“Honeymoon in dharmshal at pinkhouse was great exp.”
Review of Pink House

Pink House
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in McLeod Ganj
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Hi all

I booked pinkhouse after seeing many reviews on trip advisor .
I got all those thing which i expected..
I was happy to see my wife as she liked the room n its cleaning as well as food.
Afterall booking was done by me.
I was complily satisfied from pink house manager n its services even we became friends in one week.

I enjoyed at lot in one week there.
You must visit
Thanks
Have a great journey
Pankaj malhotra from chandni chowk
Delhi

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pankaj M
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Pankaj,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We feel honored that you chose to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion of your life. As soon as we realized that you were on your honeymoon, I spoke to the staff and told them that we need to make this an extremely memorable holiday. And I'm so glad that we lived up to your expectations. Once again, thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again - may be for your first anniversary this time? :-)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Surprisingly this is one of the highest rated hotels at Mcleodganj!! The private balcony and the view from the balcony is great! But overall nothing great. I did not mind the steep stairs leading to the hotel but many might. One really needs to bargain on the price of the room as it can vary substantially! Also no one would come for cleaning the room or changing the sheets unless you call them specifically for the same!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Obsessive T
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed the view from your room. But I'm slightly disappointed that your impression of us was restricted to the view. Could you specifically mention what you felt was lacking? Sure, we are the top rated hotel as far as listing is concerned, but at Pink House, we're more like a home for our guests - who sometimes stay for months. So we try to keep our service and hospitality as homely as possible.
I'd be grateful if you could write back to us and let us know how we can improve and I'd be more than happy to work on it. We hope you'll return and give our hospitality another chance to live up to its reputation. Once again, thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was on a short trip to Dharamsala and picked up Pink House based on the ratings and reviews on TA. We knew the 125 stairs walk to the hotel before booking a room so that wasn't a problem for us. Some things we disliked are:
1. Rooms were not that great. I expected them to be more spacious.
2. Same with the bathroom. The furnishing was lousy and needed ramp up.
3. The food was terrible. I ordered pancake, noodles, soup and all tasted equally bad.

Some pros:
1. Good view, if you get a decent room.
2. Spacious sit out balcony. This was the best part.

Room Tip: They have two buildings. Definitely see the room before actually booking it. Check the fittings, the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abhishek_shukla_in

Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for staying with us and dropping a feedback of the same.
It hurts me to know that you did not enjoy your stay at the Pink House.

Regarding the room: Our double rooms have been lauded by people for the last many years for being just the right size: Spacious for two people and at the same time, cozy and warm - add to that, the view of the Himalayas from your private balcony. So I'm really disappointed that your opinion of the rooms was different.

I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy the food. We're usually famous for our pancakes and breakfast. I'd also like to add that we have been doing some serious revamp in the kitchen, getting new cooks and we now have a more wide-ranged menu that we are offering to our guests.

Abhishek, I fully acknowledge the fact that you did not enjoy your stay at the Pink House - and that really makes me feel terrible. I tried my level best to make sure that you are comfortable.

We try really hard to make sure that all our guests check out with a smile. I'd really love to know how we could make up for this. I hope you give us another shot to give you a warm and comfortable home at Mcleodganj - I promise, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Somehow all the reviews, before going on this trip, had raised the expectations a lot. Not that the hotel was disappointing, but somehow expectations had been a little higher. Yes, the steps that lead to the hotel are a slight 'sore' point (pun intended!). But if one plans the day in such a way so as to reduce the going up and down, it ought to be ok. The Pink House staff was attentive at arrival and departure.

We stayed in the 'newer' building (extension ?) which was more 'green' (paintwise) as compared to the older pink one. Our room was on the top floor, so a long flight of stairs to contend with, but then the view was nicer.

Clean 'new' colourful room. Nice view from the balcony, of the peaks, the town (too many structures on the hillsides!). Not too impressed with room service. They messed up the breakfast order a bit. Loved the Tibetan bread for breakfast.
It's a good place to stay; we were there for 2 nights.

But on the whole, McLeodganj, the town was very disappointing. It was my second visit, the first had been in 1986. Back then, it was a tranquil Tibetan settlement / hill-town...

The surrounding areas, like Naddi, on the other hand, turned out to be lovely surprises.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sonakz

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a feedback of the same.
I'm glad you liked your stay at the Pink House but I sense from your review that you weren't entirely happy. I'd love to know more about this - because if there was anything lacking from our end, I'd really like to take that up with the staff so that we could improve.

I'm sorry about the mess up in the breakfast. That usually never happens, but on that particular day, I remember there were many orders and we were short on staff. I know that's not a good enough excuse - so I just profusely apologize for the same.

I'm glad you liked the Tibetan bread. We make it fresh in our kitchen and we've been told by our guests that our version of this bread is the best in town! You'd be happy to know that we've revamped our kitchen and menu and now offer a wider range of food, all cooked fresh in our kitchen.

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy Mcleodganj in general. If you had asked me, I could have recommended some beautiful / tranquil places around that you would have loved. I really hope you give this town another shot, and I'm sure this time, you'd really enjoy it.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us and I'm glad you found us a happy home to stay in. Take care.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had a good stay here. Could not get rooms on top floor due to occupancy but it would have been nice to stay there. Got a very good cab driver also who was very helpful and informative. Though he was not from this hotel but really good guy and he also trekked with us to Triund and got us mangoes from the trees. Overall a good experience. The driver name is Janam Singh and his no is 9418252198. You can contact him for cab service. I had also reccomended one of my American female friend who was travelling alone to Mc Leodganj. Both the hotel and the guy have kept it up. Thanks for not disappointing my recommended friends.

Room Tip: Take the room on the top floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you so much for coming to Mcleodganj and staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, Mcleodganj is full of nice people - us included. :-P
Jokes apart - I'm wondering what was lacking in our service that you decided to rate us 4/5. We try our hardest to make sure our guests leave with a smile - so if there was anything you think we could do better to make the 4/5 a 5/5, we'd love to know your feedback.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

If the 150 stairs to the guesthouse isnt a deal breaker for you, then I would suggest staying here. Loved everything about the gueshouse. the rooms, the people. We arrived from Delhi at 8am in the morning, and though Javed wasn't able to provide us rooms before the check in time, after a sumptous breakfast at the roof top, we were provided a lounge room, with TV, where we whiled away the time comfortably. Room service is prompt. Geysers are good. nice bathroom fittings. Wifi is kinda slow.

Room Tip: choose rooms in the newer building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ParomitaS

Hi Paromita,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm really happy that you loved your stay with us. It's reviews like these that keep us motivated to be on our toes and serve our guests nothing but the best. I'm really sorry that we couldn't help you with an early check in. We were so packed that day! If there was a room available, I would have been more than happy to keep your room ready well before you had arrived. But I hope the breakfast made up for that?

Sorry about the Wi-Fi. When the weather gets cranky here, the internet gets iffy. We've been in talks with the service provider and have currently got it fixed.

Once again, thank you for the great feedback and we hope to see you real soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at pink house with my wife and son on 8th and 9th of April. It was a very pleasant experience for us. I wud like to thank the hotel manager Javid and his courteous staff (special mention for ishwak and dinesh) for making our stay comfortable and happy. We reached the hotel much before the check in time and they provided a room very early in the morning. Their roof top restaurant is great specially for the views, good breakfast and my 18 months son enjoyed running on the roof the most. They helped me and assisted me well about my sight seeing planning and my visit to triund. Room was good enough for us and good balcony with some great evening views of dhauladhar range but I wud like to see more of local scenery pics in the rooms. Nearby area of the hotel is not as clean as I like to see on mountains and construction work going on nearby making the atmosphere noisy (that I feel is temporary) though the hotel is neat and clean. Some people complain about some 120 stairs to hotel but I enjoyed them as wel, from hotel to jogiwara road u run on stairs and reach on the road and feel the fresh air with heavy breathing is so good to feel, u also have youngling school between stairs where u can see tibbati kids running and playing in the school though my wife didn't enjoy the stair walk like I did but for a delhite like me who doesn't like to walk much it was a good experience and when we were returning hotel staff helped us to main road with our baggage even though I wasn't willing them to carry my baggage but they insisted and gleefully drop us to road that was touching. Didn't order food there so won't be able to say much but there are some very good restaurants near by. Overall my experience was good enough for me to stay at the hotel if ever I visit mcleodganj again. Go there for homely stay, decent staff and very good value for money.
Kashif
New delhi

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello Kashif,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We had a wonderful time hosting you and your family. I'm really happy that you had a great time at the Pink House. We try real hard to keep improving our standards, and when a review like this comes out, I feel good that we're heading in the right direction. I've passed on your message to Ishfaq and Dinesh. They're all smiles!
We really hope you come back soon. You'll always have a home in Mclelodganj at the Pink House.