Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Lovely trip with toddlers

Very knowledgeable skipper who was happy to answer questions. The one hour journey isn't very far... read more

Reviewed 11 September 2020
Penguinsandgiraffes
Bangor, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great trip out

Very informative trip, excellent guide and saw Dolphins and other marine wildlife, from watching... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2020
Sam K

All reviews marine wildlife beautiful coastline hour trip sea birds saw dolphins private trip fantastic hours felt very safe amazing wildlife happy to answer any questions dolphin spotting knowledgeable skipper fabulous trip baby seal bird colonies their natural habitat interesting facts
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2019

There are plenty of dolphin spotting trips in Cardigan Bay but we booked this one as we felt it gave a bit back to the conservation of the marine wildlife. It was also really good value in comparison.
We felt truly blessed that we got to see around 10 dolphins leaping in the waves, and listened to them communicating through the underwater microphone. Steve was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, he kept us entertained throughout the two hour trip and obviously cared passionately for the wildlife. He recognised some of the dolphins and was able to give us a bit of history about them. The boat (Anna Lloyd) was really comfortable and there was plenty of space for everyone to move about and spot the wildlife. I would highly recommend booking through Dolphin Survey Boat Trips. Obviously nothing is guaranteed with wildlife but if you are lucky enough to see the dolphins it is quite magical.

Date of experience: August 2019
steve H, Owner at Dolphin Survey Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Thank you for your glowing review!
Good sightings of the dolphins make my job easier. They thrill my passengers and energise me as your guide and Neti,my crew and wildlife spotter. I hope you’ll join us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2019

Amazing wildlife experience, we saw lots of dolphins leaping in the waves and wildlife.The staff were also very friendly.if you are looking for a dolphin trip this one will be great.

Reviewed 8 August 2019

A all around brilliant day. Which started as we were waiting for the boat chatting to one of the dolphin watchers ,when some guy drove his 4x4 on the beach for a selfie he then manage to ground his car and had to be pulled off the beach as the tide came in. So to be honest I was not to bothered if I saw the dolphins after all that excitement. But we did see both dolphins and seals on our 2hour trip with Steve. Are boat only took 12 people so you could move about so of the other boats I saw were packed . Well worth going out with team.

Date of experience: July 2019
steve H, Owner at Dolphin Survey Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2019

Yes, the man with the 4x4 was lucky to beat the incoming tide!!!
Glad you enjoyed your trip with us and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

We had seen the dolphin from the quay side but booked the two hour tour to get the whole experience, the skipper was very knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming, even when the sea took its toll on my other half, the wildlife played it’s part with multiple dolphin sightings, some close in and others not so much, but a great all round experience, it also shows that they care for the animals and go to great lengths not to harass them, it does get a bit choppy out by the fish factory

Date of experience: August 2019
steve H, Owner at Dolphin Survey Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

It was choppy but the dolphins made up for it !
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

Our boat trip wasn’t great from the off. The seats on the boat were wet (yes I know boats & water go together) but you don’t expect to be soaked through before you set off!!! The water was choppy which was great fun and possibly the most interesting part. We weren’t shown hardly any wildlife and definitely no dolphins. Whilst I get that this is not guaranteed for £40 you certainly expect more than a bit of commentary and a 2 hr boat trip. A little bit disappointed to say the least

Date of experience: July 2019
steve H, Owner at Dolphin Survey Boat Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2019

I apologise for overlooking your wet seat on your trip. On rough trips spray can wet the seats and I should have checked.
Finding our dolphins , seals and porpoise in choppy seas can be challenging but can be achieved as you can see on a posting on Dolphin Survey Boat Trips Facebook page captured on trip prior to yours..
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.