The Elms
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
George Hotel(Bewdley)
View Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor(Stourport-on-Severn)
The Talbot Hotel(Knightwick)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsafternoon teahigh teafamily friendly hotelhalf termmain restaurantsconesspa facilitiesa la carte menulovely groundscream teacoach housecountry housesteam roomold housethe main housegreat facilitiesrelaxation room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife, 5 years old daughter and myself stayed for 3 days at the end of May. There was an issue around the room we were allocated but this was promptly sorted out the next morning. The staff are all very friendly and we loved the fact that our daughter could attend the Bears Den for 2 hours each day whilst we enjoyed the spa facilities. We also had the chance to have a dinner one night alone as the bear den staff ran a slumber club from 1900-2200hrs where the kid played games and watched DVD's with popcorn. The spa facilities were clean and the pool was never that busy even though it was half term. Food and drink is fairly expensive but that's what you get to stay in a luxury hotel. It has lovely grounds and fanstastic views from the rooms. We also took our daughter horse riding at a local farm riding school( Wharf Stables), £20 for half an hour. Will definately return. I have also statyed at New Park Manor in the New Forest, this chain of hotels is great.

Room Tip: We stayed in the duchess. Queen size bed and z bed for child. Still loads of space and fantastic views to rear of hotel.
2  Thank eclipse18
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Eclipse18
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Elms Hotel. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and that you are a fan of the luxury family experience and our collection of hotels.

The team work hard to deliver that unique luxury family experience and they will enjoy reading your feedback.

We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Elms, but if we cannot tempt you back you may like to visit New Park Manor, Woolley Grange or Ickworth which are all in reach from your location.

Many thanks

Hayley & the team

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We've just returned from 3 nights at the Elms with our three children - aged 5, 4 and 2. It was the perfect family break. The staff were amazing, particularly the lovely and ever-helpful Portuguese waiter Tiago. Star of the break was the hotel itself: if there is a prettier view than the one outside our first floor hotel room I have yet to see it: gorgeous rolling hills, just perfect, idyllic English countryside. The kids loved the pool, the gardens are divine and it is impossible not to have a good time, regardless of the weather.
We are going back in August.

2  Thank Jules S

Dear Jules S

Thank you for writing a lovely review of your stay at the Elms. I am so pleased that you had a great time . I will pass on your comments to Tiago, I know he will be pleased to get a mention.
August is nearly upon us so I look forward to welcoming you all back soon!

Best Wishes

Hayley

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were given this as a gift from my son and daughter in law in April this year
So the weather was kind to us so I booked the afternoon tea some where nice and quite local to us
The hotel was lovely to see from outside lovely setting until we went inside
Not a lot to say really not very welcoming at all .had to wait for ages for someone to acknowledge us
We were asked were we would like to sit as it was nice and warm we chose outside in the gardens
Bad mistake there were children every where so much for a quiet afternoon tea
Never mind were sat in a lovely garden any way.
Then the pot of tea came ok
Then a short while later came our afternoon tea
What a let down, tiny sandwiches looked like left overs we were not asked what fillings we wanted it was just assumed that we ate the fillings given.
Salmon no ,ham no, cheese and chutney no, the only I ate was egg and that was hardly there
My husband ate the ham and cheese what cheese there was.
I am vegetarian so the should have asked when making the booking I think
The scones jam and cream were lovely though very nice as for home made cakes were concerned they need to have a few lessons in home baking most of these were out of a packet
Over all can say we will not recommend this to any one nor will we return any time soon

Room Tip: Didn't stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rosalind d
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I'm sat in one of the drawing rooms writing this. My son is happily playing at the Bears Den whilst I've been able to pack, pay the bill and still have some time left as I don't have to collect him until 12 noon. And this sums up our little holiday here, relaxing for parents and lots of fun for children. It's rained every day but we've still had a fantastic time, in fact we haven't left the hotel grounds nor have we wanted to.

The hotel itself is beautifully furnished with antiques, thick carpets and comfy sofas and chairs. There are toy chests randomly scattered around the place and a toy, book and DVD area by reception to catch the children's eye as you check in.

Our bedroom was furnished in a similar style, cleaned daily to a high standard with a comfy bed; TV and DVD player; bathroom with tub and wonderful 'waterfall' shower; radio, hairdryer, iron; and room service is also available.

Extremely high standard of service in the restaurant, the waiting staff went beyond their duty in a courteous and friendly manner (not an easy combination to master). The actual food was delicious and no wonder, I actually spied the chef picking some herbs during dinner, now you cannot get fresher than that. Indeed they grow their own vegetables and herbs here and have chickens to ensure fresh eggs for breakfast.

The crèche staff are fantastic with the children, a free 2 hour slot is available every day which suited me perfectly. During our stay there was a slumber party which my son attended for an additional £10 he had a wonderful time and I had 3 hours to myself. Now that's a bargain babysitting rate.

We thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pool and the indoor and outdoor hot tubs. There are no limits to the times children can swim so we weren't at all restricted but could go whenever we liked.

Whoever thought of the idea of this chain of hotels is either a genius or a parent - but probably both.

3  Thank JennyBaldwin
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear JennyBaldwin
Thank you for your lovely review, I am so happy that you had a lovely stay and it seems that you really get what we are about and that it was made for you and parents like you.
We do have a fabulous herb and veg garden, we are very lucky to have two excellent gardeners who keep all of that going, I'm looking forward to the strawberries! Unfortunately I can't lay claim to the chickens, they belong to next door at the field house farm but yes, fresh eggs are never very far away.
I will share your comments with the whole team, the waiting and creche teams will love their mentions.
Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards
Hayley Kirton

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here for a day spa package and were truly impressed. The facilities are on the smaller sale than your usual spa destination but its immaculately clean, friendly and so peaceful. There were only about 10 other people in the spa and my only warning might be if you want a child free experience this place might not be for you. It's very child friendly but still definitely has adult appeal. We were here during half term and only saw about 4 children.

The little garden cafe had a Scandinavian inspired look and we were given our own table for the day to take afternoon tea and drinks etc. The treatments were first class and the treatment rooms are modern, clean and very professionally run.

The views from the hotel are gorgeous and there are gardens to walk around and the main hotel is stylish and chic. The spa is a modern but sympathetic add on to the hotel. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LSM2000

Dear LSM2
Thank you for your review of The Elms Spa, the girls wil love to read that you ahd a lovely time and that it was well run with great treatments. I am pleased that the children were not an issue, we really do aim to keep everyone happy and it seems in your case we successed.

Thanks you again for the review and I do hope we get to see you again soon

Best regards