“Glamis Castle PLUS!”

East Neuk Treasures Tour from St Andrews
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Tayport
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: See the Best of Scotland on one of my half day, full day or multi-day tours starting from St Andrews, Dundee or Edinburgh area. I offer a select range of tours shown on my website and will happily tailor any tour to accommodate special wishes. Just let me know what interests you have (e.g. Scenery, Castles, Distilleries, Lochs, Glens, history, ancestry etc.) and I will aim to ensure you experience the best!
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Paul greeted us promptly at our location in Dundee. The van is comfortable and extremely clean!
Paul's knowledge of the town and surrounding areas was fantastic! Our main destination of Glamis Castle was so impressive, and the Castle itself didn't disappoint. With Paul's great time keeping we managed to see the impressive town of Glamis plus great views of Dundee as well.Thank you Paul!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
There are newer reviews for Strachan Tours

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We had a great morning touring the small villages from our starting point in St. Andrews. Paul was informative and relaxed....he let us set our own pace and sought to point out things that were of interest to us. It was a great experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Paul Strachan is the owner of Strachan Tours and he did a wonderful job showing us around Edinburgh, the Highlands, and St. Andrews! It was truly a delightful experience! The van we toured in was great. It can get to places a tour bus can't get to. Paul showed us many wonderful villages and sights as we toured Edinburgh, the Highlands and St. Andrews. His knowledge is above and beyond what I was expecting. It is worth the extra money and I would definitely recommend it. It was a great experience!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This was our first trip abroad and we were originally going to rent a car, but after checking around we found that there was really no need for one. We could get around on buses and trains for our day to day travel. Any special place that we wanted to go could be covered by Strachan Tours. They go everywhere.
Stuart from Strachan Tours picked us up at the airport in Edinburgh and delivered us to our flat in St. Andrews. We took two tours with Paul during the week--one to Edinburgh and another to Edradour Whisky Distillery. Paul had chosen some activities on the Edinburgh tour that he thought we might like, and he hit it dead on. We toured the Britannia and the Edinburgh Castle. He was an excellent guide who was well informed on all there was to see and do in the area. In addition to the ship and castle, he introduced us to several other places that we visited later in the week on a train excursion into Edinburgh. As it was our first trip into the area, we asked him many questions about local customs and culture. He was always happy to help.
On our trip to Edradour, he took us to Dundee and the Laws area on top of the hill. He showed us many things on the way to Edradour, and watched after us as though we were family. He even graciously endured having to look at all my pictures of my dogs, cats and birds on my Ipad.
When we left St. Andrews, Paul picked us up and took us back to the airport in Edinburgh. We wanted to get there very early, and he accommodated our early start. As we were leaving, we saw a friend that we had made in town. As we were saying our goodbyes to him, Paul waited patiently by the van and offered to take pictures of all of us.
Paul and his staff are all entertaining, funny, good-natured and caring. He is the best!

2  Thank 153Laurab153
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have been to Scotland 6 times over the past 12 years. Strachan tours is by far the best in the business. Paul was a wonderful guide who will adjust his tour packages to suit the client. Paul was great and an asset to Scotland. He is simply the best guide in Scotland. I employed Paul 4 days and found him to be a great guide and a better friend.