Open today: 07:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
fantastic divemaster & divesites but lunch can be improved

First of all! Make a reservation today if you are reading this. They get fully booked very quick... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
484harh484
Sweden
via mobile
Great Service

I dont usually do tripadvisor reviews but I received a personalized email thanking me for diving... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
AdamL4323
via mobile

All reviews coiba national park fish the owner two days these guys sandwich reef sharks open water course tuna boat ride devil rays good vibes whole team top notch diving experience white tips my girlfriend
Reviewed 30 September 2014

Very professional and at the same time very friendly people. I would bet it's the best diving center in the area.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Gikas G
Reviewed 11 September 2014

My husband and I went to Santa Catalina strictly for surfing, but discovered this jewel of a dive shop. My husband has an open water dive certification, but sadly I do not. We arrived early so that I could get my dive instruction, and walked with all of our gear down to the boat. It was a fun, bumpy, turbulent, and 1-hour ride to the island of Coiba. I wouldn't recommend if you get easily seasick. Once on the beach, the guide tried very hard to teach me to dive, but I just couldn't clear my mask, and my lungs filled with water, and I couldn't shake my cough. I ended up deciding to snorkel instead. As they mentioned in another review, if you are going to snorkel, you won't get any guidance or support. They just told me to jump off the boat and into the ocean ("go have fun," they said) and busied themselves with the "real divers." That almost cost me my life when I jumped off the boat with no offer of a life vest and swam into a high-current and rock formation situation. I was drowning and the boat and my husband had to come save me before they went down for the dive. Still, I try to remain positive, and I just sat on the boat alone on a boat with bloody knees and legs (I was caught against some rocks) with the captain and 1st mate and waited for 45-minutes until they all resurfaced.

On the second dive, I was offered a life-vest and they took me to an area that didn't have such a strong current, and told me areas to avoid! I think my near-drowning reminded the team that snorkelers need same equipment and attention to detail. It's still the middle of the ocean afterall.

My rating is so high because my husband had an amazing dive experience and saw tons of sharks, sea horses, turtles, etc. Additionally, on the way back to Santa Catalina we got some tremendous footage of whales and dolphins swimming together and breeching the surface.

Also, I was so happy to see a different part of the country and the island of Coiba is amazing. The sandwiches they offered were pretty tasty, and they cut fresh coconut for us. It was still a great experience even though I paid alot of money for a dive that I didn't take.

When I returned the dive master/owner was super nice to me and greeted me with hugs and kisses, and promised that he could personally teach me how dive when I return to Santa Catalina. Maybe one day! Still a great place to go if you've got the time and a bit more diving experience.

Date of experience: September 2014
PanamaDiveCenter, Propietario at Panama Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

We appreciate this comment in order to improve ourselves and the service we offer.
Since few months we have a permanent local snorkeling guide (Andy) with a big heart, and love for ocean life.
Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Good equipment and super friendly staff. Competent dive guide. Since there are no ATMs in Santa Catalina, we wanted to pay with credit card and this dive shop was the only one not to charge a supplement of 8%. After diving feel free to join the crew for dinner at a fabulous pizza place.

Thanks so much for your review.
We believe, clientes never have to carrie with the lack of technology in town, we try to make it easy for the people, who, adventurously, decide to come to Santa Catalina and enjoy the beauty of Coiba National park.
Cheers,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Whales, Dolphins on the way, White tip Sharks, Frog fish, Octopus, Turtles... and 3 m Sea Crocodile on the beach at your arrival. Coiba Island is fantastic and a day/dive with friendly Camilo a great experience you don't have to miss: Pro, safe and realy friendly.
Before that, you won't miss Elena's Breakfast at "La Buena Vida" Hotel ("Santa Catalina Hotel" is also very good.
Thanks for all Camilo and All the best to you.
I loved Santa Catalina spirit and people.
François Delabie

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank FrancescoDe

Dear Francois and family,
It was a pleasure to have you on board. We hope to see you again spmewhere around the world.
Great travelers and a beautiful family.
Cheers,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you plan to dive here, do it in this company. Owner Camilo and dive masters Santi and Peter are very friendly, responsible and professional people. The company has the best and the fastest boat.

There was three of us and we did 3 dives on a day trip to Coiba, amazing! There were also snorkelers on board and I am sure they had as great time as us divers. There is NOTHING to complain, everything went as smooth as is can go. I got little stung by jellyfishes and Camilo took care of me even on the next day by seeing how I am. Would recommend his company to anyone, one of the best dive companies I have ever visited.

Date of experience: July 2014

It was a great time,.... hahahaha I remember the jellyfish time.
Take care and great bubbles.
Camilo.