“A great break”
Review of The Elms

The Elms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abberley
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here with our 2 year old daughter, and we all had a very relaxing and enjoyable time.
Our daughter loved the creche, its great staff, and the other facilities provided for little ones. The hotel staff were all really nice and extremely helpful. Its located in beautiful part of the country.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello RegE

Thank you for your review. It was great to read that you made the most of the facilities that we have for little ones. I will pass your comments on to Jane and her team in the den, the staff are always pleased to get a mention.

Best Regards and I hope we get to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went into the spa only with 2 work colleagues/friends, all of us said how lovely the day was. Staff were a pleasure and extremely helpful. Located in beautiful area. All in all very relaxing, fantastic day had by all. Will definitely return and would recommend to all!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robyn M

Dear RobynM

Thank you for taking time to review your Spa day, I'm pleased that your group had such a nice time and were able to relax and enjoy the facilities and the setting. We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have just spent a delightful couple of days at this property, taking advantage of a very good rate which was offered on one of the special break websites. Not knowing what to expect I was very pleasantly surprised indeed. This lovely building is set in beautiful countryside and has pretty gardens and a croquet lawn. It was a nice touch to be met on arrival by Fern who greeted us and explained all about the hotel.. We spent most of the time in the pool and particularly liked the outdoor hydrotherapy pool which was great fun and just the right temperature. Another nice touch was the fact that we were upgraded to a large spacious room as the hotel was not full. The scones we had for afternoon tea were some of the best I have tasted and dinner was also very good. The staff are very attentive and also knowledgeable about the menu and the property itself. Not once did I hear " I will just go and ask". The menu choice at breakfast is very large and serves everything from haddock to Belgian waffles. I was very impressed by that range of choice. Yet another nice touch is the little information sheet which someone puts together and which appears every day. These things are not vital but they add so much to your visit and show that time and trouble has gone into making your visit that bit more special. So well done all round. A really relaxed lovely stay with great staff, good food and a large comfortable bed. Very good value. Keep it up!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alysonclare

Dear Alysonclare

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks you for writing a review. I know Fern was pleased that she made a good impression upon your arrival. I will pass your comments on to the team and I hope we will see you here again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I went to The Elms for a two night stay last week. What a superb hotel! I would echo what other reviewers have said; I know of no other luxury hotel where the atmosphere is quite so welcoming, friendly or relaxed. Our room, King Charles, was full of character, luxuriously-appointed, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. As well as recommending the excellent food, pool, hot tub, sauna, lounges and other indoor facilities, the glorious gardens deserve very special mention. I would wholeheartedly recommend The Elms as a destination for an indulgent cream tea, gourmet dining and as a truly lovely short-break destination, perfect as for a base from which to discover a relatively unknown corner of England, with the timeless market town of Tenbury Wells and ruins of the once-palatial Witley Court nearby. Seeing the Perseus and Andromeda fountain restored to working order was a long-held ambition fulfilled!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole P

Dear CaroleP
Thank you for taking the time to write such comprehensive review and for updating us on the renovations at Witley court, we are so lucky to be only a stone's throw from such a wonderful place. I am so glad that the hotel's atmosphere and facilities exceeded your expectations.
I do hope we get to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

First class hotel. Sometime small boutique hotels can be intimidating for families with small children- not here. Very tolerant and welcoming attitude from all staff. Great grounds for exploring and the kids club was first class- only small gripe was that it could have offered longer hours or perhaps an after dinner club for parents to eat. Rooms were spotless. Our first visit here and will definitely return and we hope to visit the other properties in the chain. It was busy but never felt crowded- a real find.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear davidyule

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay. I am so pleased that you had a great time. In regard to the pyjama club, it was something we ran a couple of times a week in August last year and it will happen again this year however based upon you feedback it's probably something we could do at every holiday. Thank you for mentioning it great constructive feedback , I will raise it with the den team ready for May half term!

I do hope we get to welcome you back to the Elms in the near future.

Hayley and the Team

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband surprised me for my birthday for the weekend & booked us in for a dinner, bed & breakfast here. Our room was lovely, the meal in the hotel was fab & we generally had a great stay here. The staff were really helpful & friendly & I would recommend for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Wini544

What a lovely husband you have and how nice for us that you loved it and reviewed us. Many thanks for taking the time and I do hope we see you here again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Although this is a Luxury family hotel, we went as a couple and had no complaints at all. Good size bedroon (Pearmain, standard double) and spotlessly clean bathroom, shower was excellent and plenty of hot water and a good pressure (which can be a problem in older houses) All the staff really friendly, Lovely outside spaces, comfy lounge, and nice outside/inside jacuzzi and good size pool. Will be back again :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TheGarageMan

Thank you for a lovely review of your recent stay. I'm glad that as a couple you were not put off my the family friendly ethos that we have and that it did not impact on your stay. We do aim to be a place that couples as well as families can enjoy.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Hayley Kirton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abberley
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Callow End
Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel

Been to The Elms? Share your experiences!