“Can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sant'Angelo in Vado
La Tavola Marche Agriturismo & Cooking School
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Everything we read about La Tavola Marche was true. Beautiful setting, wonderful food and incredible hosts Ashley and Jason. My husband and I have travelled quite a bit in Italy and this is at the very top of our list. Jason is a fantastic chef and Ashley is incredibly gracious and helpful with planning whatever it is you want to do. We also had the pleasure of meeting some of Ashley's family while we were there. Such nice people all the way around and Le Marche is so so beautiful. We consider ourselves very fortunate to have had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful place. Thank you Ashley and Jason for a wonderful memory and we hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for a three days in May to enjoy some fine food and to get the kids cooking pasta with Jason. Despite me being ill while we were here (I arrived ill) we had a fantastic time and our three girls have decided cooking pasta with Jason was the highlight of our trip to Italy! Jason and Ashley were fantastic and brought me Chamomile tea and blankets while my husband and our girls cooked up a storm. Every mouthful we tried while we were here was divine, especially the beef carpaccio, no illness was going to put me off second helpings of that delicacy!!! I just wish I'd felt better and we'd been able to stay longer to enjoy the wonderful experience that is La Tavola Marche.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful time at La Tavola Marche. Ashley and Jason are such gracious hosts. We felt very welcome. The location is fabulous…so pretty and peaceful. The cooking classes were very well done…Jason is an excellent teacher. We took the three course Italian meal class and the Gelato class (where we learned to make 6 types of gelato). All the dinners that he prepared during our stay were delicious, and the wines Ashley offered were very tasty. I wish I could get Lacrima where I live in the US! We also did the wine tour with Marco which was outstanding, spent a day at Urbino and did a day hike near Piobbico that had great views. We really hope can visit again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rightonrisk
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great hosts, delicious food, incredible area of Italy. Jason and Ashley have really immersed themselves in the local community and as a result they have a huge amount to share. Come here if you want the Italian experience with a lovely American couple to help you navigate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank supermanman
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had an amazing stay at La Tavola Marche for a week September 2013 (this review: long overdue!). Went on a big family trip with parents, sister & brother-in-law, my boyfriend and his parents.
Ashley and Jason could not have been more attentive hosts -- they are beyond welcoming, entertaining, and quite charming. Jason prepared, hands-down, the best meal I had while in Italy. After a long day of travel from Philadelphia to Rome, Rome to Le Marche, we sat down to our first real meal in 24 hours. Jason brought out glorious plate after glorious plate, all highlighting amazing produce from his garden. But the best, was the buttery truffle tagliatelle pasta that I still dream about it today ... or maybe it was the peach & fennel salad? Or the oven roasted tomato with anchovy? Can't decide!

The farmhouse is so cozy and comfortable with a great indoor-outdoor living feel. The apartments were quite spacious and very private. I stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor with my boyfriend, sister and her husband. Great unit with lots of light and ventilation -- amazing views of the surrounding hills and garden.

Must do activities: hike to the ruins just beyond the property, visit nearby Urbino, get gelato in Fano (ask Ashley and Jason), take at least one cooking class with Jason (a truly gifted, patient teacher), and definitely do the Friday Artisan Meat & Cheese Market, Beer Tasting & Tour and Lunch at the Hunter's Hideaway!

La Tavola Marche was our first stop before moving on to Positano, and then Rome. I definitely recommend starting here as it was the perfect place to unwind and truly disconnect from the everyday grind. At La Tavola Marche, I was able to adjust to the pace of Italy and truly enjoy my vacation.

Simply put, every time I think about my stay at La Tavola Marche, I smile. Great location, great hosts, great trip. On behalf on my entire family, thank you Ashley and Jason!
Elise

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elise F
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Where to begin and what words to describe... My Wife and I did an Italian worldwind tour for our honeymoon trip in October of 2013. Travelling from Venice to Tuscany, Rome on to Naples and Sorrento, the unquestionable highlight of the whole trip was La Tavola Marche. I CANNOT stress enough that if you are heading to the boot, DO NOT MISS THIS. GO. You won't regret it.

