“Safe, Informative, Excellent Ride, Great Fun”

Dolphin Survey Boat Trips
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in New Quay
More attraction details
Owner description: 1 hour, 2 hour, 4 hour and 8 hour trips. Join us on a boat trip from New Quay as we survey the bottlenose dolphins of Cardigan Bay. Enjoy the seals, birds, dolphins and porpoises that visit this beautiful coastline of West Wales. Learn from our on-board researcher. Limited to only 12 passengers, there is plenty of room aboard our boats to move around and take photos. From £10 (child) £17.50 (adult)
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I took a trip with Steve on board Anna Lloyd in September last year and were treated to some spectacular dolphin displays, seeing numerous dolphins including mother and calf and groups. We also saw harbour porpoise and several different species of birds. Steve is extremely knowledgeable and is always ready to answer any questions.
We recently took another trip, this time with my son and partner, my grand daughter and great grand daughter who was 2 years old. Unfortunately the weather and visibility was not brilliant and there were no dolphins to see. However, we had been wary of taking my great grand daughter on the boat but once on board she was fine and the boat is extremely stable and safe.
We had 4 generations of our family on board and all had a thoroughly enjoyable time, despite the absence of dolphins. Once again Steve's talk was very informative and we shall definitely be out with him when we holiday next year. Even my wife, who doesn't have the greatest sea-legs was happy to go out and is looking forward to our next trip.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a boat tour on Tuesday 22nd July, we took the 10.45 one as had been advised that sometimes the later ones aren't as successful and we weren't left disappointed. We saw loads of dolphins, a couple of porpoise and a seal so we're lucky enough to see the Cardigan Bay 'big 3'.

Julia and Bill on the boat were brilliant, took time to sit with 2 intrigued little boys and talked them through the photo book they had of various dolphins, porpoise and the different types of birds which hey both loved! They really knew their stuff and were very friendly and approachable, and happy to answer any questions we had. Only 12 people on each trip which is great too so you are able to move around the boat without being overcrowded and everyone is able to get a good view of the animals. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Thanks to Steve the skipper we had a great time, other boats seemed to pack the passengers in like sardines but not on the Anna Lloyd, there were only 12 passengers and there was no problem moving about the boat to take photos, the commentary was excellent and we did see several dolphins albeit 100 metres away. The coastline is awesome and our knowledgeable captain kept up his commentary on interesting facts about the rocks, the birds and some local history. As a fellow sailor I was delighted that we chose this trip from all the others and Steve was such great company and obviously in the business for his love of marine life. Two hours of sheer pleasure on a really hot day. Cost £60 for a family of five plus a 2 year old who went free. No rip off, absolute value for money. Thanks Steve, we will be back.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This trip was not bad, it was quite informative about the local marine wildlife. We did see a seal and lots of different species of seabirds, but unfortunatley no dolphins sightings, but i felt it was a bit dissappointing, not just because we didn't see any dolphins, just the trip itself. We went on a 2hour trip, and found it to be a little boring. I also thought the crew could have been more friendly!

2  Thank incablue
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Having been bought a voucher for dolphin watching I opted to use it at the cardigan bay marine wildlife centre, this turned out to be an excellent choice. The booking process was simple and the staff contacted me to keep me informed if whether the trip would be going ahead. On the morning of the trip the centre was easy to find and the staff were really helpful and friendly. The centre itself had lovely information about the wildlife as well as some simple and well priced souvenirs.
The boat trip was on time and the boat was clean, we'll maintained and not overcrowded. The captain and guide were friendly and very knowledgable which added to the experience. We were lucky enough to see all three marine mammals as well as numerous sea birds. The trip was amazing and I have recommended it to everyone I know already!!!