“Yummy”

Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in New Quay
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: FIsh and chips with a twist !All our cod & haddock is skinless and boneless and is served with lemon wedge and homemade tartar sauce.. Also available on the menu is salt & pepper squid . Scallops , Tempura Prawns , homemade rissoles , children's menu and daily specials.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

after reading reviews on here decided we must try whilst in New Quay staff were friendly and place clean and tidy food supplied in cardboard boxes lots of choice and short wait I had the gluten free fish and chips and it was amazing rest of family had glutenfull food and all really enjoyed it too sat on harbour wall to eat it - brilliant

There are newer reviews for The Lime Crab

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Lovely fish and chips, lovely friendly staff and they do Gluten Free fish and chips all year round!!!! Large portions too!!! Its located right on the harbour so no need to do the usual walk around of all the eating places in the area to get a gluten free meal!!! Very impressed!! Well done The Lime Crab...you made my day a lot easier!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Was impressed with our takeaway last year so popped back again this summer. It was very busy and chaotic. The menu is impressive as is the presentation as everything comes in brown branded boxes. It's definitely not cheap though but for fresh produce fair enough? I was weighing up prawns or salt and pepper squid when the chap in front had the last of the squid. Along came a young guy with a huge, white frozen bag of squid, obviously from a catering supplier heading for the fryer. There's nothing wrong with this but at £7.99 a portion you could probably buy the bag outright!
Looking behind the servers, the back of house was disgraceful, bins overflowing, floor unswept - not good. I understand its the height of the season but there's no excuse for unhygienic work practices.
I've titled this review style over substance as in my option it's all about the branding. Personally I saved a few quid and popped to the captains for traditional fish and chips!!

2  Thank ni18
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a take away from here last night and sat outside on the harbour wall to eat it. I can honestly say this is the best fish and chip shop I've ever visited. Didn't have to wait too long, the staff were friendly and happy. I had the mackerel goujons and chips which was absolutely delicious. It was served with a slice of lemon and home made tartare sauce which was amazing. The chips were fluffy inside and crispy on the outside but not at all fatty. They were served in a trendy cardboard box! My partner had cod and chips. The batter on the cod was light and crispy. We also shared a scallop as a starter! Portion sizes were very generous. I would recommend everyone to this great restaurant to experience the best fish and chips in the UK!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Fresh cod cooked before you, wonderful chips, home made tartar sause. Italian coffee too if you want!