“Stunning”

Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 38 Restaurants in Alykes
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lovely welcome at this restaurant. I had spinach pies to start followed by the best swordfish I've ever had, indeed the best fish I've ever had. Dessert was a lovely tiramisu. All well presented with a nice carafe of house white wine. We were also given another on the house before leaving and a horse and cart trip back to our studio at half the current price. The waitress was very attentive and told us how long her family had been in the business wiih great pride. We would definitely call to this restaurant on a return trip to the lovely and very relaxing resort of Alykes.

• Visited July 2014

“Friendly service in a top people watching spot.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was greeted by a friendly but not overbearing gentleman and given a seat next to the street where I could watch the world (well the people in Alykes) go by. I had Saganaki (fried cheese) for starters and tsoutsoukakia (meatballs) for main. The food was just as I expected traditional Greek food to be and the rose house wine was acceptable. I felt comfortable sitting there watching the comings and going on the street and when I eventually did try to leave I was given more wine so ended up staying there for ages. The food atmosphere and service was great and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This restaurant serves great food and is fantastic value for money!! The staff are very friendly and great portions of freshly prepared food is served every time you will not be disappointed!!!

Visited June 2014
Chester-le-Street
“Friendly place”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a couple of meals here this year and really enjoyed them. There is a good selection of dishes and the service was good even though they were busy.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Angela060
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“New place to eat”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have been going to Alykes since 2009. We went last year and 'The Med' was new so we went in and had a really nice time, good menu, really helpful manager and staff. When our friends arrived a few days later we took them there and they were very impressed. The atmosphere is very good with families and couples enjoying them selves. We had wine on the house and our friends teenagers son had a steak that looked like half a bull, he loved it!
Well worth a visit.