Bella Heights
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel King Castle(McLeod Ganj)
Villa Paradiso(Dharamsala)
View Hotel
Hotel Him Queen(McLeod Ganj)
  • Restaurant
Hotel The Vaikunth(McLeod Ganj)
Hotel Tokyo House(Dharamsala)
Mount View Hotel(Dharamsala)
Pink House(McLeod Ganj)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop restaurantdalai lama templemain marketwater problemless spicylocal marketamazing triproom servicebreakfast and dinnerhotel is locatedwould highly recommend this hotelwalkable distanceelectric kettledeluxe roomsmodern amenitiesthe location is perfectbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked 3 suites in Bella Heights since a couple of our favourite hotels were sold out around the time. We went with little or no expectation from the place. When we reached, we realised that the hotel is located at a convenient walking distance from the Temple Road - which tends to be our favourite hangout area while in Mcleod Ganj. There is an elevator for guests, and it tends to be helpful as there restaurant is located on the 4th floor. Our suites were decently sized and clean, and each of them had balconies attached with a lovely view of the hills. The hotel offers a free wifi which was an added advantage, Beyond that, nothing much to talk about. Food is average, so is the service and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing the valley.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MarketMyHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Bella Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback. Happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Bella Heights. Reviews like of yours motivates us to excel in our services. We look forward to your stay with us again.

Warm Regards from all of us at Bella Heights.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Rooms need attention! Most of the plugs don't work, hotel has a good balcony and a few of the staff are pleasant enough. Partik the manager was trying his very best but some staff can be very rude and abrupt; tried to cut a cake for my sons 10th birthday but stopped by a staff member on the pretext of disturbance to others- not sure how!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunando G
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

After reading about almost all the hotels in Mcllo, we decided to stay at Bella. It was a tough decision because mcllo is not a place for you if you are looking for a luxurious stay in hotels like Taj etc.
There are no big hotels here. So we had to choose the best among the lot and we decided to stay here.

First of all, the room which we got had a pathetic view and our balcony was facing or touching to be precise, the neighboring hotel. We requested Neeraj who was at the front desk to change our room to one with a better view but our request was not considered and we were told that all the rooms are booked.

The food at the hotel was bad so after having a couple of meals we thought of exploring the cafes' in Mcllo and they were amazing.

So even if you plan to stay, opt for a room without meals as mcllo has many great cafes with amazing food but the food at the hotel is bad or rather very bad.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vikrantarora14
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Let's start with the one and only positive thing about Bella Heights -- it has an incredible view of the mountains from its rooftop terrace. Unfortunately, that is its only positive aspect.

Don't be fooled by the beautiful pictures here or on the hotel's website. In reality, the rooms are a complete disappointment. My husband and I didn't have a view at all; our balcony was directly next to the neighboring building and we could hear the neighbors talking all night. Additionally, the photos make it seem like the rooms are well-lit. They aren't, not when your room is tucked up against the neighboring building! Moreover, the walls are VERY thin and we were able to hear other guests in the hallway and in their own rooms.

The rooms were also filthy. Perhaps not so much the actual rooms per se, but the sheets, towels, and chair cushions were the dirtiest ones I've ever seen. Upon arrival, I noticed my pillowcase had stains on them. I politely asked to have them changed, but all of the other cases were just as dirty. There were also hairs left on the bed that were clearly not from us. Luckily, we had brought a silk sleeping bag to use in such cases based on a travel tip from a friend. We were very happy to have one with us because sleeping in that bed would've been gross. Additinally, although the towels were "clean," meaning, washed, they had stains on them as well. (We should've brought our own towels as well!) Lastly, the chair cushion was incredibly dirty and it looked like someone had spilled coffee or some other substance on it. I didn't even want to sit on it or leave my purse on the chair because I didn't know what it was.

As for the staff, they are rude and incompetent. When we first arrived, the electricity had gone out due to stormy conditions. (Note that the hotel doesn't have a back-up generator, though the hotel next door does.) We tried asking if and when the electricity would come back, but the staff simply ignored us or provided us with non-answers. As we are foreigners, this was the first time we've ever experienced anything of the sort, but the staff didn't even attempt to help us understand that this is a regular occurrence in McLeod Ganj. I understand that blackouts can cause unforeseen problems, but if this is a regular occurrence, then the hotel handled it very poorly. At night, it was pitch dark but they didn't offer us any candles, though there were some in the hallways lighting the stairs. Dinner was an atrocity and complete chaos; I'm guessing they had a back-up gas stove of some sort, but they didn't communicate anything to us or the other guests.

Additionally, when I asked to have my pillowcase changed because it was dirty (see above), they didn't seem to understand why I would even think about doing this. Instead, they seemed annoyed at the fact that they had to do something. We also had the issue that the front desk called our room looking for other guests and then room service knocked on our door when we hadn't ordered anything. (It turned out the room next door had ordered something.)

To be fair, when the electricity came back, the food in the hotel restaurant was actually pretty decent. The breakfast buffet was also good and mostly comprised of Indian food. Eating breakfast on the terrace is pretty lovely, but again, everything else was not very good.

All in all, I was extremely disappointed by Bella Heights. I had actually been really excited about the hotel initially when I saw the website, but the discrepancy between that and reality was so enormous that I was bound to be disappointed. If you book a room here, just be prepared, bring a silk sleeping bag, and don't let your expectations get too high.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank GeekRockChick24
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The main attraction is the open terrace overlooking the valley adjacent to their dining hall.You can catch the glimpse of the Dhauldhar Range while having ur breakfast.Food is excellent.The staff is friendly but the rooms are a bit congested with a little space n the balconies have no view.They would have been better off by including the balcony space in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonika_KR

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback. good to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Bella Heights. We look forward to your stay with us again.

Warm Regards from all of us at Bella Heights.