“Great people and atmosphere”
Review of Pink House

and 1 more site!
Pink House
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in McLeod Ganj
“Great people and atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My girlfriend and I travelled for 6 months throughout India and Pink house was without doubt the best place we stayed, for many different reasons. Firstly the service. Even on arrival we were thanking Javid for arranging our bus from Manali to McLeod. We were greeted with a cup of chai and helped with everything for the next 7 weeks. Our room was very clean and spacious with a mountain view, hot water was always available and room service if necessary. However the best thing about Pink House was without doubt the people. Those who work there were some of the warmest and most kind hearted people we've ever met and also some of the funniest. And the Pink House also attracts like-minded people. We met so many cool people during our stay and we were so sad to leave. Although we left to go on the road trip of a lifetime to the Spiti Valley, organised by HolidayChai at the Pink House!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Macto84
Dear Stu and Eilidh,

The seven weeks we spent with you were some of the best moments at Pink House - and I say that without any doubt. We loved hosting you and we are so grateful to you for all your help in helping us create holidaychai - our venture that promotes off beat and lesser known places in the Himalayas.

I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Pink House and everything was served to your satisfaction. The entire staff has very fond memories of your stay and we often talk about the two of you and smile! You are right about the fact the Pink House attracts like minded people - it's not just the service and the rooms, but it's the conversations we have at the rooftop cafe and the time we spend together that really makes Pink House, Pink House, doesn't it? :-)

I don't have to say this but you always have a home in Mcleodganj and we really hope to see you two real soon. Have a great time in Australia and we wish you all the best.

Oh, and thank you so much for this feedback!

Javid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Pink house is an excellent place to stay at McLeodgunj if one is looking for a budget hotel close to the town and dalai lama monastery. The staffs are highly pleasant, courteous and are always willing to help. Rooms are not luxurious but neat and clean with comfortable mattress. They Really also large in size. The main attraction of this guest house is beautiful view from the rooms. All the rooms are designed in such a way that window and balcony is always on the valley side. The owner of the hotel Mr javed pays close attention in details and makes sure that the guest have comfortable stay. They also arranged taxi for us bcoz we wanted to visit some nearby places.

The food was okay. We did get decent food generally but on some occasion, it wasn't cooked properly. The major problem with this place is that one has to come down poorly made 150 stairs to reach the hotel from jogiwara Road!!! . So it's not recommended at all for old and less athletic people. However, lil distance from the busy jogiwara Road also help in getting a peaceful environment with beautiful view.
In the nutshell, pink house is a very good place to stay in McLeodgunj considering budget in mind. Food could be improved though and this place is only recommended for young and physically fit people. Good place for couples as well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashwani kumar K
Hello Ashwani,

Thank you so much for this review. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Pink House. I'm glad that you found your room delightful. We understand that you are coming to the Pink House to take a well deserved break and we try double hard to make sure that it's all worth it and you get back home all refreshed and happy.

I'm surprised that the food did not match your levels of satisfaction. We have upgraded our kitchen and revamped the menu and we have recently been receiving very good reviews of the same. Was there anything in particular you did not like? I wish you had come up and told me about this and we could have fixed it right away.

You are right about the stairs - it does give us a peaceful location and one that serves the best views of the Himalayas. And I'm glad you faced no problems with those stairs.

Once again, thank you for this review and a big thank you for staying with us. We really hope you come back soon and give us another chance to host you.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've stayed at Pink House a time ago and still miss it! Amazing view from my room, looking at Himalaya mountains..
Best location to go everywhere and very close to yoga school where Vijay ,with his wonderful ancient yoga knowledge gives classes twice a day. They are the best you can get!
Owner of the place Mr. Javid makes you feel like you are at home. I want to go back.
Regards to you all

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hello,

Wow - that's a wonderful review! Thank you so much for that. I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Pink House and you felt like home. Here at the Pink House, that's what we work for - to treat our guests like family and make them feel like home. So I guess we're doing it right!

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us. You'll always have a home in Mcleodganj at the Pink House. See you soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Before coming to the review about the hotel I'd like to share with you the journey from the start.. Me n my girl reached Pathankot by Jammu Mail at about 6.30 am and realised that it was too early in the morning; and that the toy train to Kangra will be only after 3.5 hours. So we took a taxi from the Taxi Stand outside the station and paid 1850 bucks till Mcleodganj.
We stopped for breakfast at Maama-Bhaanja Bhojnalaya at Nurpur, which is about 30 minutes after the HP-Punjab Border.. they serve the bestest Aaloo parathas which are crispy and filling, served with their signature dal and onion chutney.. a chilled glass of lassi does the finishing job..(totally recommended stop-over.. we even picked up our dinner on the way back!)

When we reached Mcleodganj after super-steep roads, we stopped outside the Mount View Hotel, which is the closest point to Pink House. Once off the car, be prepared for a series of 30-40 steps down-hill before you reach the hotel.. can get tiring when your coming up to leave coz you'll have your luggage too.. but stretches you muscles well ;)
once here,, its all worth it..!
We'd booked a Super Deluxe room and got one in the new building.. the view from my room was breathtaking and outstandingly pretty..!

