“excellent”

The Elms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abberley
“excellent”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have just returned from a one night stay at this hotel. The hotel was beautiful, our room was great, big and spotlessly clean. We couldn't fault the restaurant. The food was first class and the staff very attentive. The spa facilities were very good. All in all we had a fantastic stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Sarah
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable stay and I do hope we get to see you again soon.

Hayley and the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have just had a 2 night stay at this hotel. There had been an initial problem with the booking when our details had not been taken via the telephone. However on arrival we had been upgraded due to all the issues. Our room was lovely.... very comfortable bed, nice bedding & towels . Although the lighting wasnt very good with a very fiddly lamp switch & a draft excluder around door would help. However....nothing spoilt our stay. The hotel itself had a lovely friendly atmosphere with the lounges with their big settes...! Breakfast was very enjoyable with a very flexible menu choice. Dinner menu wasnt a huge choice but the dishes over the 2 nights were very good. And our afternoon tea with the homemade scones was excellent! All the staff we met in all areas of service were freindly, attentive & went the extra mile to accomodate us with anything. Overall a really enjoyable stay....we look forward to returning!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear LorraineA
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so glad we were able to sort the initial booking problems out and that you had a great stay. I sincerely do hope we see you again soon!

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a great night at the Elms. The website looked very good and the hotel lived up to the site. Very friendly staff and very family friendly, lots for kids to do.
The facilities were very nice, particularly the pool, spa and cafe. The main house was period but not dated at all, it had a lovely feeling.
We will visit again as soon as we get a chance im sure!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear SimonD

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay I will share you kind words with the team.

Thanks again and I hope we see you all again soon

Hayley and the team.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for a night with our two young children, and we had a great time. The hotel had a very relaxed feel about it, and there were plenty of families with similar aged children all happily playing in the lounge areas.
We ate in the hotel and the evening meal was excellent and of a high standard.
The facilities were very good and the service was excellent, nothing was too much for ask for from the front desk. On arriving home we realised that we had left one of our childrens bed time bears at the hotel. The hotel were great in posting it back to us with a lovely note included saying that the bear had enjoyed his extended stay, which summed up there understanding of young children and families. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear FFamily
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was so pleased to read you nice comments and glad that you had a great time, including Teddy who's schedule allowed him to get in a couple of extra days! I'm glad he is now home safely.
I do hope we can welcome you all back in the near future.

Best regards
Hayley and the team
worcester
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to afternoon tea something we have only generally done in the summer we had heard how lovely the Elms Hotel was so we thought would give it try. We were greeted by Barry with his first class customer service and made to feel very welcome we sat by a real fire which added to the cosy atmosphere. The afternoon tea was top class with a wonderful choice of sandwiches and cakes, excellent value for money.

As the hotel caters for families we will definitely be returning with our family and Grandson in the summer, I can imagine my Grandson running around the grass with Grandad chasing him.

There is also the spa facilities ... that will be another review!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Bo55man
Thank you for reviewing your afternoon tea visit with us. Yes the log fires are a real delight in this weather!. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the experience and I will pass on your kind comments to Barry.

I do hope we see you here again soon.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here with our 2 boys. We were a little nervous as we weren't sure how 'family friendly' it was actually going to be. We were not disappointed in the slightest. The staff were excellent with both adults and children and were not invasive and there was definitely something to keep us all happy (bar, spa, toys, DVD's, grounds and playground to play in, hidden teddy bears and badgers to find). The hotel and surroundings are beautiful and the décor is in keeping with the age of the hotel. Our room still managed to feel luxurious even though it was family friendly. The roaring fires were a delight. A good selection at breakfast - plenty of choice on the buffet if you didn't want cooked. Food in the evening was of an excellent standard for both young and older!. We will definitely be back again and have even discussed gathering the family here at Christmas time as it would be idyllic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lou176

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we were able to deliver exactly what was needed for your family break. I do hope we get to welcome you back in the near future. Christmas is idyllic here!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my baby daughter and mum and from the first contact with reception received excellent service. Our rooms were lovely and when I asked for additional items they were provided immediately. The pool and spa were lovely and there was plenty of space to relax by the fire. The only slight downside was the dinner service one night, it was very slow and that was a problem when dining with a baby. The food itself was very good and breakfast offered a good choice. The vast majority of the staff were superb so it was a shame that the two staff on the night in question let the side down. I would definitely return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear KDB
Thanks you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that it seems a couple of staff have let down the committed efforts of the others. I will discuss your feedback Barry my F&B Manager. We have just undertaken an afternoon of training for the team to agree some consistent service standards and I do believe that the team want to always give a great service.
I am please that there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed and I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to The Elms in the near future.

Kind Regards
Hayley Kirton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abberley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Malvern Wells
Brockencote Hall Hotel
Brockencote Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chaddesley Corbett

Been to The Elms? Share your experiences!