“STUNNING FISH, CHIPS AND VIEWS”
Review of The Lime Crab

The Lime Crab
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in New Quay
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: FIsh and chips with a twist !All our cod & haddock is skinless and boneless and is served with lemon wedge and homemade tartar sauce.. Also available on the menu is salt & pepper squid . , Tempura Prawns , homemade rissoles , children's menu and daily specials.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all ignore any previous criticism of this outstanding fish and chip bar - this is perhaps the best Fish and Chip shop (from personal experience) in Wales if not the UK!

If you are on holiday or a local - go down and enjoy home made batter as it should be with the freshest fish and just right golden crispy chips served with homemade tartar sauce all wrapped up in a neat folding box

My wife had two home made fishcakes that were just delicious (I just had to sample them!) and I had large haddock and chips which we thoroughly enjoyed while looking across the diamond harbour town that is called New Quay (A bit like St Ives but better since it is in Wales and you don't get smelly vans squeezed down tightly packed streets trying to crush the pedestrians)

Back to reality - The Lime Crab is a joy and tastefully decorated and finished in high quality decor that would not look out of place in an expensive hotel - just go there and see what I mean!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Living in Milford Haven as we do, we are very used to fresh, quality, fish and chips, so we went here not really expecting anything different.

We were in for a huge surprise!. Cod and chips served in a large cardboard box with a slice of lemon (such a nice simple touch) and a nice pot of fresh Tartre sauce was £6.99 each, which I thought at the time was just a bit expensive - until we got to the park and sat down to eat. (Note. this is a take away with a few seats outside).

The fish was a large lightly battered ruddy gorgeous peice of fresh fish which just melted in the mouth. The batter was light and crispy and not too thick.
The chips were some of the best I have ever had. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside and a good helping for a greedy guts like me.

Not often I feel much towards a chip shop, but this is something else. Well done guys.

If I were to make one minor critism, I think the staff could be just a bit more customer friendly, smile more and communicate a bit more, but food wise no complaints whatsoever.

Oh, and the sales rep who sat next to us in the park (he was behind me in the queue), said he was stunned at the quailty and would be going back next time he was there.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We came here on the weekend and was drawn to this funky looking take away. Iv never quite seen a chip shop like it with whole sea bream grilled , Paella , Fresh scallops , tempura prawns , and salt & pepper squid. such a nice touch. I had the freshly grilled bream and it was lush served in a neat box with homemade tartare sauce and my wife had the cod which she loved as it was skinless and boneless the best she's had. We cant wait to come back next year to try the rest of the menu..

Reviewed 9 October 2013

If fish and chips can be posh these are and served in a cardboard box as paper is just not good enough.
The choice is good, The food is clean and cooked well and good value for money.
I had the haddock which was lovely and my partner had sea bass which was even better.
We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Fish was cooked to perfection in lovely light batter, fish was a decent proportion. Chips were absolutely delicious, I don't normally eat chips so was amazed when I ate the whole lot. The home made tartare sauce was out of this world. Most importantly it was served in a cardboard container not those horrible plastic, polystyrene type of containers, therefore more friendly for the environment. Highly recommended.