“Worst Restaurant on Two Week Holiday, Avoid!”
Review of Al Fresco

Al Fresco
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Alykes
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Al Fresco rooftop paradise with a variety of Medittarean dishes and tasters of worldwide cuisine you will love the relaxing ambience that Al fresco has to offer . Choose from the menu specially selected wines to compliment your meal and the delicious handmade sweets to put perfect finishing touch to your evening at prices that will be well within your price range.
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and partner visited Al Fresco on the last few days of our holiday.

Straight away after being seated by the man on the door we could hear a lady on a large table of guests complaining about her meal, appeared to be taken back 3 times and was not right!

Eventually this diner went without food, everyone had eaten their food.

We were quick enough to get a female waitress to take our drinks order who approached the table without no hello or politeness, ' Drinks Please! '

Not impressed by this and obviously because this waitress was dealing with the other table and had been rude to them also continued to be rude to us, often the Greeks are very good with children but no attention to our little girl here!

We noticed a bad atmosphere in this restaurant and most diners did not look happy at all.

We asked the waitress if we could place our food order with the drinks to be told NO only drinks first? Time was getting on so we thought we would get our order done in one go.

We got our drinks quickly but after this it went majorly down hill, we waited and waited for our order to be taken, we waited over 20 minutes and in this time a waiter put his hand up to acknowledge he would be with us which did not happen.

The restaurant was not the full with diners.

We decided to walk out and take our business elsewhere, we did pay for our drinks at the bar area before leaving and explained why we were leaving, no apology at all and still happy to take our euros for drinks!

I strongly advise putting this restaurant on the AVOID list, very disappointing experience but very glad we walked out as we had a great meal and service at a taverna around the corner on the beach front which put this place to shame.

Spend your money elsewhere where the staff appreciate it and welcome you in the proper Greek way.

2  Thank Avee76
There are newer reviews for Al Fresco

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I had walked past this place for many years but this year saw that the name had changed, as had the menu, different but still greek. I need not have worried, the food was great, so was the service, not the cheapest but the ambiance and the decor and well we kept on going back. So many nice dishes but my favourite was the alfresco special starter. one word only Yummy !!!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

the menu at the al fresco is differnt its more al a cart but still very greek the view from the roof down to the street great ,staff friendly and helpful , give it go you wont be sorry you will return

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just returned from a week in Alykes and after one meal at Al Fresco I just couldn't bring myself to go anywhere else (been going to Alykes for 25+ years so very familiar with most places). The décor is very tastefully done, up a flight of stairs to a lovely room with tables overlooking the main street and the mountains beyond (great for 'people watching' in the evening but without the noise). I ate there alone but I think couples, friends or families (with older children) would enjoy it too. I got to know one of the owners quite well (Marylis - not sure of spelling!), she was very eager to do as much as she could to please. The English waiter (Robbie) and Greek waiter (Denis), were great fun to chat with and gave the restaurant a happy friendly atmosphere. The prices vary, you can pay a little or you can pay a lot if you really want to push the boat out! After an amazing meal on my first visit, I just kept going back for more and found it to be perfect on every occasion - ate there 5 times in all (wish I hadn't wasted the other two nights elsewhere!!!!). I wish them all every success with this new venture, can't wait to return next year.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We loved our visit to al fresco as the waiters were lovely and friendly and made you feel welcome along with the lovely view of the main street and mountain's that lay behind it, the resturant is upstairs so you are away from passers by creating a nice atmosphere, the food was impressive and we left very happy