“Rude staff and a long wait for poor quality food”
Review of The Bulls Head

The Bulls Head
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Earlswood
Price range: US$12 - US$39
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the idyllic rural setting of Earlswood, Solihull, the Bull's Head is a historic country pub that offers the finest locally sourced food and award winning cask ales from Daniel Thwaites. As with any traditional country pub, we are passionate about offering simple, honest, home-cooked food made from the best local produce. Our head chef Mark works closely with local suppliers to provide you with a menu that is seasonal and great value for money. Our menu changes frequently so there is always something new to try!
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Rude staff and a long wait for poor quality food”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited the Bulls Head 2 weeks ago. We walked up to the bar and were not able to order a drink due to the waiter not understanding the simple rule of who was at the bar first got served! After a few words I walked away in total disgust.
My wife had spoken to the restaurant manager and we were sat down at a table that was positioned in the main thoroughfare between the restaurant and the toilet, we should have just got up and left. The main course arrived and the meat skewer was dry and tasteless, the steak was overcooked and the chips cold. £35 later and a very poor experience. We wont be going back. Stick to the Red Lion it does what is says on the tin!

4 Thank BaggieBish

Earlswood, United Kingdom
“Nearly there”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is usually good for bar food and Sunday lunch, some other items not so good. They are sometimes a little short staffed. Worth a visit, lovely decor and newly fitted out.

1 Thank Marie N
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visit on Sunday 11th May”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 6pm Sunday 11 May! I'm afraid I was extremely disappointed with the food. Starter was pea and mint soup which looked like the duck egg blue dulux I have on my walls it was watery and curdled and tasted of nothing the main I had gnocchi swimming in too much tasteless oily sauce and dessert was a lemon cake with a few drops of lemon juice by it's side and a splat of creme fresh it was overcooked underneath and round the sides and was not presented attractively! I really am surprised as I know this place has had a major refurb. The price for both meals we had were extremely high for the quality of the meal.

1 Thank Jennifer A
solihull
“A Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have eaten here many times recently (last time being Sunday Lunch) First of all, its in a wonderful countryside location (but not too far from civilisation) Lovely outside area for drinking and eating. Inside, beautifully decorated, with large bustling bar area on weekends, with varied choice of drinks. Very friendly and knowledgable bar staff. The restaurant area is large, but cosy with lots of nooks and crannies. The food is very good. We both had Roast Beef which was very well cooked and tasty, and in good portions. Have had steaks here on previous visits which were exceptionally good. Cant speak more highly of this recently renovated business. Its a credit to Darren and all of his team. Well done, and whilst it continues, will be happy to be a regular!!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Second visit and it was lush”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My friend and I decided to pop to The Bulls Head for Sunday lunch and I'm so glad we did - it was lush.

We arrived just after 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and feared not gaining a table as we hadn't booked, however, there were a few tables free and as it was such lovely weather there was lots of people sitting/eating outside.

My friend and I both decided to go for Sunday lunch options, I chose Gammon and my friend chose Lamb. We were given some tomato and herb popcorn to nibble on before our meals were delivered but within about 5 minutes a lady came to explain and apologise as the Chef had cut into the lamb and felt that it was too fatty to serve and asked my friend to chose something else.

They were very apologetic and I hold them in high regard for their honesty as they could have just tried to serve the lamb knowing that not everyone will complain and/or send it back.

We both went for the Gammon and oh boy I'm glad we did - it was scrumptious. Cooked fabulously, a very light sweet taste from the glaze and it wasn't too salty. It was served along with roasted potatoes, braised cabbage, a huge yorkshire pudding and we also had our own small pots of gravy.

The vegetables were served separately and if I'm really honest I think I could have eaten all the vegetables to myself - yes I'm being greedy but they were lovely.

We shared lemon polenta cake for pudding and it was a-ma-zing... i love love love lemon polenta cake and this was a good one (not that I'm an expert I just love cake - any cake!)... the onnnlllyyyy thing was that the edge was a little over cooked but I'm only moaning as I couldn't eat that bit!

The service was great, quick, efficient and friendly - what more could we ask for?

By the time we were leaving (to sit outside in the sun) the Restaurant was virtually full and most of the seats outside had been taken.

I'd recommend booking on a Sunday and I be surprised if you are disappointed. I loved it and would definitely recommend it. I will be returning!

Many thanks to you all at The Bulls Head.