Today we accidentally ended up in Abcoude. Even though it is only 10 miles from Amsterdam I had never been there. It was past lunch time and we were hungry. We arrived in De Eendracht that is situated right in the centre of the town. I think of myself as a critical person with an eye for detail and I often see a glitch here or there (also when assessing myself :-) ), but in De Eendracht everything was just right:
- the coffee was excellent and that is rarely the case
- the cookies with the coffee -not too big, pear-chocolate taste- were great
- I had wonderful bread with a nice crust, a good mustard spread and tasty cheese, my wife the same bread with egg salad and smoked egg plant. She was quite pleased as well.
- the music easy jazz, not too loud
- the service prompt and friendly
- a knife that you could actually cut the crust of the bread with.
- the quantity was spot on: neither too much nor too little
- the atmosphere relaxed
- the menu looked great, I was sorry that it is January and I try to eat a bit less
I heard that they have done some refurbishing quite recently and I do not know what it was like before, but now it is certainly good enough for me to revisit De Eendracht and then try the dinner they serve.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.