One of the most amazing and confounding things about La Tavola began with the owners. Ashley and Jason are two transplanted Americans who bought an old farm house in the La Marche region of Italy. That land paired with their personalities and culinary prowess (maybe throw in a few live chickens and a swimming pool) and the result is something unbelievably unforgetable. From the first contact email, Ashley helped to share in our honeymoon excitement and was more than helpful in any questions we had, travel advice for getting there and for around Italy, etc. I can't stress enough that it was a huge plus dealing with a fellow North American sorting out all our travel details. The bonus here is while North American, they are as much or more true Italian at the core as anyone else we encountered along the way. Yes, you get the best of both worlds here.

We had a long drive from Venice down to Umbria, where the La Tavola farm house is nested into spectacular rolling mountain hills and valleys. We arrived late and it was nightfall, both of us beat from our first experience with Italian highway driving. Ashley and Jason were both waiting for us as we pulled in the winding driveway. The air was heavy with a rich freshness and they showed us up to our amazing honeymoon suite. The rustic and spacious old farm house, with exposed wood beams and modern finishes, was the perfect contrast to the small top flat we had in cramped and busy Venice. When we opened the door, there was a big wooden board overflowing with local handmade cheeses, Jason's own handmade cured meats and fresh local grapes and figs, all to be washed down with some honeymoon prosecco and their own house red wine. Talk about a welcomed sight. The silence there was amazing and the perfect balance to an otherwise busy trip agenda.

The next morning, we had the privilege of seeing everything in the light for the first time. And what a breathtaking scene. You really are tucked away here, it's fabulous. We walked down from our suite and out around the house to join the rest of the guests for breakfast. Passing wheelbarrows of ripe, handpicked tomatoes and baskets of onions, we were greeted by Ashley who sat us down to steaming cappuccino and warm croissants.

We were booked in that morning for one of Jason's well-known pasta making cooking classes. All the action happens right there in the main kitchen of the farm house and on the menu was handmade ravioli and tagliatelle. SInful. Jason should be a TV personality (and kind of is now with their live online cooking classes: http://www.latavolamarche.com/html/culinary.html). It was hard not to be impressed by his energy and knowledge of all things food and chef'ing. He's non-stop when he gets going and we learned more in that 3 hours than I have in a long time. Fresh farm eggs and all local ingredients, we had a ball making it and still do so at home here in Canada. The best part, of course, is eating it. Ashley took some pics for us during the class and sat with us for lunch and a glass of wine. We headed out for the afternoon, as a short drive through the mountains to the UNESCO world heritage site and renaissance city of Urbino. We missed this, to be honest! Drove minutes away from it and decided to turn back for home to get ready for dinner. Next time...

We booked in for the 5 course supper that evening. The farm kitchen and dining area transforms into the perfect rustic restaurant scene. More than a few glasses of wine went down the best food we had in our whole trip. Fresh gnocci with handmade sausage and local 'pit-aged' peccorino cheese... Some of the most amazing roast porchetta with truffle whipped potatoes, it was unreal. And all afternoon Jason was wizard'ing all of this in the kitchen, no big deal.

This place is REAL. If you want REAL Italy, then here it is. La Tavola is raw, honest, simple, classy-yet-classic "goodness". The hospitality, the food, the scene, it was all perfect. There is an overwhelming swath of agriturismo options throughout Italy, and while I'm sure most are very good, if you want to get the most for your money, save the guess work and stay here. We found this place on TripAdvisor and were impressed by the ratings and reviews. They don't lie, this spot is the real deal.

Ashley and Jason, thank you both so much for making our honeymoon that much more memorable.

Salute!
-Paul & Kelly
St. John's, NL, Canada

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulH_KellyS
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a great week at La Tavola Marche with Jason and Ashley. We cooked under Jasons guidance for all things Italian. He was great at passing on knowledge and tips while all the time fun. Dinners at night were a highlight with great fresh local food, cooked true to old Italian ways. Ashley was the prefect hostess. Our apartment was wonderful, we choose the cosy ground floor one that opened onto the courtyard. The day out with them featuring local markets, food outlets and small goods is a must and great value, they have been wrapped in Italian warmth and are well loved by the locals. The knowledge we gained from the guys really helped with our trip in Italy, for us the perfect way to start your adventure.

Room Tip: The Courtyard room was great with our little table and chairs outside our room.