The food at PH is also yum.. especially the home-made Tibetan bread(must-try), the portion size of all items is good enough for 2 people.. Mr. Siring, one of the staff, was very helpful in guiding us on a trekking route to the Bhagsu Falls.. he's one of the chefs too..
My girl had caught fever because of the rain, but the hotel staff managed to provide us with a tablet we were looking for but couldn't head out as it was raining heavily.. Thank you guys!

Keep up the Great Hospitality Team PH and may you win many more TripAdvisor titles!

Room Tip: Book the Super Deluxe room for the Best view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Savio,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We really appreciate it! I'm glad that you and your partner had a great time at the Pink House. I remember receiving your email about how this holiday was extra special to you and before you checked in, I had a word with the staff and told them that everything had to be just perfect in your room. And I'm glad that our service and the room matched your level of satisfaction.

I've passed on your kind works to Shring and the kitchen and they're all smiles! I'm glad you enjoyed the home-cooked Tibetan Bread that is freshly prepared here. As one guest once mentioned - "it's the best Tibetan bread in town!". :-)

Thank you so much for staying with us. And we hope you come back home real soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have just finished a 2 night stay in the pink house and feel that I must give a big thank you to Javed and the rest of the staff. My every question was answered promptly and accurately. Forward bookings were managed effectively. Room service was always prompt. My room was clean, warm and comfortable. Sure, there were a few steps around 125, but if you visit mountain areas you have to expect a bit of climbing. You can see snow capped mountains from hotel balcony. Lunch and dinner is very delicious. Morning Tea is very good. Rooms are basic but you can get peace after reaching there. Mr. Javed is really very helpful person.I visited there with my wife and 6 year daughter. I like this place. click on below link to see view from hotel balcony.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9BMDgedt64

Room Tip: rooms of corner side (number 304 ) have excellent view of valley.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Sandeep,

Thank you so much for staying with us and dropping a review of the same. We're delighted that you had a great time at the Pink House and everything was as per your satisfaction. I'm glad you enjoyed the service and the food. I'm happy that even your six year old daughter enjoyed her stay. At Pink House, we try to serve an experience that delights people of all ages.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we hope you'll come back real soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

i came from a bad experience ....from 8 auspicious him view and was having a hot head....but pink house proved to be a good place to stay....
Pros:
Clean rooms...
Nice view....
Javed a good guy who helps to get things working....
Cons:
Stairs,stairs and stairs....
Food can improve....
But a lot better option than 8 auspicious him view....trust me.....

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank vro80
Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a feedback of the same.
I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience earlier and was glad that at Pink House, we could play a small part in making your holiday a better experience. I'm really happy that you liked the rooms and yes, as you said - we like to get things working - we don't function like a formal hotel and keep the atmosphere friendly and helpful so that our guests feel like they are at home.

I'm sorry about the stairs but as I told you in person, it's not in our control as it isn't under our ownership. Regarding the food, I'm surprised it didn't match your levels of satisfaction. We have recently upgraded our kitchen and menu and currently maintain a very high standard when it comes to tasty and healthy food. If there was anything amiss, please feel free to contact me in person and I'll immediately address the problem.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us. We hope to see you real soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Such a very Bad experience ever in any hôtel. I was There in june month little bit hot There.and the have no power backup. No power Whole Day. I booked in pink house but they gave me room in any other hôtel. Never want to go again in This hôtel.

Room Tip: Never choose This one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Priyank S
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a review of the same. I'm really disappointed that you weren't happy with you stay at the Pink House. For that, I profusely apologize. However, I'd like to use this space to let you know that on the day you were here, there were storms in Mcleodganj and there was a massive power cut not just in Mcleodganj, but also in Dharamsala. And it wasn't just Pink House that suffered power outage, all the hotels in Mcleodganj were affected. Clearly, weather and nature are not something we can control, right?

Since the weather has been very fickle and has been affecting the power, we have purchased a generator to take care of this problem.

Also, I'd like to kindly inform you that you weren't given a room in any other hotel but in the new building of our hotel which is interconnected to the old building. This is the building that most of our guests ask us to reserve rooms in. Proof of that would be the room tips that some of the guests have posted here.

Priyank, I fully acknowledge the fact that your stay at Pink House wasn't pleasant. And for that, I'd like to apologize again. I really wish you would give us another chance to host you again soon. And if you do give us this chance, we'll take care of your room tariff and you just have to sit back and enjoy our service. We promise you, this time, it'll be great.

Thank you once again for this review and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near McLeod Ganj
#18 of 22 in McLeod Ganj
Hotel Gandhi's Paradise
Hotel Gandhi's Paradise
#8 of 22 in McLeod Ganj

Been to Pink House? Share your experiences!