“Good hotel with Mean staff members!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McLeod Ganj
Hotel Bhagsu - HPTDC
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in McLeod Ganj
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked this hotel for 3 days, room 211. On 2nd day some F [r e t a r d ] stole the Room key from the door. I immediately complaint at the reception about the situation, But the Old men at reception(Oldest [b a s t a r d] literally) said that's not their responsibility if someone stole anything from the Room(totally unsafe Hotel). While checking out on the 3rd day, they asked us to pay for the KEY WE LOST Which is 1k, including key, door lock( I am pretty much sure it was fixed at the door while we checked out lol) and key chain, We had huge argument and he literally blamed us that we lost it somewhere else and making up a story. The Old [r e t a r d] receptionist was not in mood to listen anything we were saying and we end up paying for the [s h i t ] we didn't do. They said they will refund those 1000 INR in case they found the key LOL which we totally knew never gonna happen.

In addition, they accidentally add up(that's what that old men at reception said) nearly 2000 INR in the food bill. After mentioning, he fixed the total with a creepy smile.

Food was quite good for the taste and the room service was good though.

Totally avoid this hotel, if you don't want to screw up your mind.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AshishVermaGGn

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice hotel with luxury deluxe rooms having good view.
Best point is its central location with the market being just a few steps downhill.
Its restaurant is good and it has nice lawns with lots of flowers blooming everywhere.
A good value for money.

2  Thank Vivek A
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pros:
1. Nice view from balcony.

Cons:
1. LED TV with cable connection, only two channels are clear and watchable.
2. Bathroom fittings in bad shape.
3. Floor carpet in bad shape.
4. Below average food quality.
5. Below average courteousness.
6. Fan was making more noise than Delhi traffic.

I booked this hotel through MakeMyTrip (deluxe room @ 1900 per night). The moment I checked-in I realized that it's not worth staying here. I called MMT customer care and requested them to either change the hotel or give me a refund but they said there management team will call me in next 4 hours to solve the problem, that call never came and I failed to contact them again because of awesome network connection. I ended up staying 3 nights over this gr8 place. Please beware of online ratings (especially MakeMyTrip) they are not genuine.

2  Thank swonc9
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I went to make my trip to book Hotel bhagsu through trip advisor, but the make my trip booked the hotel highland bhagsu in Bhagsunag. I was surprised when I reached the hotel, it was different than I saw the pictures on the trip advisor. Today also I tried to get the hotel from trip advisor, its hotel bhagsu on trip advisor, but hotel highland bhagsu on make my trip. It was poor hotel, so beware of it. This rating is for Hotel Highland Bhagsu, not for Hotel Bhagsu.

4  Thank PrayagPatel
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Although it's a govt hotel, but in term of facility offered, its very good. and in fact its one of the best location to stay at McLeod Ganj, great location, staff was very helpful. centrally located, markets are nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vishal G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The thing with some of these very popular hill stations is that if you're right on the main streets there's just too much vehicular noise, and Bhagsu is blessed to be right at the end of a cul de sac so there's no through traffic, and is merely a couple of minutes walk away from the main center. It also has loads of parking space.

Bear in mind that this is a HPTDC hotel and level your expectations, and you will be charmed. You need to carry a print of your booking - the hotel staff don't have it! The rooms are reasonably spacious to hold a bed, a table and a couple of chairs, some rooms have a nicer view of the valley than the others. The carpets and curtains are old, we were just happy they weren't mouldy. Our room's door handle was loose and damaged but we managed, not being too finicky.

They have a restaurant and a fairly good room service too. They don't have license for a bar but you can consume alcohol in your rooms, the room service staff can organize the ice/ bucket, snacks, etc.and will help you with a lot more if you tip them well.

They also have beautiful grounds with tall trees which the kids loved to play in - thats the area where they have pitched a couple of tents for tented accommodation. Loads of monkeys come in occasionally so be safe, but that area is a serious luxury where most hotels are really small with barely ample space to walk.

There is a back route to reach the main temple too, rather charming we thought, past houses on a steep descent, and opens right in front of the Dalai Lama temple.

We enjoyed our couple of days with no problems at all.

Room Tip: I don't remember the room number, but one of the rooms opened up to the beautiful grounds with d...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank NisheethSrivastava
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had stayed in the hotel in April, 2014 for a day. I was looking for a good hotel in Mcleodganj and was confused between the two properties of HPTDC-The club house and the Bhagsu and decided to opt for the more expensive one. The hotel booking is online and it is very simple and easy, I called the hotel and inquired about the rooms as suites were not available. The location of the hotel is really very convenient, near to market place, the Dalai lama temple and still very peaceful and secluded. The hotel is just opposite to the residence of His Holiness Dalai Lama and you may get lucky to see him, though I wasn't that lucky coz Dalai Lama was in Japan at that time.
The hotel staff is very friendly and warm, they will help you with everything. The managers are very helpful and always give genuine advice. I did not tasted the food as I ate outside. The first floor roof has some tables and chairs where you can sit and chill during morning and evening.
The rooms are good and clean, but the hotel is very old and it requires maintenance. Views from first floor rooms are better.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple