“Next time I'll book a longer stay!”
Review of Silk Cotton Resort

Silk Cotton Resort
Ranked #4 of 9 Bogmalo B&B and Inns
San Diego
“Next time I'll book a longer stay!”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was a wonderful place to stay. I chose it because of its proximity to the airport and the favorable reviews, and it is so much more than an airport hotel! This is a destination in itself. I wish I had planned for more nights. The room was clean and comfortable, the property was so quiet. I loved staying in a residential neighborhood and It felt like I was staying with old friends. The beach is fairly close and was a lovely spot. Of all the places I stayed in India, this was by far my favorite!

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank traveldancerSanDiego

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Well normally if I come on a business trip to Goa, I prefer staying at the Bogmalo Beach Resort and if am on vacation i rather stay at the 5 star properties on Majorda Beach or stay at resorts on Baga or Calangute Beach resort.

This time around, I was heading to Goa for yet another business meeting and my obvious preference was the stay at Bogmalo Beac Resort. But to my surprise, my wife decided to finalize the booking at Silk Cotton Resort which is enroute to Bogmalo Resort.

Through the entire plane journey i kept nagging her and kept asking her to change our resort, but she was not willing to budge. Expecting the worst, we reached the resort and to my surprise, I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw.

It was a felling of being at home away from home and you also had the friendliness of the staff members there. The place is modeled on the lines of bread & breakfast. It has some fashonably built bungalows, which have been designed well and decorated with unique furniture. There are 02 very very friendly Boxer breed of dogs and the hostess / house owner is very friendly and interactive. They do not serve lunch or dinner but breakfast of your choice is served at the precise time you request for it. Being more of a homely environment, the place is very peaceful, has a lovely lawn, an adequate sized pool and some lovely greenery. So for tourists / travellers who love the peace of a home away from home, I suggest this is the right place for you.

To top it all it is priced at only 2500 per night and for me it was definitely a very enjoyable stay. Loved it to every bit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are bungalows and I presume that all are of the same style and type
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Haaren, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We knew Bogmalo Beach from other years. It's a nice little beach to stay overnight in order to catch your flight.from Dabolim airport. This time we found Silk Cotton on Tripadvisor and we decided to book 2 nights in January 2011 on our arrival from Mumbai. To our big surprise it was not the quiet and peaceful hideaway that we had expectted from the reviews. The ongoing terrible noise from the (civil & military) airport took away much of the charm. Maybe it had to do with the direction that the wind was coming from during our stay but in our opinion this feature was really dominating the scene. The couple that runs the place is very helpful and friendly though. On the beach (where the noise of the planes is less, because it is on a much lower level than the airport and the resort) we can recommend John Seagull's restaurant. You can walk down the road (about 15 minutes) and come back by bus (every half hour) or by taxi.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnneW49
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Right from booking online and telephonic interaction to reception at airport & resort, and throughout the stay, the warmth in service was possibly a little more than the usual Goan hospitality that is usually what attracts tourists from all over the world. The setting of the resort was quaint and was actually better than what the website photos show - there's a series of 2-storey villas with comfortable beds, neat and clean bathrooms and balconies large enough to party in groups of four. The swimming pool is well-maintained and cleaned routinely.
It is a family-run place, Amrita is the "boss-lady" who personally takes care that the staff are at their best and that there's enough beer in the fridge abd enough water for the electric kettle in the room, and there is a touch of home to the breakfast - apart from the standard hotel options such as choice of eggs to order, fruits etc, you can actually ask for even upma with the eggs instead of bread!!.
But yes, this is a bed & breakfast place, no other meals... but once you walk down to the beach you wouldn't want to miss the shack food anyway! Bogmalo beach is a quiet and beutiful beach fot total relaxation, and is not overcrowded like the North Goa beaches, and Silk Cotton is the best place if you want a nice little non-five star place that you would like to go back to - as so many Europeans do (who we met there during our stay).

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Very neat luxury hideout before departing. Great proximity to airport (10mins) Personal Airport Transfers to Diabolim GOA. Lovely people to meet. Clean pool. Affordable mini bar. Set in beautiful gardens.

Room Tip: Definitely worth checking out AAA+++:):):)
  • Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We have visited the place in Feb 2011 and enjoyed every single minute of our stay. From the very beginning, a welcome drink and a warm welcome from our host Amrita, we felt like we are at home or in a place where we are long awaited. Transfer to and from the railway station (Madgaon) was not a problem at all. The premises were clean and neat, and so was our room (the pink one). Guard dogs, a couple of lovely boxers, were absolutely adorable, friendly and welcoming. Lots of trees, flowers and small things complementing to the style soothed eyes and soul. Bird songs and sun shining through windows in the morning added to the charm. Our room was spacious and had everything necessary, AC, shower, hair-blower and TV set included. Service was superb: prompt, but unobtrusive. Every request was carried out in a matter of minutes. Home-made breakfast was superb: nothing fancy, but extremely tasty, nourishing and served with a lot of taste, beauty and respect. Having all your breakfast requests given in the evening carried out to the letter was an additional bonus. So were birds, beautiful trees and small chipmunks sitting on some of their branches. The pool on the premises, cool and well-kept, was a welcome sight after spending all day on the beach. The nearest beach is located about 800 meters from the resort, and we had to take a taxi to it (about 100 Rs one-way), but that fact was overwhelmed by many advantages of the resort and excellence of the beach (suffice it to say that on weekdays morning (including Feb 14) there were absolutely no people on it, and sand and ocean were heaven-like). Amrita also helped us with finding the best place for our lunch and dinner (and it really was something). She was, in fact, a source of all necessary information and useful tips and helped us a lot during our stay. To summarize, the Silk Cotton resort is a perfect getaway from big city noise and stress, a place were you are truly welcome, pampered and catered for and, at the same time, can enjoy absolute privacy and serenity of the paradise-like place. Next time we are in Goa, we are sure to visit this hospitable oasis again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 April 2011

After an exceptionally busy period over Xmas and the New Year, I just needed to get away and recharge my batteries. I found my holiday paradise in this warm, friendly and charming B&B, run by Amrita and her fantastic family. In their lush garden - or by the pool - you feel like you are part of the family the whole time. There is always time for a friendly chat about cricket - or a welcomed lift down to the beach. I can well understand why people keep returning to this oasis, in some cases for many years. The proximity to the airport is another welcome add on. I will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogmalo
Coconut Creek
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 66 in Candolim
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Silk Cotton Resort? Share your experiences!