“Everything just right”

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Abcoude
Price range: US$19 - US$33
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: De huiskamer van Abcoude... dat horen we ook wel eens! Maar natuurlijk is de Eendracht er voor iedereen! Koffie drinken, krantje lezen, lunchen met zakelijke relaties, borrelen met collega's, ontmoeten met dorpsgenoten, samenkomen met je club, genieten van de buitenlucht op het grote terras, een vorkje prikken met je geliefde, een snelle hap omdat dat vaak makkelijker is dan zelf koken, een uitgebreid diner met de familie omdat er iets te vieren is, een kaartje leggen met je vrienden, de week doormidden zagen aan de bar..... zo kunnen we nog wel even doorgaan! Het kan allemaal bij de Eendracht! Onze filosofie kenmerkt zich door EENVOUD EN KWALiTEIT. Dit is goed terug te zien in onze producten, die we ook met trots presenteren. Onze met zorg uitgezochte producten en leveranciers zorgen voor een kwalitatief product voor een betaalbare prijs. Wij staan graag klaar om al onze gasten een aangename tijd te bezorgen!Graag tot ziens! Team de Eendracht!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Everything just right”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Today we accidentally ended up in Abcoude. Even though it is only 10 miles from Amsterdam I had never been there. It was past lunch time and we were hungry. We arrived in De Eendracht that is situated right in the centre of the town. I think of myself as a critical person with an eye for detail and I often see a glitch here or there (also when assessing myself :-) ), but in De Eendracht everything was just right:
- the coffee was excellent and that is rarely the case
- the cookies with the coffee -not too big, pear-chocolate taste- were great
- I had wonderful bread with a nice crust, a good mustard spread and tasty cheese, my wife the same bread with egg salad and smoked egg plant. She was quite pleased as well.
- the music easy jazz, not too loud
- the service prompt and friendly
- a knife that you could actually cut the crust of the bread with.
- the quantity was spot on: neither too much nor too little
- the atmosphere relaxed
- the menu looked great, I was sorry that it is January and I try to eat a bit less
I heard that they have done some refurbishing quite recently and I do not know what it was like before, but now it is certainly good enough for me to revisit De Eendracht and then try the dinner they serve.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Wiebe M

“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Taxi ride away from our hotel, but worth the trip. Told the beer was excellent, I had a crisp white winę. Portions a bit large for me, bit good simple meals, served in a relaxed atmosphere. Place was packed on a Weds night with locals.

• Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida
“I great place forany meal”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We tried this place for a beer and hot chocolate on a chilly afternoon sitting outside on the large terrace. A few days later we returned for dinner after visiting het Stedelijk museum in Amsterdam.
We were promptly seated and ordered our drinks. It was still early so only a few people were seated at a few tables, a children’s party was ending in the adjoining room. The food we ordered was promptly served hot and well prepared. This is a great place to sit outside for people watching and enjoying a cup of coffee with cake, a drink in the afternoon or a great meal at night.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hb51travel
The Netherlands
“Relaxed atmosphere in very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent a lovely evening in De Eendracht, enjoying drinks on the lively terrace and a very tasty diner in the restaurant. Beers were served by kind youngsters, and at the dinner table we were attended by experienced staff that looked after us exactly the right way: never too close but always aware of our needs. And friendly in a relaxed but professional way.
The food was lovely, the athmosphere great, and the price was right.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank RallyWise
Abcoude, The Netherlands
“Newly refurbished - new card”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

After about a month De Eendracht has reopened in a much better shape then before. More light, more transparancy, open from 08.00 hours til midnight for a coffee, breakfast, lunch or dinner. We had dinner, which can be recommended. Service is good, the food was tasty. Come back for sure

Visited March 2013