“Amazing food and brilliant quality”
Review of The Trooper Inn

and 1 more site!
The Trooper Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Froxfield
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been here a couple of times now and every time the quality of the food is unbeatable. The service is always friendly and they never forget a face which these days is hard to find.
One thing that I would recommend is the Lamb, it is the best lamb that I have tasted and cant recommend it enough.

It is ideal for couples although families visit to and are always warmly welcomed. Its an old fashioned look and feel to the place with wooden pillars and pictures about the place.

I have not stayed there as yet but I am sure in the future I will be.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited the Trooper Inn last weekend. Rooms were pristine and beautifully fitted out. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was good. We had 3 rooms and they were all good - far better than we had anticipated.

Room Tip: Any room - we had three and they were all good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Trooper Inn on 9th & 10th of May. I was taking part in a charity walk that started at Goodwood race course and The Trooper Inn is less than 30 minutes drive away.
Our room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was large and modern with plenty of hot water. The bed was so comfortable with with crisp white bed linen and a good weight duvet. The beverages in the room were good quality. Everywhere is beautifully clean.
We ate at the Inn on both evenings and the food was absolutely gorgeous. I had beef wellington one evening and organic chicken breast with figs and saffron sauce on the second. My husband chose scampi and a sirloin steak which cut like butter. No need for a steak knife really. My husband enjoyed trying the local ales too.
Breakfast was also delicious with a good choice and quality food. Each table has it's own toaster so no need to queue and a fantastic idea!
Last but by no means least the owners/staff all made us feel welcome. They were knowledgable about the area and happy to help in any way they could.
Would definitely recommend and would love to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Although not far from home we stayed the night on Valentines Day so that we could enjoy a romantic evening without having to worry about driving home. A special package was on offer for a very reasonable price so we were pleasantly surprised by the warm and attractive room with a large and comfortable canopied bed.
The dinner was delicious, the atmosphere warm and friendly, and the staff welcoming and efficient. Breakfast was freshly cooked with local ingredients and large portions.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

The decor and ambience is just lovely - relaxed lighting, rustic, natural and interesting/quirky with a gentle jazz background soundtrack. The beer and wine is great and the food excellent - if you go, don't miss out on the shoulder of lamb!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here for work as situated close to Petersfield. At £55 a night b&b this was amazing value. Room clean and comfortable - huge bathroom - breakfast was wonderful (they have marmite and homemade jams!) - great, undisturbed night's sleep. I also ate Dinner here and the risotto was beautiful. Staff helpful and friendly. I often stay in the area for work and this is now one of my favourites - I will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BethandAlO
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My hubby & I stayed for one night only and will definitely be going back. Everyone from the bar staff to the waiters to propriotor was so welcoming. Our room was spotless and extremely comfortable. We ate dinner at the Inn and found the food first class. Breakfast was also fab. We were lucky enough to get talking to a local gentleman who entertained us with accounts of his life, the most interesting person we have been lucky enough to meet, thank you Ted.

Room Tip: Our room was at the top of the property and gave the most amazing views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 40thbirthdaygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Froxfield
Langrish House
#1 of 1 in Buriton
The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn
#23 of 25 in Petersfield

Been to The Trooper Inn? Share your experiences!