“A very pleasant experience.”
Review of The Trooper Inn

and 1 more site!
The Trooper Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Froxfield
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here mid July-14 as we were attending a wedding reception at the nearby Langrish House. We booked quite late directly with the hotel and got an OK deal, our room was the Stoner room on the ground floor which was a standard twin but a disabled room which was fine with us. The Trooper has a great beer garden out back and serves a range of real beers/ales (local brews I think), and the usual lagers and everything else you’d expect. The Inn appears to be very popular for food as most of the tables inside are set up for dinning. We had a full English breakfast on our departure day and it was first class. The staff were very friendly both on checking in, serving drinks and breakfast the next morning. We would consider going back and staying the night for food. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have been to The Trooper more times than I can remember - New Year's Eve, quiet dinners, noisy dinners or just a pint. So, it was the obvious choice for a celebration. Hassan, Sarah and the team were simply fantastic and helped us organise a really memorable event. We occupied all the excellent, well-appointed and very comfortable rooms and most of the dining area.
Dinner arrived without fuss, on time and to a very high standard - all my guests praised the quality of the food, the service, the accommodation and the breakfast the following morning.
The only disappointment was that the evening went so quickly but I will be sure to be back for the next big one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been here a couple of times now and every time the quality of the food is unbeatable. The service is always friendly and they never forget a face which these days is hard to find.
One thing that I would recommend is the Lamb, it is the best lamb that I have tasted and cant recommend it enough.

It is ideal for couples although families visit to and are always warmly welcomed. Its an old fashioned look and feel to the place with wooden pillars and pictures about the place.

I have not stayed there as yet but I am sure in the future I will be.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited the Trooper Inn last weekend. Rooms were pristine and beautifully fitted out. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was good. We had 3 rooms and they were all good - far better than we had anticipated.

Room Tip: Any room - we had three and they were all good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Trooper Inn on 9th & 10th of May. I was taking part in a charity walk that started at Goodwood race course and The Trooper Inn is less than 30 minutes drive away.
Our room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was large and modern with plenty of hot water. The bed was so comfortable with with crisp white bed linen and a good weight duvet. The beverages in the room were good quality. Everywhere is beautifully clean.
We ate at the Inn on both evenings and the food was absolutely gorgeous. I had beef wellington one evening and organic chicken breast with figs and saffron sauce on the second. My husband chose scampi and a sirloin steak which cut like butter. No need for a steak knife really. My husband enjoyed trying the local ales too.
Breakfast was also delicious with a good choice and quality food. Each table has it's own toaster so no need to queue and a fantastic idea!
Last but by no means least the owners/staff all made us feel welcome. They were knowledgable about the area and happy to help in any way they could.
Would definitely recommend and would love to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Although not far from home we stayed the night on Valentines Day so that we could enjoy a romantic evening without having to worry about driving home. A special package was on offer for a very reasonable price so we were pleasantly surprised by the warm and attractive room with a large and comfortable canopied bed.
The dinner was delicious, the atmosphere warm and friendly, and the staff welcoming and efficient. Breakfast was freshly cooked with local ingredients and large portions.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

The decor and ambience is just lovely - relaxed lighting, rustic, natural and interesting/quirky with a gentle jazz background soundtrack. The beer and wine is great and the food excellent - if you go, don't miss out on the shoulder of lamb!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Froxfield
Langrish House
#1 of 1 in Buriton
The Cricketers Inn
The Cricketers Inn
#23 of 25 in Petersfield

Been to The Trooper Inn? Share your experiences!