“reasonable”

Paradise Taverna Pizzeria
Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Alykes
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“reasonable”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We tried this restaurant as it was out of the way, had a nice little view across the salt flats and was less congested than the high street. The service was reasonable but unfortunately the food average to poor.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MCH606

• Greek first
Royston, United Kingdom
“Paradise resteraunt”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I don't think many people know this restaurant as it is away from the main street. in a beautiful quiet location where you can sit and watch the sun setting over the mountains as it reflects in the water of the salt flats. Family run with very good variety of food. Especially traditional Greek food. and wine very good wine that the owner Yanni makes himself.
been going there ever since recommended 25 years ago. missed 5 years in Zante in that time. September 2013 was our latest visit.

Glasgow Area
“Delicious food and great staff!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After arriving in Alykes following a 6am flight, my partner and I just wanted to grab a quick bite before getting a good nights sleep. I ate here last year but my my mum and I had only had a few starters to share and some wine so I wanted to give it another visit.

We arrived and chose a table outside but after being attacked by ants, we were promptly moved. We shared some fresh bread and I had a half carafe of red wine whilst my boyfriend had a coke. Chris had a mixed grill which was a selection of different grilled meats with chips and salad, and I had the kleftiko. The veg and cheese in the kleftiko was delicious but the lamb was sliced and I thought it may have been cooked on its own and added afterwards? Anyway, I ate every bit cause the flavours were delicious! The meal cost about £18 in total which is excellent value and we got some complimentary desserts which was a nice touch.

The waiter was very friendly and seemed to enjoy interacting with the customers. There was however, and not through the fault of the restaurant, a Scottish couple plonked in the middle who clearly thought they ran the place. Shouting loudly at the staff and smoking throughout their whole meal killed the ambience of the little taverna a little! But a lovely little taverna where I will visit again next year!

1 Thank weelissa
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Paradise Pizzeria Resteraunt”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My wife and I dined here every night since we have been here and I can only say that
we have not been to a better place. The staff are always friendly and helpful and the food is always cooked to perfection. Ask for Andreus he's always a. laugh but a good waiter at the same time. We
have never had to wait to long for any meal we have had there. All I can say to finish is that if you want a great meal in a friendly atmosphere go to the Paradise.By the way their pizzas are
some of the best you will have, and I have had a few.
Alan & Lorraine

1 Thank Alan D
Lichfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We ate at this restaurant after being told it was very good, we ordered our food and waited some time for our starters to arrive, when they did only got one starter, great start.main course was bland,my wife had a steak it was awful, didn't taste like steak at all, my main course was ok,not the best but ok. We waited for what seemed like forever just to ask for the bill.my wife had to go looking for the staff to ask can we please have our bill, this took another ten minutes .they weren't busy by any means all the staff were doing were talking at the bar. Could not wait to get out of there.we went back a second time for a pizza hoping things would be better, the food was fine but again the service was as bad as ever. Another long long wait to try and order a sweet, in the end gave up and had to find one member of staff to get the bill. Not impressed .

1 Thank Peter M