“Good food but rude staff!”

Captains Rendezvous
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in New Quay
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
“Good food but rude staff!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food was excellent but I think the girl behind the counter was extremely rude, I asked for ketchup and got attitude instead.

Visited April 2014
Thank gornalgremlin .

New Quay, United Kingdom
“Chip shop is a flop”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

About a year and half ago my husband and I went to this chip shop a few times before we moved to New Quay in Wales and the fish and chips were quite good and portions were quite generous.
Within one year 2013- 2014 we have revisited this shop several times and wow how it has changed for the worst. The service is very poor and staff are rude and unfriendly. We ordered
a large portion of chips as usual and the size was minute so I asked the young chap serving to put a few more chips on and he has ignored me twice now. It is not as if they were rushed off their feet as the shop was empty. If this is now the general standard then they do not deserve custom at all. It is such a shame they cannot be bothered to offer good service as we would go there every week but we have now given up going back as they have spoiled many a good night 's takaway for us. We would however recommend going over the road and going to the Lime Crab takaway as the young man who runs the place cannot do enough to help you and the fish and chips are second to none. Do not waste your money at Captain Rendevous as you will be disappointed we are sure.

• Visited February 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Scrummy Fish & Chips”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We measure all F&C's against our local one (which is the best of course) and for once we have found one that is a very close second. Superb chips, crispy batter on the very good sized Haddock. Roll on my next visit.

Visited October 2013
“Best Fish & Chips Ever!!! N”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited New Quay for the very first time this week. my wife and I noticed this fish shop had seating so we decided to go in. The seating area was empty but we thought we would give it a go. We both ordered the Cod Special. Fish,chips mushy peas bread & butter & coffee for £7.50 each.

The portions were very generous indeed. The cod was moist covered in a crispy batter and the chips were to die for golden and crispy..Heaven.
I would say this was the best fish supper we have ever had with great cheerful staff.
Go try for yourselves.

• Visited September 2013
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Excellent food.....huge portions. Definitely get what you pay for.....especially if you can eat it all. Good menu choice and friendly staff. Great location and views.

• Visited August 2013