Pink House
OYO 4205 Hotel Anuj Regency(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$81
US$69
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$87
US$81
Hotels.com
OYO 8455 Himalayan Nest(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$53
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$39
Orbitz.com
Hotel The Vaikunth(McLeod Ganj)
US$86
Agoda.com
US$48
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrooftop cafethe main roadhot waterstairs to climbbudget hotelnew buildingroom servicechaisuper deluxe roomrooms are basicwalk uptop floorgreat viewcomfortable staytriund trekmountain viewroom balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my...10th trip to Mcllo and another home-time experience in Pink House.
Since 2009, you guys (both Javid and Showket) are awesome.
Awesome welcome, care taking, gestures and everything !!
Next trip by New Years' (thumbs-up).
Regards, Raghav Raman Pandit (New Delhi)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Dear Raghav,

We can't thank you enough for being such a wonderful family member of the Pink House. It's people like you who truly make Pink House, Pink House. We're humbled by your kind words. Once again, thank you so much for this.

Needless to say, see you real soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

There are a few steps down to the hotel, but honesty what can you expect, staying in McLeod Ganj? Also how can you expect and amazing view without abit of effort.
The stairs aren't even bad, so I don't understand why that many people see it as a problem.
I wouldn't consider myself someone that is physically fit but I still managed it with a 60L backpack and a smaller backpack.
The views from the rooftop and balconies are amazing!
And the breakfast is great and really good prices! It cost £1.50 for pancakes, a big bowl of fruit and a coffee.
The rooms have good wifi, a TV and a sofa. The bathrooms are a great size and towels, toilet paper and soap are provided.
The staff where also very helpful as they helped to arrange massages and even got a taxi booked for us that took us around some of the main attractions for 2 hours.
Really friendly staff, great facilities, great location and it's really cheap!
I WILL be coming back next time I'm in India, I genuinely wish I could have stayed for longer!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello,

We're thrilled by this review! Thank you so much for staying with us and these kind words regarding the same. I am so happy that you and your friends had a great time at the Pink House. Yes, the stairs can be an inconvenience to some who aren't willing to climb them. But I am pleased that those stairs did not deter you or your friends from having a great experience at the Pink House.

We hope to see you real soon. A warm and comfortable home in Mcloedganj awaits you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Rooms are average. Tariff is also as per market rate. Not so called cheap as advertised here. Google map location of Hotel is incorrect and faced issue in finding the place. Its not on the road, so you have walk 60-80 stairs to reach the hotel; which is tiring. You will find better alternatives on the road.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and dropping a review of the same. I'm disappointed that your experience at the Pink House wasn't as per your expectations. I'd like to politely inform you that when you consider most hotels in the town, we are priced in the budget section. I just check with the Google Map pin and it seems to be all right. As you mentioned, we are not on the road, and as you see on the map, the pin mentions that the location is off the road. Despite that, I'm really sorry that this caused you an inconvenient moment. I wish you had given me a call from the market and I would have sent a couple of staff members to help you with the luggage and take you directly to your room.

I understand that you did not have a great experience at the Pink House but I wish you give us another chance to redeem ourselves and make up for this experience. We back ourselves on serving the highest levels of hospitality to our guests - whom we treat like family members.

I promise you - we'll serve a great experience when you come back to stay with us.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us and taking time out to drop a review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Pink House is about 300 meters downhill from the McLeod Gunj main square. The good news is that the room I was in (302) was reasonably large with a good balcony and great views. The hotel also has excellent staff. Javed gave some insider’s tips that were accurate and useful. If you are undecided on what to do in McLeod Gunj/Dhramsala, I suggest you talk to him.

The reason for the loss of stars, is primarily due to the trek to get to the hotel. There are 140 odd steps down from the main road. Unless you are fit, the commute is hard. The path also has construction alongside, and is not particularly well lit at night. Though the hotel has no control of the maintenance of path, it has a direct impact on it’s guests. Free wifi was available, but was slow at certain times.

I have captured information on my 5 day vacation to Dharamsala/McLeod Gunj at the following blog. I have tried to capture enough information to recreate the trip, including places visited, treks, restaurants, etc. Hope it helps:

Room Tip: * Room 302 has great views, if you are ok climbing up 3 flights of stairs * No toiletries were provided (and not really expected). Bring everything you want, or can be bought at a small shop right outside
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nishant_balan
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hello Nishant,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time out to give us a feedback of the same. I'm glad you were happy with your room and the staff. You don't have to thank me for the tips. Really - it's our duty. Like you, we too are travelers at heart and we understand your need for local hacks to make your holiday more exciting.

Regarding the stairs - We acknowledge that the stairs can be inconvenient. Especially for people who are not willing or are not fit enough. But in your review, you've mentioned it yourself that the views are great - and you cannot get those peaceful views from hotels that are located on the busy and noisy part of the town.

And it's for those views coupled with our service that people from all over the world return to Mcleodganj to stay with us.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us. We hope you come back to stay with us soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just based on TripAdvisor reviews.
I blindly went to the pink house.
Firstly their are more that 80 stairs that i had to muscle.
Then the rooms are not soo good in comparison to their tarrifs.
(Much better luxurious rooms are available on same tarrifs in the hotels near by,which r easier to reach on and have ampel car parking space as well)
And the view that they talk a lot about, is only average view.
It was my good luck that i didn't booked it online in advance. Thus i went in holiday hill.Which is the other property of pink house.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
javidb, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Hello Mohit,

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. But before I get to some of the points raised in your review, I would like to use this forum to highlight the fact that you did not book a room or stay at the Pink House. And hence, you did not get a chance to experience our service or the room. So I'm a bit surprised that you chose to "review your stay" at the Pink House without actually staying.

Regarding the stairs, it's not 80, but 135 stairs. And every guest is made aware of that before booking or confirming a room. Despite that, most people are willing to bear the stairs to stay at the Pink House and experience our hospitality.

I'd like to remind you that Pink House is a guest house run by a family. And our rooms and prices are positioned according to that category. I believe you were looking for something more luxurious and hence I helped you in securing a booking at a pretty amazing price in Hotel Holiday Hill - our family friendly and luxury hotel.

Regarding the view - you arrived in Mcleodganj when it was raining and foggy. We were practically sitting in a cloud that day - and all hotels that day had that view, or rather no view! On a clear day, our location offers a fantastic view of the Himalayas and the valley below without being obstructed by any buildings.

Mohit, I really wish you had given us a chance to host you so that you could experience our hospitality - something that most people here on TripAdvisor love us for. If you do come back to Mcleodganj again, I hope you give Pink House a try. I assure you - we'll go all out to deliver a great experience.