“Good food and friendly service”
Review of The Elms

The Elms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abberley
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Good food and friendly service”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had been taking my daugher to weekly swimming lessons at The Elms' spa and thought how nice the restaurant/cafe looked. So one week I decided to meet a friend there for lunch.
We had a lovely afternoon. It was very child-friendly, with a relaxing atmosphere. We both had a two-course lunch option, consisting of a salmon ceasar salad and Eton mess for pudding, both of which were very tasty. The service from our waiter, Dave, was very friendly and prompt.
All in all a very nice afternoon and one to be repeated!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sally J
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear SallyJ

Thank you for your review of the Elms, I am very happy that you spent a pleasurable afternoon here with your friend. We would be happy to welcome you back any time to repeat the experience.

Hayley and the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at this beautiful hotel for a 2 night New Year Break, we went with 2 other couples and our 6 fun filled children aged 5 to 10. We were very happy with our rooms and the food was generally good. Having holidayed here before we were comfortable that our children could have a good time, be independent and be given the opportunity to meet other like minded kids. The NYE gala dinner was set in the beautiful Brooke's restaurant, the food was good however we preferred the New Years Day menu. The staff were not as attentive as we would have liked during dinner service, they were very nice but over stretched. Having said that Tiago was very accommodating. Thank you! Our children had a wonderful new year, it was lovely that they were able to join in with the celebrations. We are hoping to visit another hotel in this chain this summer and will be back to The Elms.

Dear Jane665

Thank you for reviewing your New Year stay. I take on board your comments regarding the dining experience , I agree we were a little stretched and I would be looking to see what we can improve for next year to ensure a smoother service. I am glad that the evening was still very enjoyable and I know Tiago will be pleased to be mentioned for his service that night.

Hayley and the team.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed between Christmas and New Year and had an excellent stay. We stayed in the Black Worcester room which was superb with a lovely view across the countryside beyond the hotel. The breakfasts and dinners were very good and the Swimming Pool/Spa area is well maintained and clean. Our children enjoyed the Bear's Den sessions allowing us to kick back for a couple of hours each day. Overall very happy with our choice of hotel and I would recommend it. We will be returning in 2014!!

The only minor gripe is the Children's High Tea. We think they need to have a re-think on this in terms of value for money/ quality/ quantity and choice of menu being appropriate for typical 2-8 year olds - perhaps better chicken goujons than sliced medium rare roast beef!??

Room Tip: Black Worcester room was very spacious in main hotel with nice views.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed at The Elms from Mon 30th December til today. My husband and I took our 2 small children (aged 3 and 22 months) for a New Year break. We had previously stayed at The Ickworth Hotel from the same company and the children's club and spa appealed after a chaotic Christmas.
We booked the New Year package which was pricey at around £800 for a 2 night stay but we wanted to treat ourselves and the little ones to something special and we weren't disappointed. The hotel was beautifully trimmed for Christmas and very cosy and welcoming despite the awful weather outside. We stayed in a coach house room which was cramped to be honest as we had a cot, a z-bed and the dog staying with us. It was also really hot and we had to turn the radiator off whilst we were in the room as it was boiling and we were all getting irritable with the heat and lack of space. The room had everything we needed and was nicely decorated and very clean.
The staff were very helpful and friendly especially when we were stressing about getting to the adults only gala NYE dinner and the children wouldn't settle. Hayley, I believe the lady's name was, listened in to the baby monitor regularly for us and our meal was held back for half an hour to give us more time to settle the little ones. The baby listening system is great. As is The Bears Den kids club. The nursery staff were fantastic and my kids loved going for their 2 hours in the morning. We took advantage of the child care and visited the spa where I had a lovely massage and a facial.
My only negatives would be:
1. The menu - fine seeing as we were only there 2 days but I'd be wanting more variety if there any longer. I couldn't fault the food quality, what I had was nice but a bit more choice wouldn't have gone a miss.
2. It's a relaxing laid back venue and there's toys and activities everywhere for the kids - the Elf Hunt in the grounds was fab, movie nights, toy corners dotted around etc.. Because of this, I felt some parents just let their kids run wild while they sat happily in the bar. I suppose you get that everywhere but at £400 per night we try to keep our children's behaviour in check for the sake of the other guests.
I'm planning on a Summer break at another hotel in the chain, possibly in Devon later in the year.
Big thanks to all the staff who work so hard to offer a great service.

Oh yes and before I forget, the band on NYE in the bar were awesome. Loved it!

Cambridge
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic Christmas stay at The Elms, we went with my son and daughter in law and 2 small children and we all had a wonderful time.the staff are very friendly and helpful, the food we couldn't fault and our rooms were very comfortable.I cannot thank Hayley and her team enough.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I came to the Elms for a short break earlier in the year. The hotel and spa is in a beautiful, ideal setting with many lovely walks around. The spa itself is a calming place to be. We had a wonderful time at the hotel, the style is not overly modern and right up our street! We experienced some wonderful food which was topped off with great service by our waiter, Dave.

All in all, I would definitely recommend a visit here, either as a couple or with family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

This is the first review I have written on here after being asked to do so. My niece brought us for a pamper day at the spa and it was wonderful from the start. The pool was beautifully clean and empty if a little warm, the jacuzzi was well received by us all (my favourite) and the the relaxation room was... relaxing. My voucher entitled me to a lovely massage by Lucy that I did not want to end, simply marvelous. Our service throughout the day by Dave was also superb and after chatting at the end and letting him know what a lovely day we had he asked us if we would mind writing a review, which it was my pleasure to do so. I will most certainly return to this spa and return the favor to my niece.

Stayed December 2013
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Sammilssc

Thank you for taking the time to review your day at the Elms, bless Dave for being so persuasive!. I'm so pleased that you had a lovely time. I will certainly pass your kind comments on to the staff.

Hayley and the Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abberley
Bank House Hotel, Spa & Golf, BW Premier Collection
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett
Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa
Hogarths Stone Manor

Been to The Elms? Share your experiences!