel Thwaites. As with any traditional country pub, we are passionate about offering simple, honest, home-cooked food made from the best local produce. Our head chef Mark works closely with local suppliers to provide you with a menu that is seasonal and great value for money. Our menu changes frequently so there is always something new to try!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Second visit and it was lush”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My friend and I decided to pop to The Bulls Head for Sunday lunch and I'm so glad we did - it was lush.

We arrived just after 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and feared not gaining a table as we hadn't booked, however, there were a few tables free and as it was such lovely weather there was lots of people sitting/eating outside.

My friend and I both decided to go for Sunday lunch options, I chose Gammon and my friend chose Lamb. We were given some tomato and herb popcorn to nibble on before our meals were delivered but within about 5 minutes a lady came to explain and apologise as the Chef had cut into the lamb and felt that it was too fatty to serve and asked my friend to chose something else.

They were very apologetic and I hold them in high regard for their honesty as they could have just tried to serve the lamb knowing that not everyone will complain and/or send it back.

We both went for the Gammon and oh boy I'm glad we did - it was scrumptious. Cooked fabulously, a very light sweet taste from the glaze and it wasn't too salty. It was served along with roasted potatoes, braised cabbage, a huge yorkshire pudding and we also had our own small pots of gravy.

The vegetables were served separately and if I'm really honest I think I could have eaten all the vegetables to myself - yes I'm being greedy but they were lovely.

We shared lemon polenta cake for pudding and it was a-ma-zing... i love love love lemon polenta cake and this was a good one (not that I'm an expert I just love cake - any cake!)... the onnnlllyyyy thing was that the edge was a little over cooked but I'm only moaning as I couldn't eat that bit!

The service was great, quick, efficient and friendly - what more could we ask for?

By the time we were leaving (to sit outside in the sun) the Restaurant was virtually full and most of the seats outside had been taken.

I'd recommend booking on a Sunday and I be surprised if you are disappointed. I loved it and would definitely recommend it. I will be returning!

Many thanks to you all at The Bulls Head.

• Visited May 2014

Solihull
“Decent food, good service”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stopped for an impromptu Bank Holiday snack, after a walk with our dogs. The outside area was busy, without being crowded and after asking for menus, we were served quickly by a friendly, polite waitress. The food was good, (we had a hanging kebab and a pizza) if a little expensive for what you get, and they did forget a side order of chips, but were very apologetic when we pointed this out. Food and drinks came quickly, which was good for a busy bank holiday afternoon. Plenty of room around the beer garden tables so that we didn't feel crowded. Only had soft drinks, so can't comment on the beer! Inside looked comfy and inviting and the toilets were clean. We'll definitely add this place to our list of welcoming places to visit after long walks in the country.

• Visited May 2014
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Comfy Sofa ”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Waited here for a few hours while my car was being repaired nearby. Very pleasant environment, comfy sofa and delicious cappuccinos while I read the paper and did the crossword. No pressure from staff to order more or move on. Only let down by lack of nibbles behind the bar (no crisps or nuts, let alone anything more exotic) and a dirty table to which my paper kept sticking.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dirty tables”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

just been for a drink and the tables were full of empty glasses on 1 occasion counted 65 on 4 empty tables.

• Visited April 2014
“Terrible food! Good staff & atmosphere for just a drink!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Great place for a drink. Lovely decor, lovely surroundings. We have been here a few times for a drink & had a great time. Decided to try the menu, what a pile of rubbish! If you do book a table on a Saturday night, don't think you'll be able to get there a little earlier and have a drink first (if you want a seat) the place was heaving and there was little standing room, let alone seating. It was 3 deep at the bar and took us nearly half an hour to get our first drink on arrival. This would be easily solved with more chairs & indeed more than 2 bar staff......(they did their best) so obviously by the time we sat down to eat we were just grateful to have a seat & indeed a bit of room. I ordered the cod starter (fishfingers & rocket smothered in olive oil!) my husband had the squid (cold! & rocket again that had too much olive oil downed) kebab for main, which I was so embarrassed when I couldn't even chew it & the tsatsiki dip was so watered down-I've never tasted anything like it! I never write reviews and have eaten at many places. I really felt the need to write this. It seems to me this place really has the opportunity to be fantastic. The food needs a lot of work. It was disgusting!

• Visited April 2014