“Disappointed”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I were trying to find a place to eat with my mother and walked into several nice looking restaurants in this small town in Holland. We choose this place because it looked very nice on the inside. Thus we made the reservation.
The three of us went to eat there a few days later looking forward to a nice meal. We entered the restaurant which was empty; we were the only customers on a Sunday night at six PM. I began to worry; we order a round of drinks and then ordered soup and our main course. I ordered bass expecting to get a whole bass. After a lengthy wait of 20 minutes the soup was served. It was only OK. The main course was served one hour, yes one hour after we ordered the food. I asked why it took so long the manager explained that is takes a long time to cook the fish. I explained to him that as a former chef I know that cooking as it turned out two filets of bass would have taken me no more than 10 minutes. When the food was served side dished and the rice were warm, not hot. I asked him for hot rice he said, I served the rice it was hot when I put in on the plate. After I paid the expensive bill and went to get the car the manager told my mother that HE MUST HAVE BEEN A CHEF at McDonald. How rude can one get?
I did work at the original Le Cirque at east 56 and Park Avenue New York when they first opened up with jean Verne and Serio Maccioni.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Hb51travel

Paris, France
“excellent Thai food, comfortable dinning room and kind service”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

having moved recently to Abcoude with my family we are in that phase where you look for the right places to have a meal. yesterday we have tried Pathum and we were very pleased with the experience.

The restaurant is attached to a small hotel in the center of the village and it offers a new dinning room, very comfortable and modern.

The menu is large enough and the food is excellent. We've had the mixed platter of starters (all quite tasty) and the spring rolls as a starter (one of the kids had only these for dinner and loved).

for main course we've had shrimp Pad Thai (very tasty, although a bit too spicy for some of the eaters), chicken red curry (absolutely delicious) and a chicken fried rice that was also quite good.

The dessert (banana leaf cake) was not fantastic.

Clearly a place we recommend and will repeat.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank PepitoD
Amsterdam
“A hidden gem from Amsterdam back in Abcoude”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

For years this family restaurant has reside in Amsterdam in te "Jordaan" as a regular customer I have heard that this precious gem had opended again in Abcoude! Not even 20 minutes away, recepies from Grandma Pathum in Thailand and the classic recepies still handled by her daughter Chef' Tjim. Authentic dishes served like their Pad Thai' Green curry made me lure back to te beautiful Thailand over again.
I found this place years ago on reference by a friend for their excellent chicken and cashew nuts and off the cart "Nua Sawan" beef from heaven.
Abcoude should be one great place to live having great Thai food in a 5 minute range available.
The restaurant is still new' staff is friendly and food is made as fresh as it can be. A must do.

• Visited July 2013